There are 311 users in the forums

Is this the start of a turn around?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by servegmo:
if you guys were expecting a blow out win, then you probably don't understand the mental side of the game...

this team was in a bad mental place, they were 0-5 and when that kind of failure ig magnified by the expectations, the players begin to question everything, the coaches, themselves, there is a lot of tension and everybody is on the edge, I bet today on the morning they weren't even sure they can beat the raiders...

today was a grinder a game that was ugly, rainy and one we could very easily lose on stupid mistakes or penalties, but we didn't and that just by itself should gives this team some confidence, we found the plays we need in crusialt times and pull this W off...

we just need to build from it and continue to grind if we put more win in a row this team can gain confidence and then we will start seeing impressive wins, but for now its small but very crucial steps in the right direction....

go niners

I totally agree with you. But for the team to have some impressive wins, Singletary is going to have to take his paws off this Offense, this is getting ridiculous.
one win at a time but its a good start. very sloppy game with all the penalties and our O-line getting killed on almost every play. our schedule is kinda favorable for a turn around but we need to get more production and our defense needs to shore up the pass defense.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
one win at a time but its a good start. very sloppy game with all the penalties and our O-line getting killed on almost every play. our schedule is kinda favorable for a turn around but we need to get more production and our defense needs to shore up the pass defense.

I think the pass defense did pretty well today...

And there's no excuse for them to not have another good game in pass D next week.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

I think the pass defense did pretty well today...

And there's no excuse for them to not have another good game in pass D next week.

they were burnt a few times that the raiders just missed the throw on.
It was a very ugly game and one that both teams should a little embarrassed to have played in.

However, the Niners had some very good performances against better teams this year and came away with losses. So I don't feel the least bit bad about winning this turd.
No. It was the Raiders with their backup QB. If they had their starting QB it would be a different story. Terrible coaching job once again. We won cause they are the Raiders and suck more than we do. I would love to be proven wrong though. Until we are back to .500 I will not get exited about the team.[/code]
3-5 at the bye and I'll start believing again.
Really?

[ Edited by SBinMT on Oct 18, 2010 at 04:00:28 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by MILFS:
No it's not the start of a turnaround. We have a billion problems on the offense.

THIS. We still have MAJOR issues on offense

I think it's safe to say the QB problem takes the back burner to our offensive line problem. Without a doubt. We could still have the worst o-line in the NFL. Maybe the Raiders they looked bad, too.

It's a combination of everything man.

Our o-line does look bad, but it's also due to the defense basically knowing whats coming each and every play, so they know where to key off on. Plus having a QB like Smith who is terrible under pressure means send the blitz and good things will happen.

If we had a competent QB and actual NFL quality game planning and play calling, I believe this line with this personnel (besides Chilo get him out please) would actually look much better.

Wait!? How many Qbs are good under pressure? I thought that was the whole point of getting pressure on QBs. Our line doesn't do a good job of picking it up either.

The second Smith senses anything maybe coming towards him, he scrambles to the right and throws it out of bounds. Real NFL QB's can keep their composure and make an accurate pass even when they are being hurried. How often do you see other QB's throw a deep accurate pass when they are about to get hit? A lot more often than Smith thats for sure. Smith usually throws a bullet to a receiver 4 yards away from him, resulting in tipped passes.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
Is this the start of a turn around?

It's a sign that we're just a little better than the Raiders.

Originally posted by backontop:
no huge mistakes(turn overs on the offense and giving up big plays on defense)
Actually scoring on offense
the defense finally settled down and played like they should

If they can eliminate the stupid ass penalties and actually go for a kill instead of going conservative with 4+ minutes in the 4th quarter then yes.

10/133 is a lot of yards given up.

Notice I don't count the Intentional Grounding penalty cause the Retards officiating the game were Huffing Paint Thinner before that play.

Hell even that flag on Goldson was pure rubbish. That Raider pushed one of our guys after the Whistle right in FRONT of the Ref who did NOTHING about it. Goldson was right to take offense to that crap and he only shoved the guy. Didn't hit him didn't start a fist fight. Ref shoulda thrown the flag in the first place and the retaliation would not have happened. The look on the Refs face said it all for me. He was looking to throw a flag on us imho. I swear the Refs look to throw flags on us more than any team in the league.

Think I'm crazy?

They had a total of 8/60 yards. We got hit for 11/143.

Look at last game Staley just ONCE tackled a guy and pancaked him. The Iggles did it to us all game long and not ONCE did they get called for it. The Refs set the tone of our games right off the bat and they look to toss yellow hankies at every opportunity. I'd like to put together a DVD of this nefarious bullshat from this season and send it into someone willing to show the league this shat cannot continue.

These Tools get paid a lot of money to Officiate games and they;re supposed to be Professionals as well. It's time they acted like it.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
if we win the next 2 going into the bye i'm in

I agree we need to see 3-5 at the bye week. Carolina next.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by MILFS:
No it's not the start of a turnaround. We have a billion problems on the offense.

THIS. We still have MAJOR issues on offense

I think it's safe to say the QB problem takes the back burner to our offensive line problem. Without a doubt. We could still have the worst o-line in the NFL. Maybe the Raiders they looked bad, too.

It's a combination of everything man.

Our o-line does look bad, but it's also due to the defense basically knowing whats coming each and every play, so they know where to key off on. Plus having a QB like Smith who is terrible under pressure means send the blitz and good things will happen.

If we had a competent QB and actual NFL quality game planning and play calling, I believe this line with this personnel (besides Chilo get him out please) would actually look much better.

Wait!? How many Qbs are good under pressure? I thought that was the whole point of getting pressure on QBs. Our line doesn't do a good job of picking it up either.

The second Smith senses anything maybe coming towards him, he scrambles to the right and throws it out of bounds. Real NFL QB's can keep their composure and make an accurate pass even when they are being hurried. How often do you see other QB's throw a deep accurate pass when they are about to get hit? A lot more often than Smith thats for sure. Smith usually throws a bullet to a receiver 4 yards away from him, resulting in tipped passes.

If he doesn't have anyone than where is he going to throw the ball too? He was getting pressured by the front 4 without blitzing. The thing he needs to really improve on is reading the blitz and throwing right into it instead of looking to the other side of the field.
Share 49ersWebzone