LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Joe Namath on Alex smith

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Alex Smith will be a third stringer, competing for a backup position after this season, if not out of the league. He is hot garbage.

he will be a starter on a team that uses his strengths to their advantage.

lol. OK, perhaps somebody can use JaMarcus's strengths too while were at it

Once again, typical pro Alex garbage.......according to them, bad QB's don't exist...there is only misuse

This statement is just ridiculous. Before you start taking shots, think about what you write. I'm not jocking Alex Smith, but to compare him to a drug addicted slob like JaMarcus Russel is just outright naive and stupid.
I've been saying all along, put this guy in an organization that isnt retarded and he'll be fine.

Too bad for him.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
who wouldnt want a #1 overall pick as a backup

Just look at David Carr. Backup for the Panthers, Giants and now, US!
Originally posted by GEEK:
Jags, Vikes, Hawks, Raiders, Colts, Cards, Boys, and Panthers would all take him in a heartbeat.

Bills, Browns, Chiefs, Bucs, Dolphins and Browns come to mind.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
"Alex Smith, I want to kiss you"

This is what I was looking for. But in all seriousness, Smith would be an all-pro in Denver right now.

Smith would be an All Pro for about 10 teams in this League. It's nonsensical the way the 9er fanbase has to be appeased by the QB when Football is a team sport and the team has been turning over the ball.

Shouldn't matter though cause Defense is playing like sh!t and now keeping us in a place where we can Win.

Defense allowed 14 points the last game.

Smith allowed 7. But if the Defense doesn't allow those 14 points that 7 wouldn't have even mattered. 3 Friggin TDs' SHOULD win you the game. Our fans are impossible to keep happy. That's the sad reality. Smith put up 300 and 3 TDs'. And some twit on Branch's blog said he hopes Smith gets benched this week.

My god people you seriously need to take a year off from being fans if 300 and 3 TDs' is not good enough for you.

I hope Smith gets past this and has a great career. Sadly I think that he should not be a 9er anymore though. Nobody should have to go through the crap that our fans put Smith through.

~Ceadder

I agree with everything you just said. the defense is giving up an average of over 20pts per game and yet Smith is the problem. Not to many teams win with a p***y defense that can't stop a team on 3rd and 15. Throw in the poor OLine performance and Gore's pitiful season so far and you have a QB who has to play catch up in every game he plays in.

Alex Smith will be a third stringer, competing for a backup position after this season, if not out of the league. He is hot garbage.

Once again, typical pro Alex garbage.......according to them, bad QB's don't exist...there is only misuse

Jamarcus doesn't have any strengths. He is a lazy fat slob. Smith has PROVEN!!! That he can be very successful in a spread offense. Smith will go to another team that will put him in a system that utilizes his strengths and all the haters will be wishing we re-signed him.

define successful. Did Alex win games in the NFL from the spread? Did he win championships? Surely he was voted into a Pro Bowl at some point right? What is proven success? A few meaningless Touch Downs???

All the Alex swingers should do us a favor and follow him to his next team, than they will really have the last laugh

You forget who our coaching staff is. They don't turn to the spread offense until the team is down at least 2-3 touchdowns. Open your eyes and remove the hater shades and you will clearly see that when the 49ers turn to the spread offense the team moves the ball and puts points on the board EASILY!!

All the Smith haters should do us a favor and take their non football knowledge to the Raiders, they will embrace you with open arms and a prison shank.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Jags, Vikes, Hawks, Raiders, Colts, Cards, Boys, and Panthers would all take him in a heartbeat.

Sure Steve DeBerg had a long NFL career, and a losing lifetime record! DeBerg was good even great at times, but he always managed to lose somehow week after week!
Steve DeBerg Stats Check it out he had a longer career than Montana! 1978-1998!
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by servegmo:
there is no dough he will get a nice contract, and there will be at least 15 team wanting for him to come and compete for a starting job...

last week he help himself in a big way reacting to adversity the way he did on ntaional television...

he made a lot of fans and that will be shown on the offseason...

go niners

Alex Smith choked. He got frazzled when he was booed and VD had to encourage him to speak up for his postion. He led two nice drives but when he had an opportunity to take the lead he missed a wide open Gore. Te next play was typical Alex. An interception and game over. He may have garnered some sympathy points, but he certainly did not demonstrate the leadership needed to succeed in this league.

Don't remember any choking in that final drive against NO. The line didn't have anything to do with that last interecption against Philly? With the fan base crashing down on his head and Singletary calling him out before a national audience (and his teammates strongly rallying for him) and under unbelievable pressure he leads two virtually perfect drives for TDs. I guarantee there are good NFL coaches who took notice of those games and would like to see what Smith could for them.

This is what I don't get. The line was ok on the play before when he could not make a simple pass to a wide open Gore that would have went for big yardage if not the TD. Hell, Smith could have even ran the damn ball for big yards as there was no one from the Phili on that side of the field. Instead, he misses Gore completely. In this game, if you do not take advantavge of your opportunities you have nothing to say on the next play when it results in an interception.
I see Alex being a backup with another team next season. He'll have a chance to start again in the future. I could see Alex with the Colts, Browns, Broncos, Chargers, and Dolphins. He's only 26! What if Gruden goes to the Browns and he signs Alex? Gruden has always thought highly of Alex Smith.
there is no dough he will get a nice contract, and there will be at least 15 team wanting for him to come and compete for a starting job...

last week he help himself in a big way reacting to adversity the way he did on ntaional television...

go niners

Alex Smith choked. He got frazzled when he was booed and VD had to encourage him to speak up for his postion. He led two nice drives but when he had an opportunity to take the lead he missed a wide open Gore. Te next play was typical Alex. An interception and game over. He may have garnered some sympathy points, but he certainly did not demonstrate the leadership needed to succeed in this league.

Don't remember any choking in that final drive against NO. The line didn't have anything to do with that last interecption against Philly? With the fan base crashing down on his head and Singletary calling him out before a national audience (and his teammates strongly rallying for him) and under unbelievable pressure he leads two virtually perfect drives for TDs. I guarantee there are good NFL coaches who took notice of those games and would like to see what Smith could for them.

This is what I don't get. The line was ok on the play before when he could not make a simple pass to a wide open Gore that would have went for big yardage if not the TD. Hell, Smith could have even ran the damn ball for big yards as there was no one from the Phili on that side of the field. Instead, he misses Gore completely. In this game, if you do not take advantavge of your opportunities you have nothing to say on the next play when it results in an interception.

do you Smith haters even watch the game? that pass was tipped! Yea the OLine really did their job on that play The last interception the line let the defenders free and Smith couldn't step into his throw as he was hit mid throw.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
Yeah. They grab him to do the team laundry. He's lame. Just accept it.

not as lame as this post.

He's lamer

wow a personal attack against LeftBankeNiner Attack the post not the poster man.

I was talking about Alex Smith.

alex scored more tds in 10 games last season than russel in his whole career
just saying

also he is amazing in 2 min drill
and when we run the spread we do amazing

go niners

do you Smith haters even watch the game? that pass was tipped! Yea the OLine really did their job on that play The last interception the line let the defenders free and Smith couldn't step into his throw as he was hit mid throw.

I have actually been anticipating that you would say something stupd to me for a while and you just did. Pleasure to meet you my friend.

I have heard it all now. It was the DEFENSE'S FAULT WHY ALEX DID NOT MAKE THE PLAY WHICH WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE 49ERS THE LEAD? The defense is not paid to just sit there and let the offense make plays. He did what he was supposed to by batting a poorly thrown ball down. Alex did not by throwing a poorly thrown ball. The OL did their job as Alex had no preasure on that play.

A real QB would have made THAT play! Some would have moved to the left, others to the right and a few even backwards to loft the ball to a WIDE-OPEN GORE WHO HAD NOTHING BUT OPEN FIELD. Vick may have ran the ball in himself. But Alex did not make THE most important play of the game. He did not and what happens when you don't make plays? It normally comes back to bite you. Next play; Alex get preasure; throws an intercepton and game over.

Nothing else matters. All that reaction to the drama prior to that play meant nothing as the end result was what caused the drama from the begining. Another damn turnover.

[ Edited by ttime1 on Oct 15, 2010 at 17:54:05 ]
If Alex was released today he wouldn't make it past waivers (that's for sure).

At best he's a 3-star relief pitcher encase the starter has to run to the bathroom and take a s**t during the first quarter.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
If Alex was released today he wouldn't make it past waivers (that's for sure).

At best he's a 3-star relief pitcher encase the starter has to run to the bathroom and take a s**t during the first quarter.

And........... i want a QB not a backup. im so tired of the excuses. hell i even made them myself. this time i cannot. unless he finishes the season with 10 or less pick or i dont believe that he has changed.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Dude looks great in a dress.
Share 49ersWebzone