There are 227 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sound FX: Vernon Davis mic'd up

VD Mic'd up.
funny when he told dude on the Raiders to keep working hard and don't give up .
This team is such a mess, you can tell from this video. I'm no psychologist, but there's no way our TE should be telling our QB to 'stay poised" and our bell-cow RB to "do his job." Bleh. We need a real leader on Offense, preferably at the HC position.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
This team is such a mess, you can tell from this video. I'm no psychologist, but there's no way our TE should be telling our QB to 'stay poised" and our bell-cow RB to "do his job." Bleh. We need a real leader on Offense, preferably at the HC position.

Sorry but I disagree. As leader of the team, I have no issue with Vernon pumping up the guys. I rather have him say things then staying quiet.
Originally posted by NumberOneFan:

Sorry but I disagree. As leader of the team, I have no issue with Vernon pumping up the guys. I rather have him say things then staying quiet.

No player should have to tell our QB to stay poised. I dunno maybe it was because the crowd was booing like a bunch of morons.

[ Edited by binary2nd on Oct 21, 2010 at 10:17:28 ]

No player should have to tell our QB to stay poised.

I'm sure they all motivate each other, Vernon just happened to be mic'd up at the time, I don't have a problem with it

I also disagree.

Vernon needs to call it as it is.
You need to be half bully, half motivator.

Two elements of being a leader.

how come you can make a statement like this then
Originally posted by 228niner:

I'm sure they all motivate each other, Vernon just happened to be mic'd up at the time, I don't have a problem with it

Thanks, that was what I meant. Like when Alex was talking with the o-line. And the o-line was talking back. It's all for motivation.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

I also disagree.

Vernon needs to call it as it is.
You need to be half bully, half motivator.

Two elements of being a leader.

Shouldn't the QB be a leader though? The QB should always be poised and in control. Maybe I'm looking too much into it....whatever, Gruden will fix everything next year.
Man its so funny how Vern changed drastically in jus a few years... he's a great leader and glad he's on our team. I did lol @ when he told alex to throw for another TD when they were kneeling the ball

LOL....

Just because he's saying that stuff doesn't mean he HAS to say it. Shannon Sharpe said alot of stuff to John Elway and Terrell Davis....it doesn't mean they NEEDED it.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Man its so funny how Vern changed drastically in jus a few years... he's a great leader and glad he's on our team. I did lol @ when he told alex to throw for another TD when they were kneeling the ball

hahah, yeah, that was cool. It would have been funny if they did throw it though. Screw the Raiders!!
Originally posted by 228niner:

well ur right, ur definitely not a psychologist! Vernon is the vocal leader for the offense. meaning he tries to motivate the OFFENSE! stop hating on alex smith for no reason. and obviously Frank doesn't mind Vernon's motivation talks.
lol, Vernon telling Spikes he loves him