LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

Isaac Sopoaga as our FB in the last drive

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Bill Walsh was the 1st to put a lineman at the fullback position. Guy McIntyre
was in that role in 84, then the bears copied it with Fridge perry in 85. Perry was more famous since he got a TD in the super bowl.

i was in chicago this week and heard ditka being interviewed about this on the radio...ditka said it was all in good fun, as he liked and respected walsh, but when he put the fridge in vs the packers he did it to"stick it to them"
It worked out a lot better than putting in Norris. In fact, Norris should not be anywhere close to the red zone.
We kind-of did this in hs. On the goal line

We had a dt at hb....

Handed the ball to the fb....

Dt would then smash the fb full force to push the pile forward...

It worked every time...

Our fbs...stopped asking for carries.....but it was effective
Whatever makes this team better. Go 9ers.
Now I fully agree Moran Norris has lost a step, and it's nice to see the Ice man in at fullback...did you see Moran Norris light it up on Gore's biggest run? Just saying, he's not a chump, they just use him in the wrong situations and it's obvious.

dude cant catch tho
Does anyone need more proof that Norris should be released? Hes slow and doesnt get any push anymore.
He plowed through. He liked it for sure. If it works, I am all for it.
Originally posted by wolfpack52:
Does anyone need more proof that Norris should be released? Hes slow and doesnt get any push anymore.

The problem with Norris isn't his skill set or abilities, but the predictability that occurs when he is in the game. He can't catch and doesn't run well in space, so his appearance on the field signals a run between the tackles.

He needs to be used like the Baltimore Ravens did in 2000; late situational football when running the clock down is required and goaline situations.
They had the fridge,

We got The Ice Machine, lol

I liked it ...Plus I wanna see more of Nate B as an H-Back and motion him into the backfield and used as a blocker, and I agree with an earlier post ...Moran Norris should not be on the field in the redzone, he has no hands and it will only tip off the defense we are running up the middle when he is on the field

The pop when he made the hit was very audible.
And anyone notice Joe Staley laughing his ass off after that play? I bet they were all impressed at how hard Soap hit that guy. lol.
Originally posted by 9r4lf:
it was awesome! dude rolled the LB

THAT WAS VICIOUS!
So I read this article, "Sapoaga Becomes A 2 Way Sensation" and from being at the game live after a few beers, it was hard to tell that they did this... especially since my seats were on the other side of the action. I did hear later that they did this, and I liked it. A comment under the article is from someone proposing to give Soap carries in the 5. I mean he did blast the opposition springing Gore for his 3 yard gain to seal the deal. He's the quickest DL off the line. Would you like to see him get some goal line carries?

I know Dixon is a threat to score at the goal line, but it would be nice to see Soap blast through and obliterate some other D Lineman.

[ Edited by zozell on Oct 18, 2010 at 10:29:27 ]
NO

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=147647
This thread should not f**king exist
Share 49ersWebzone