LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

How is RT Anthony Davis doing compared to other 2010 First Round OT's picked?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Seriously Max protection for Alex on that play he got hurt.... how did Davis let a free rusher go??
He's a very young rookie making a lot of mistakes. But at this point he is starting to remind me of Kwame Harris... He's very, very young but I'm not convinced he's ready right now. Sitting him for a while may be better. He's killing us.
Throw a raw 20 year old rookie in with GROWN ASS MEN, and this is what you get.
bust
Rookie or not, Davis has made too many mistakes to be left playing on the field. He needs to be benched and taught properly. Who knows wtf he does during film studies/practice. If I had the choice, yeah, I'd let him keep playing to tank for Luck/Locker.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Rookie or not, Davis has made too many mistakes to be left playing on the field. He needs to be benched and taught properly. Who knows wtf he does during film studies/practice. If I had the choice, yeah, I'd let him keep playing to tank for Luck/Locker.

I'm starting to think Locker/Luck is actually pretty realistic now. And I think that's for the best long term. But we can't have Dingleberry developing the next guy...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
rookie schmookie. He doesn't even seem to have the basic skills. Before the draft, other teams had him as a 3rd round draft pick. Doesn't surprise me that singletary would jump up to grab him in the first.

I cracks me up when announcers start calling things "rookie mistakes" when they are things you should learn in High School.

If you don't get up out of your stance and get your balance quick, a defender is going to blow by you whether it is Jr. High, College of the NFL. If you are under a minute with no timeouts the clock is going to run if you get tackled in bounds, whether you are playing 6th grade flag or in the NFL.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

I'm starting to think Locker/Luck is actually pretty realistic now. And I think that's for the best long term. But we can't have Dingleberry developing the next guy...

Locker/Luck is a strong possibility
It is best long term
Continue to play the rooks to ensure this happens, so they can get experience, and be ready to block for a rookie QB next year.
Digleberry will not be developing anybody .

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
We don't know that AD will be better from the left side. Plus, the opponents BEST DEFENSIVE END plays there! If he's already mediocre agains the 2nd best DE, what makes you think he'll do even better agains their NUMBER ONE DE!

He's gonna get the QB killed if he plays the left side like he plays the right side. At least in the right side, the QB can see AD whiff on his block and protect himself as he's getting hit.

Anyone up for putting AD on the QB's blind side still?
Put him on the bench..... Start Boone, no way he is as bad as AD.

AD? Oh you mean KD...All he needs is #77 jersey and it Kwame 2.0 time....Kwame Davis has a head start on a great low light video....He got Smith killed!
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Put him on the bench..... Start Boone, no way he is as bad as AD.

trying to get all of the QB's killed are we?
Originally posted by defender49:
bust

Ridiculous assertion. Takes two years to develop a tackle.

Maybe Simms should be out there right now, but to write Davis off as a bust after half a dozen games is, even by NT standards, ************.
Honestly, we should have saw this coming. A rookie tackle has a high possibility of struggling... It's a risk starting two rookies on the line, especially one at tackle. Although, there is no excuse for the play that Smith got hurt on. What was that?
Ironically, Singletary and Baalke traded up to make sure we got Davis. It's too bad rookie "mistakes" end up injuring A. Smith. Now, we may have to re-sign him since Carr will prove he's even worse...as he showed us yesterday.
Share 49ersWebzone