There are 267 users in the forums

What will our first win do for us?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i will be able to get a rock solid boner with my girl
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
I don't know what it will do for the team, but the more important pressing need at this point is whether or not you got through to Coach Sing about your solution for turning the season around.

Eliminating turnovers, I can't BELIEVE no one had thought about that!

Seriously.

Seriously?

I was agreeing with you.

Originally posted by Jabuke:
I'll be pretty disappointed when we win because I know it will be meaningless. I'd probably feel better if we lost since that would lead to drastic changes.

Very negative but at the same time understandable.

make us awesome
it will give our guys hope where we will then continue to win sporadically here and there. but just enough where we don't end up .500 and we don't end up with a top 5 pick either therefore losing out on Jake Locker or Andrew Luck.
it will give our guys hope where we will then continue to win sporadically here and there. but just enough where we don't end up .500 and we don't end up with a top 5 pick either therefore losing out on Jake Locker or Andrew Luck. ugh. it's getting to the point where i now have to find an afc team to root for
We're not going to have a first win in the 2010 season.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Alex's supporters will climb out of the woodwork and reclaim him as Montana reincarnate. Then you'll see numeorus posts claiming, "where are the haters now ?" and "Alex has arrived".

Of course, 2 weeks from now....when Alex stinks it up again, the majority will crawl back under their hole, with the few remaining (Ceadder, Memphis, GB) citing, "it was the receivers/ol/st/coach's fault".

And the wheels on Alex's bus go round and round, round and round, round and round....

Here's a thought for you, if you can wrap your narrow little mind around it...win as a team, lose as a team. You have no room to criticize anyone when you maintain the view that the QB is the only problem with this team, it just shows you as either ignorant of reality, stubborn to the point of ridicule, or just a plain old run of the mill troll.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: although QB is not the only issue with this team, it's the single most important. You can whine about the defense all you want, or blame Nate Clements or Frank Gore or Delanie Walker for fumbling, but despite all of those issues, a better QB would have won us 2-3 games so far this year. The two blowouts to Seattle and KC would probably still remain because those were truly out of hand, but better QB play wins at least 2, maybe all 3 of the remaining games. The sad part is most fans (including those of every other team) see this, there's just a bunch that refuse to remove their Homer goggles.

Keep in mind that our defense is allowing an average over 20pts per game. It is pretty hard for any NFL team to win when a defense is allowing the opposing offense to score at will. If it were not for the defense we would be 3-2

New England, New Orleans, Philadelphia, and Indy's defenses are all allowing 20+ points per game. They sure arent having any trouble winning with their porous defenses.....

well, we've given up 27 more points than the closest of those teams (PHI has given up 103 and we've given up 130). Those teams, besides NE, who had a bye last week, are each only 1 game above .500, and none of them lead their division. I'm not saying you're wrong, because their offenses have all scored right around 100 points, or a lot more, and we've only scored 76, but its not like they're giving up 20 points a game and absolutely dominating, so I wouldn't go as far as saying that they're "not having trouble winning."

Better examples would be the Cardinals, Texans, and Jaguars, who have each given up more points than us and are each 3-2. The Texans have a good offense but I don't think anyone is scared of Jax or Ari right now.

Anyway, you're right that the "20 points a game" argument is not a good enough excuse. Others teams give up more points and find ways to win. But to imply that it doesn't matter if a defense gives up that many PPG is false. Its difficult to win consistently in the NFL with a porous D, as the records of all those teams reflects. I don't think all of those teams will remain above .500 for long playing like that.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
0-5 or 1-5
Same s**t. Bottom line is we will still be in last place underachieving like he'll and that in itself represents a complete waste of a year
  • Brew
  • Veteran
0-5 or 1-5
Same s**t. Bottom line is we will still be in last place underachieving like he'll and that in itself represents a complete waste of a year

• Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by valrod33:
we will go from 0-5 to 1-5

And just that much further from drafting Andrew Luck.

And start the whole QB savior at 1st overall lol.
Originally posted by valrod33:
we will go from 0-5 to 1-5
Our players know that if we hold on to the rock we have a chance to win. Our downfall have been turnovers and if we can simply cut down on them we would of won each and every game. 4 or 5 turnovers a game will simply not cut it. But winning our first game will give us confidence moving forward we just gotta stop shooting ourselves in the foot.
We make mediocre Qbs look like HoFers....Jason Campbell come on down! Anyway, our first win will probably come against the Panthers.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
We make mediocre Qbs look like HoFers....Jason Campbell come on down! Anyway, our first win will probably come against the Panthers.

Seems like every QB we play turns into a 3rd and long converting machine. I hate to say it, but I expect Campbell will probably do the same.
Share 49ersWebzone