LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

Play by Play analysis on Oakland vs SF

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here's a couple of subjective comments I would like to dispute:

Quote:
1st and 10 at SF 20 (Shotgun) A.Smith sacked at SF 18 for -2 yards (M.Shaughnessy).
Staley gives up too much ground and is inches from being shoved into QB... Smith tries to run from Staley's pressure, but the RDE disengages and drags him down. Everyone else up front did fine. *By the way, the RE beating Staley here was rookie Matt Shaughnessy

The statement, "Smith tries to run from Staley's pressure..." is not entirely true. Smith didn't try to run "from" the pressure, he ran into the pressure. Staley was in between Smith and the rusher. Smith had initial time to make a play but it appeared as if he did not find anyone open (most likely good coverage). However, he did have room in front and to the right to step into just a moment earlier if he felt the pressure but he stayed in his last step position, something he does often, which makes it easy for the DL throughout a game to target one spot and go full speed and he didn't shuffle forward, which is a fundamental skill most QB's use. The time alloted was decent for Smith and the pressure wasn't immediate. He needs to sense this and needs to be aware where the linemen are coming from. When Smith has shuffled forward after his last step, he has been awesome in his passes but he tends to stand statue on that last step too often which can result in sailed balls or inaccurate throws. It's very difficult, unless you have a super arm, to make accurate throws without a shuffle or a pivot forward.

Quote:
3rd and 5 at OAK 34 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete deep right to J.Morgan [T.Kelly].
good overall blocking... Rachal would have given up a sack if the ball had not come out as soon as it did, (as it was, Rachal's man smacked Alex hard after the throw) but adequate time was given. Morgan looked lost and lazy on the route... Alex gestures angrily to him... really pissed off at Morgan. Alex goes over to him right away on sideline, gesturing and explaining something to Morgan.

I don't agree with "Morgan looked lost and lazy on the route..." opinion. Morgan decisively veered toward the middle (crazy open area) and Smith went with how the play was designed with no adjustment. Looking lost was the last thing Morgan appeared to be.

3rd drive:

Quote:
3rd and 3 at SF 27 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short left to M.Crabtree to SF 34 for 7 yards (K.Wimbley). Caught at SF 33.
The ONLY OL not getting shoved back quickly toward QB was Baas and Rachal... pocket collapsed with the quickness. Baas was free + did okay on helping Iupati

There are many comments like these on short passes. The OL know it's a short pass so they are not expected to hold there blocks for long. If you look at most quick passes or even slants, the blocking rarely looks like it's going to hold up for long. You are looking more to see if the OL blocks to open the correct passing lane for the quick pass. I personally feel the obvious 1st read quick passes don't always fall to blame the OL for only blocking for a quick frame.

Quote:
1st and 10 at OAK 43 A.Smith pass incomplete short right to J.Morgan [T.Scott].
misdirection bootleg fails instantly, as the blitzing LB from play-side came straight through thanks to a non-existent Morgan block. Alex looks fed up with Morgan

This was one of our many fails with the bootlegs and playaction roll-outs. This type of play depends highly on faking the End/rusher who's on the side the QB rolls to. In this game, it seemed as though the Raiders Ends or outside rushers did not fall for one fake and held their ground and QB responsibility really well.

Most of your observations are great and spot on but as you said I have a tendancy to try to "expose" Alex, there is also a tendency to overlook some things Alex isn't doing that he is taught to do or there is a tendency to make the surrounding cast appear that they made a bigger mistake than actually made such as the blocking for short period on quick passes or the Morgan appeared lost comments.

[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 20, 2010 at 09:47:05 ]
oldman,

On your 4th quarter review, can you check to see how many times Alex sticks his spot in that last step and stays there? I'm thinking he doesn't shuffle forward enough to the center of the pocket and stays in the back of the pocket too often being a direct line target for the Ends.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Quote:
1st and 10 at SF 20 (Shotgun) A.Smith sacked at SF 18 for -2 yards (M.Shaughnessy).
Staley gives up too much ground and is inches from being shoved into QB... Smith tries to run from Staley's pressure, but the RDE disengages and drags him down. Everyone else up front did fine. *By the way, the RE beating Staley here was rookie Matt Shaughnessy

The statement, "Smith tries to run from Staley's pressure..." is not entirely true. Smith didn't try to run "from" the pressure, he ran into the pressure. Staley was in between Smith and the rusher. Smith had initial time to make a play but it appeared as if he did not find anyone open (most likely good coverage). However, he did have room in front and to the right to step into just a moment earlier if he felt the pressure but he stayed in his last step position, something he does often, which makes it easy for the DL throughout a game to target one spot and go full speed and he didn't shuffle forward, which is a fundamental skill most QB's use. The time alloted was decent for Smith and the pressure wasn't immediate. He needs to sense this and needs to be aware where the linemen are coming from. When Smith has shuffled forward after his last step, he has been awesome in his passes but he tends to stand statue on that last step too often which can result in sailed balls or inaccurate throws. It's very difficult, unless you have a super arm, to make accurate throws without a shuffle or a pivot forward.

I'll address these one at a time as I find the time.

I am watching the play in question yet again. Correct that Smith obviously did not like the options downfield. Incorrect on his pocket usage... why? First, he's in the shotgun to begin with, and he does in fact step forward into the pocket before sensing he needed to take off on a run.

The problem? As soon as Smith finishes his drop, Staley's back is already within 1 yard of crashing into him. To his credit, Staley has #77 turned to where Alex can run up field... which he chooses to do. BUT... and here's the clincher... as he steps forward, #77 works his way over Staley's right shoulder... and Staley is unable to out-match him physically... so because Staley was too weak to restrain the efforts made to get around his inside shoulder... or better yet, drive #77 back whatsoever, it blows any chance of a run.

* watch how many unnecessary steps backwards that Staley takes. NO ONE else on the OL is giving up near the ground that he did. He should have been anchored on the 17 yard line, yet in an instant, he (by his own accord) is finally digging in on the 13 yard line. Alex is on the 12... he steps up to the 14 before tucking to run...

... and if you are still unbelieving, then I suggest you explore what your real agenda is here... as you are not being honest and just seeing what you want to see.

Quote:
3rd and 5 at OAK 34 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete deep right to J.Morgan [T.Kelly].
good overall blocking... Rachal would have given up a sack if the ball had not come out as soon as it did, (as it was, Rachal's man smacked Alex hard after the throw) but adequate time was given. Morgan looked lost and lazy on the route... Alex gestures angrily to him... really pissed off at Morgan. Alex goes over to him right away on sideline, gesturing and explaining something to Morgan.

I don't agree with "Morgan looked lost and lazy on the route..." opinion. Morgan decisively veered toward the middle (crazy open area) and Smith went with how the play was designed with no adjustment. Looking lost was the last thing Morgan appeared to be.

Morgan wanted the ball on his inside shoulder... Alex threw it to the outside shoulder. Morgan loses a lot of ground because of his long, clumsy strides... He has zero quick-twitch ability. And since when are receivers not supposed to adjust to the ball? Who was confused of the play design? Smith or Morgan? I think most would have no difficulty deciding that one. Alex knows this offense... Morgan's been iffy all year. So Alex is to assume that Morgan would just for the hell of it run whatever route he decided to?

** Look, we can do this all day, but I see where it's going. You can read the ones where I give Smith the pure blame... they are in there. Just not so many, because it's truth. I am not here to "color" this picture for others. I know all too well that minds will not be changed on our QB. I am genuinely honest with my assessments. There may be scheme issues that I am not always aware of... but for the most part, I think I get it right.
Just re-watched the 1st quarter. Few things stood out to me.

First offensive play. Great throw by Alex, definitely catchable if morgan even put in a little effort. PI, COULD of been called.

C.J. Spillman, GREAT ST pickup! Dude had two great open field tackles. One on the opening KO, the other on our first punt.

Bowman appears to go in on 3rd downs for T.Spikes. Why? IDK. He got beat on two crucial third downs on the Raiders first drive. One he got juked by Bush, the other by Campbell. Leave spikes in!!! He did this last week as well.

Singletary is a dips**t. Doesn't know what to challenge and what not to.

Mays had a nice hard hit on Murphy, causing a fumble near the goal line. Great closing speed!!!!

Willis!!!! with 1:50 left in the 1st quarter. SMASHES the raiders huge guard into his own RB to make the tackle. just awesome!!!
Where can I go to rewatch the game? I want to see that willis play.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Just re-watched the 1st quarter. Few things stood out to me.

First offensive play. Great throw by Alex, definitely catchable if morgan even put in a little effort. PI, COULD of been called.

C.J. Spillman, GREAT ST pickup! Dude had two great open field tackles. One on the opening KO, the other on our first punt.

Bowman appears to go in on 3rd downs for T.Spikes. Why? IDK. He got beat on two crucial third downs on the Raiders first drive. One he got juked by Bush, the other by Campbell. Leave spikes in!!! He did this last week as well.

Singletary is a dips**t. Doesn't know what to challenge and what not to.

Mays had a nice hard hit on Murphy, causing a fumble near the goal line. Great closing speed!!!!

Willis!!!! with 1:50 left in the 1st quarter. SMASHES the raiders huge guard into his own RB to make the tackle. just awesome!!!

Definitely agree with all of this.

... and maybe NFL.com has something where you can watch the replays. Might charge you too, if I recall, but I don't know about that for sure.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Where can I go to rewatch the game? I want to see that willis play.

You'd have to download it on tenyardtorrents.com. Wish I knew of an easy way to make gif's I'd put it up.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

Quote:

I'll address these one at a time as I find the time.

I am watching the play in question yet again. Correct that Smith obviously did not like the options downfield. Incorrect on his pocket usage... why? First, he's in the shotgun to begin with, and he does in fact step forward into the pocket before sensing he needed to take off on a run.

The problem? As soon as Smith finishes his drop, Staley's back is already within 1 yard of crashing into him. To his credit, Staley has #77 turned to where Alex can run up field... which he chooses to do. BUT... and here's the clincher... as he steps forward, #77 works his way over Staley's right shoulder... and Staley is unable to out-match him physically... so because Staley was too weak to restrain the efforts made to get around his inside shoulder... or better yet, drive #77 back whatsoever, it blows any chance of a run.

* watch how many unnecessary steps backwards that Staley takes. NO ONE else on the OL is giving up near the ground that he did. He should have been anchored on the 17 yard line, yet in an instant, he (by his own accord) is finally digging in on the 13 yard line. Alex is on the 12... he steps up to the 14 before tucking to run...

... and if you are still unbelieving, then I suggest you explore what your real agenda is here... as you are not being honest and just seeing what you want to see.

These are the types of plays where the pressure is obviously coming considering how the blockers are being pushed back. These are also the plays where Alex takes far too long before moving. QB's with better pocket awareness scratch the initials reads and process to quickly move into a new position (up and to the right before Staley's man and Rachal's man squeezed his position too tight) before it's too late. Alex begins to move when it's usually too late. Now consider that he was in shotgun and saw Staley immediately get too far back. That alone is a warning signal. There are pressures and sacks that are clearly blamed on the OL, but this is an instance our QB was also to take partial blame in being completely oblivious to a closing pocket. Of course, QB's aren't always expected to know where the pressure is coming but this happens far too much considering we have a "mobile" QB. That's the key word, we have a "mobile" QB.

Quote:

Morgan wanted the ball on his inside shoulder... Alex threw it to the outside shoulder. Morgan loses a lot of ground because of his long, clumsy strides... He has zero quick-twitch ability. And since when are receivers not supposed to adjust to the ball? Who was confused of the play design? Smith or Morgan? I think most would have no difficulty deciding that one. Alex knows this offense... Morgan's been iffy all year. So Alex is to assume that Morgan would just for the hell of it run whatever route he decided to?

** Look, we can do this all day, but I see where it's going. You can read the ones where I give Smith the pure blame... they are in there. Just not so many, because it's truth. I am not here to "color" this picture for others. I know all too well that minds will not be changed on our QB. I am genuinely honest with my assessments. There may be scheme issues that I am not always aware of... but for the most part, I think I get it right.

Morgan was not at all able to adjust to that ball because he expected it to be on the inside shoulder (the open area). Alex threw it towards the crowded area where Crabtree and his defender were also running 9 routes.

I'm not saying Morgan isn't to blame because he's the one who deviated from the route assuming Alex would see the wide open area (Alex did not have time to look).

I'm saying that Morgan did not look confused as you stated. Because he didn't run the play as designed doesn't correlate to confusion. It was a decision he made that he thought would have made and easier play. He probably did the proper thing which is what most receivers do and that's veer more towards an easier throw to an open area.

These are also the plays where Alex takes far too long before moving. QB's with better pocket awareness scratch the initials reads and process to quickly move into a new position (up and to the right before Staley's man and Rachal's man squeezed his position too tight) before it's too late. Alex begins to move when it's usually too late.

... and this will always be the problem with observers like yourself. If Alex does move a split-secong sooner, you will just come in and say he got jittery in the pocket, and didn't stand his ground to keep looking for targets downfield. He just can not win with people like yourself who will always find a way to fault him.
Let me thank you oldman for your work. As for me, I really appreciate your effort and knowledge. These others strike me as the typical Negative Nancys who obessively b***h and complain about everything. What a waste of a life to go through it so miserably.
Nice breakdown Oldman.

These are also the plays where Alex takes far too long before moving. QB's with better pocket awareness scratch the initials reads and process to quickly move into a new position (up and to the right before Staley's man and Rachal's man squeezed his position too tight) before it's too late. Alex begins to move when it's usually too late.

... and this will always be the problem with observers like yourself. If Alex does move a split-secong sooner, you will just come in and say he got jittery in the pocket, and didn't stand his ground to keep looking for targets downfield. He just can not win with people like yourself who will always find a way to fault him.

It all depends on the result of the play. You can normally tell when a QB is jittery in comparison to a QB who is moving with a purpose to buy more time. When Alex has moved well in the pocket, he has rarely looked jittery. Actually, he has rarely looked jittery either way. If he stays, he stays strong and takes the hit and when he moves, he doesn't get flustered and still keeps his eyes down field. He needs to work better on keep his knees bent better to be able to make these moves with more ease and to be able to make instant (2nd option) throws more accurately.

Still though, I appreciate reading these thread. Alex can be much better but he's got to keep remembering his fundamentals which is something Singletary knows nothing about and it seems as though Johnson is now too busy to remind him throughout. Either way, Alex is veteran enough to understand this by now.
4th Quarter

1st and 10 at OAK 11 J.Campbell sacked at OAK 1 for -10 yards (P.Haralson).
misdirection really bit Oakland in the rear here. Franklin shot through the A gap as the OC blocked left and the RG could not get a piece of him. Franklin looked quick. Haralson wasn't fooled and blazed in there to meet QB in direction of his roll-out. Watching live, I was furious that the refs didn't credit SF with a sack. From the replay, it's so close, but understandable.

2nd and 20 at OAK 1 J.Campbell up the middle to OAK 2 for 1 yard (A.Franklin).
the front 7 would not budge here... clearly expecting the run up the gut

3rd and 19 at OAK 2 J.Campbell pass incomplete deep right to L.Murphy.
4 man front... , and these 4 rushed. Haralson at LE quick around edge, and almost cut it in on the RT to get the QB... LT did a nice job of washing LaBoy at RE away from QB... RayMac got great push on the LG, and the RB had to help... Ray was right in QB's grill as he released... Justin was well doubled by OC and LG... SF was SO lucky here, as James was beaten on a deep post, and Mays wasn't gonna make it over in time... could have been a 98 yd TD pass had the ball not been overthrown by a yard or two.

4th and 19 at OAK 2 S.Lechler punts 61 yards to SF 37, Center-J.Condo. T.Ginn to SF 42 for 5 yards (H.Eugene; R.Cartwright).
-----

1st and 10 at SF 42 F.Gore up the middle to SF 45 for 3 yards (T.Kelly).
Timeout #1 by SF at 12:28.
Staley easy job walling off RE... Iupati pulls and puts shot on LE... Baas stands up RDT but doesn't get much movement on him... Rachal gets violent block on LDT and squirts in for a LB block, nice work... AD not moving the LE much... Gore's vision finds him a small crease right of Baas.

2nd and 7 at SF 45 F.Gore up the middle to SF 45 for no gain (M.Shaughnessy).
Staley crashed in on RDT... this left Morgan to block either the RE or incoming DB, of which he got confused and blocked neither, so the RE quickly slipped in for Gore. No push up front by the others.

3rd and 7 at SF 45 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short right to V.Davis pushed ob at SF 45 for no gain (C.Johnson).
The left side did well enough to protect... AD was beaten inside by the LE to cause pressure, and Rachal did just enough to push the LDT away from the throwing QB

4th and 7 at SF 45 A.Lee punts 32 yards to OAK 23, Center-B.Jennings, downed by SF-R.Smith.
-----

1st and 10 at OAK 23 M.Bush left tackle to OAK 25 for 2 yards (R.Jean Francois).
RJF was very stout vs LG (with center giving push from his side), and he plugged the RB lane... RayMac held his ground vs RT and worked his way towards the run... Justin anchored well vs LT and stuck out an arm as RB came through

2nd and 8 at OAK 25 J.Campbell pass incomplete short left to L.Murphy (T.Mays).
no pressure coming until RJF stunts around to get 2 yards of the QB... incredible job by Mays to break in front of the WR as ball arrived, yet he couldn't quite make the INT (QB had 4 seconds to throw)

3rd and 8 at OAK 25 (Shotgun) J.Campbell pass short right to Z.Miller pushed ob at OAK 47 for 22 yards (W.James). Caught at OAK 26.
Haralson very quick from 3 pt stance... gets pushed beyond QB last second... Justin gets few yards of surge vs double team... RayMac stunts around Justin and gets great presure, but QB takes just enough steps forward to evade and get short pass off

1st and 10 at OAK 47 J.Campbell pass deep middle to Z.Miller to SF 27 for 26 yards (N.Clements). Penalty on SF-T.Spikes, Illegal Contact, declined. T.Mays tips in air and Z.Miller catches on way to the ground
RJF gets stoned by the LG, LT keeps Justin at bay... Sopo gets good push on RG... Manny kept away by RT... Mays wth leaping tip of the pass, but TE catches it anyway before Clements can get there.

1st and 10 at SF 27 J.Campbell scrambles right end pushed ob at SF 25 for 2 yards (R.Smith).
Franklin stoned by the OC... excellent push by Sopo before the HB wisely gives a shot to help stop his momentum... Justin kept away by the LT, but LG tries to help from behind and Raiders get away with a clear hold penalty... Manny get nice push on RT, and QB scrambles right. A fairly poor angle leaves Manny grasping air instead of jersey

2nd and 8 at SF 25 M.Bush left guard to SF 22 for 3 yards (T.Spikes).
Franklin goes right A gap, but the OC basically pancaked him in front of the RB... Justin anchors pretty well on LT and reaches in for RB as he comes through... Sopo get cut low by RT and the play is too far away when he recovered... Willis cut blocked by RG... LG misses block of TKO and he makes strong tackle to prevent bigger gain

3rd and 5 at SF 22 (Shotgun) J.Campbell pass incomplete short right to Z.Miller (P.Willis).
Good quickness from Brooks in 3 pt stance... would have beaten the RT inside for a sack had QB held the ball any longer.... RayMac gets some push on RG before his spin move was defeated... Justin was bear-hugged by the LG... LaBoy (3pt stance) quick around other edge, but ridden just out of QB reach... nice coverage, Willis

4th and 5 at SF 22 S.Janikowski 40 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-J.Condo, Holder-S.Lechler. 9 10
-----

1st and 10 at SF 20 F.Gore right end to OAK 16 for 64 yards (M.Huff).
Fantastic bull blocks from Baas and Rachal... good enough 2nd level block by Staley.. Iupati pulled then sealed the backside of rush lane... nice lead block Norris... AD blocked the LDT long enough to keep him from tackling Gore... same for VD on the LE.... Morgan also blocked the CB well..

1st and 10 at OAK 16 A.Dixon left guard for 16 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on SF-J.Staley, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at OAK 7. A.Dixon credited with 9-yard rush.
Rachal, Byham, and Baas did great job of creating big rush lane.. vision by big Dix to cut it outside once through... key 2nd level block by Staley, who I feel was unfairly flagged for the hold. (ticky-tack call)

1st and 11 at OAK 17 A.Smith pass short left to V.Davis for 17 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Caught at OAK 10.
nice PA and blocks here... the LE was released so that VD could drag across... Smith took the hit from LE to get a well timed and placed TD pass to VD, who picked up the last 10 yds with speed + toughness

-----

1st and 10 at OAK 29 J.Campbell sacked at OAK 25 for -4 yards (R.Jean Francois). FUMBLES (R.Jean Francois), recovered by OAK-M.Bush at OAK 25. M.Bush to OAK 25 for no gain (D.Evans).
RJF stunts around LT for the pressure and hit that causes QB to throw the poor, lateral pass... Haralson with free rush, gets cut by RB, gets up quickly to also get a piece of QB before the poor throw... RayMac contained well by a double team... Evans worked his way through to also get late pressure. Too bad no Niners converged in time to scoop that free ball up

2nd and 14 at OAK 25 J.Campbell pass incomplete short left to J.Higgins (S.Spencer).
RJF gets stoned by a double from OC and LG... same LG and then LT contained Evans... RayMac smacks the RT until RG contains him (with hands to the face)... Manny too easily halted by RT... very tight coverage by Spencer causes inc. pass to the sideline

3rd and 14 at OAK 25 (Shotgun) J.Campbell pass incomplete short left to M.Bush.
RayMac gets good initial push up front, but gets ripped down eventually... Brooks runs the arc, does a spin that gets stoned... Justin gets mauled and held by the LT (hard to imagine a no-call there).... lazy, 1 handed attempt for the short pass dropped... oncoming Niners would have smoked him anyway

4th and 14 at OAK 25 S.Lechler punts 57 yards to SF 18, Center-J.Condo. T.Ginn ran ob at SF 38 for 20 yards (S.Brown).
-----

1st and 10 at SF 38 F.Gore right tackle to SF 37 for -1 yards (R.McClain).
was looking promising, but neither a pulling Baas nor a leading Norris picked up the ILB slipping into the backfield.

2nd and 11 at SF 37 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short right to V.Davis [R.Seymour].
Rachal was beaten on outside shoulder by the LDT and pressure caused Alex to step up. Stepping up, helped allow RDT to hit him just before the ball came out. All blockers aside from Rachal did well enough

3rd and 11 at SF 37 (Shotgun) F.Gore up the middle to OAK 49 for 14 yards (M.Huff).
Iupati with short pull and effective block on LDT... Baas walls off RDT... Rachal with great 2nd level LB block to open the lane... good cut and AMAZING leg drive to get the 1st down as Huff tried his best

1st and 10 at OAK 49 F.Gore up the middle to OAK 48 for 1 yard (T.Kelly; L.Houston).
good pull from Iupati, who gets some push on LB... Baas with a standoff on RDT... Rachal another standoff, no push vs LDT... same for all... just not enough movement up front...

* playclock issues... just barely got the snap off
2nd and 9 at OAK 48 F.Gore right tackle to OAK 48 for no gain (T.Branch).
camera slow to get the snap

Timeout #1 by OAK at 03:30.

3rd and 9 at OAK 48 (Shotgun) F.Gore up the middle to OAK 47 for 1 yard (T.Branch).
VD let the RE get inside of him (untouched) to get an arm of Gore... Crabtree seemed unsure of whether to block CB or S... so the safety came in and tackled Gore...

Timeout #2 by OAK at 03:26.

4th and 8 at OAK 47 A.Lee punts 37 yards to OAK 10, Center-B.Jennings. N.Miller to OAK 13 for 3 yards (N.Bowman).
-----

1st and 10 at OAK 13 (Shotgun) J.Campbell pass short left to D.Heyward-Bey to OAK 20 for 7 yards (S.Spencer).
Haralson, RayMac, Justin, and LaBoy all do well in closing the QB pocket quickly... very nice closing tackle by Spencer

2nd and 3 at OAK 20 (Shotgun) J.Campbell pass incomplete short left to D.Heyward-Bey.
Not much pressure from RayMac up middle, nor the stunting Haralson and Justin... LaBoy quick running the arc on LT, but can't quite reach in and get QB... dropped by DHB with tight Spencer coverage

3rd and 3 at OAK 20 (Shotgun) J.Campbell pass short left intended for J.Ford INTERCEPTED by T.Spikes at OAK 25. T.Spikes to OAK 19 for 6 yards (Z.Miller). Ball bounces off Ford and intercepted by Spikes
Justin gets outside shoulder of LG for quick pressure... catchable, short pass bounces in and out of WR's arms and up to TKO. * I knew I liked Jacoby Ford for some reason, lolz.
-----

1st and 10 at OAK 19 F.Gore right tackle to OAK 17 for 2 yards (T.Branch).
hard, squirming yds for Gore, as there was little push up front

Timeout #2 by SF at 02:08.
2nd and 8 at OAK 17 F.Gore up the middle to OAK 11 for 6 yards (T.Kelly).
good blocks by Baas and Rachal to split open the hole b/w DTs... good efforts by Iupati to help on RDT and engage LB... Sopo at FB slams into the Staley block of LE, though not terribly effective... my recording skipped a second once Gore reached the LOS.

Timeout #3 by OAK at 02:03.
3rd and 2 at OAK 11 F.Gore left guard to OAK 8 for 3 yards (H.Eugene).
Staley walls off LE to help seal that side of the hole... IUpati flattens the RDT quickly... Baas slams into ILB to angle him away from hole... Sopo at FB throws key block on other ILB in the hole... AD and Davis have easy blocks away from rush lane... Rachal drives LDT back a couple yds...

1st and 8 at OAK 8 A.Smith kneels to OAK 9 for -1 yards.

2nd and 9 at OAK 9 A.Smith kneels to OAK 10 for -1 yards.

3rd and 10 at OAK 10 A.Smith kneels to OAK 11 for -1 yards.

End of Game
Share 49ersWebzone