LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Shame on the 49ers if they lose this game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by A-R-S:
There are 2 things that can happen tomorrow.

1. We try EVERYTHING to give the game away, but Carolina is so bad that they lose anyway. (see: raiders game)

2. We lose. (see: every other game)

Thats it. Those are the only options under Mike "hit em' in da mouf'" Singletary. Nothing means anything until this ignorant f**k is fired.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I don't expect to win this game though we should. We're on the road and even though the Panthers suck we just seem to find ways to lose games. Hope I'm wrong.
this should be JUST like the Raider game.....as bad as I think Alex plays sometimes, Carolina's situation is worse...again just like the Raider game...

as much as I feel Alex didn't do enough to win the Raiders game, and that it was Campbell's horrible play that helped us win....I think the same thing will happen against Carolina...

although, imo....the Raiders have a MUCH better defense, and this should be a blow out....

it should be one of those patent 9er games where Gore is asked to hit up the middle for most of the game...and maybe has 2-3 big runs....enough for the play action to work for Alex to find someone WIDE open on 2-3 drives....

as well as our defense just destroying Moore and creating 3 and outs and turnovers.........so imo, we are facing a much easier team than the Raiders, shouldn't matter if we are on the road or if its a 10am start.

the Bronco game on the other hand, I feel Alex will be asked to keep us in the game, and will get exposed again.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 23, 2010 at 14:12:12 ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Actively cheering for the loss this week and next, forcing management to kick this clown of a coach to the curb at the bye week.

The ridiculous management of Heitmann (mystery neck injury) and Gore (he's overworked? Shocker!!!!) this week continues to confirm that Singletary is way over his head, and will only continue to embarrass this franchise as time passes.

Cut the cord, end the pain. Let's get someone who knows what they are doing.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Yeah, I'm also looking for 2 loses heading into the bye. This team needs a new coach and Qb and giving Alex and Sing any hope of hanging on is just false hope. New coach and Qb next year and a high draft pick.
Carolina has a stud LB and two of the best running backs in the game. Oh, and they have a WR that is better than anyone on our roster.
Originally posted by 190836:
Originally posted by A-R-S:
There are 2 things that can happen tomorrow.

1. We try EVERYTHING to give the game away, but Carolina is so bad that they lose anyway. (see: raiders game)

2. We lose. (see: every other game)

Thats it. Those are the only options under Mike "hit em' in da mouf'" Singletary. Nothing means anything until this ignorant f**k is fired.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Carolina has a stud LB and two of the best running backs in the game. Oh, and they have a WR that is better than anyone on our roster.

doesn't matter Kilgore.

seems like you are bracing for excuses for this game or something, usually you are more confident in our team.

they have a BAD Qb situation...and their WR wasn't even suppose to start this week, but is...so I'm sure he is not close to 100%....but even if they have a good/great running game, we can control that.....it's their QB that will have beat our defense.

our QB has better personal around him than Moore, and should do much better against the Panther Defense....Alex has better set of healthy WRs, much better TE, and a good set of RBs.

there is no excuse for us to lose this game, let alone not blow them out.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

doesn't matter Kilgore.

seems like you are bracing for excuses for this game or something, usually you are more confident in our team.

they have a BAD Qb situation...and their WR wasn't even suppose to start this week, but is...so I'm sure he is not close to 100%....but even if they have a good/great running game, we can control that.....it's their QB that will have beat our defense.

our QB has better personal around him than Moore, and should do much better against the Panther Defense....Alex has better set of healthy WRs, much better TE, and a good set of RBs.

there is no excuse for us to lose this game, let alone not blow them out.

I'm optimistic through and through. But that doesn't mean I need to trash another team when it is undeserved. Carolina has been a lot more successful than we have this past decade and their team isn't that bad, despite being 0-5. Matt Moore played well at the end of the last season and he could return to that form as soon as this coming Sunday.

this should be JUST like the Raider game.....as bad as I think Alex plays sometimes, Carolina's situation is worse...again just like the Raider game...

as much as I feel Alex didn't do enough to win the Raiders game, and that it was Campbell's horrible play that helped us win....I think the same thing will happen against Carolina...

although, imo....the Raiders have a MUCH better defense, and this should be a blow out....

it should be one of those patent 9er games where Gore is asked to hit up the middle for most of the game...and maybe has 2-3 big runs....enough for the play action to work for Alex to find someone WIDE open on 2-3 drives....

as well as our defense just destroying Moore and creating 3 and outs and turnovers.........so imo, we are facing a much easier team than the Raiders, shouldn't matter if we are on the road or if its a 10am start.

the Bronco game on the other hand, I feel Alex will be asked to keep us in the game, and will get exposed again.
Seriously? Raiders with the 22nd overall defense, 8th in pass D, is WAY better than Carolina's 12th overall defense, 5th in pass d? That's with the Panthers having to play against superior talent up till this point.

I don't blame you for being down on Matt Moore, your defense may very well eat him up. On that same note, the Panthers secondary that is third in the league in interceptions is going against a qb that leads the league in interceptions. Like other like minded fans have stated in this thread, the plan for beating the Panthers is the same as for beating the 9ers.

[ Edited by CarolinaPride on Oct 23, 2010 at 15:36:08 ]
Originally posted by CarolinaPride:

Seriously? Raiders with the 22nd overall defense, 8th in pass D, is WAY better than Carolina's 12th overall defense, 5th in pass d? That's with the Panthers having to play against superior talent up till this point.

I don't blame you for being down on Matt Moore, your defense may very well eat him up. On that same note, the Panthers secondary that is third in the league in interceptions is going against a qb that leads the league in interceptions. Like other like minded fans have stated in this thread, the plan for beating the Panthers is the same as for beating the 9ers.

hey guy, welcome to the forum.

didn't know that, now I do thankx.

going to look over your roster when I get back from watching the Giants and UFC tonight......u fellas must have some up-and-coming youngsters on Defense. Or is John Fox doing a good job bringing them together as well?

[ Edited by Afrikan on Oct 23, 2010 at 15:40:47 ]
Originally posted by pelos21:

Best post yet.
Originally posted by CarolinaPride:

hey guy, welcome to the forum.

didn't know that, now I do thankx.

going to look over your roster when I get back from watching the Giants and UFC tonight......u fellas must have some up-and-coming youngsters on Defense. Or is John Fox doing a good job bringing them together as well?
It's no prob. Most wouldn't assume we have a good defense due to the 0-5 record. Our offense has been down right atrocious this season though, so far.

They let go of a bunch of vets on defense. To replace them, they went with very young and very fast players. Moved Beason from MLB to WLB so he could make a bigger impact in our Tampa 2 defense. It was supposed to take the young guys a couple years to get experience and gel. They seem to be way ahead of the curve. It sucks because, they are on the field 75% of a game, getting wore down due to the offense sucking.

Don't know if you guys had that problem in the first few games, but it can definitely take its toll on a defense.
They will win!
Share 49ersWebzone