LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Is Season Officially Lost If We Lose To Oakland?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
Im optimistic, very optimistic but if we lose to the raiders there is probably no chance whatsoever to make the playoffs
I work in Oakland. So if we lose this game, I will get $hit for the whole year
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
This season was over before it started.
Where did my poll go?

There are several good reasons to not merge Polls with Threads:

1) The Poll information is lost.

2) Some folks don't like to make threads or write their opinions because of all the quick-to-flame know-it-all's here. Polls are a way for everyone to put their two cents in without having their intelligence, football knowledge or fan-dom attacked or ridiculed.

3) Thread comments don't always give an accurate representation of how the majority of people are feeling at that time. The regular threads reflect the feelings/opinion of those who comment. How many times have you looked at a poll and been surprised at the results?

4) A typical thread will wander over many different topics/questions, but polls keep the question and answers on the main subject.

5) If a poll is worth merging, it's also worth leaving as a poll so everyone can get their two cents in. The results give a more accurate determination of the consensus of opinions on the zone.

Please reconsider the merging of polls with threads.
Originally posted by Jabuke:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Hollywood:
Thread starter, this is not directed at you but i'm wondering why so many people keep marking the London game against Denver as a win. Not just a win, but I keep seeing people comment as if the Niners don't even have to show up. Kyle Orton's numbers are better than Brees. He's top 3 in most statistical categories. Brandon Lloyd is leading all receivers. They will have Knownshon Moreno back by then. It's marked as a home game, but it's over sea's, so it's a ROAD game. And we suck on the road. I realize Denver is not a powerhouse, but at 0-5, and seeing how this game is not being played at the stick, I consider Denver to be heavily favored. Especially since our secondary is so weak and the complete lack of a pass rush. I thought this team could go 10-6 if they could steal either the NOL or ATL game. They failed to do so. Not only that, they lost to Seattle and Philly. At this point. I think we lose the Denver game, the Green Bay game and either one AZ or STL game. I know we have owned the Cards in the past, but they always play us tough regardless. And lets face it, St Louis gives us fits no matter how bad they suck when we play them in St Louis. Bradford is out playing Smith. I just don't see us finishing better than 9-7. 8-8 if we are lucky.

Bradford - 1159 Yards 56.7%COMP 6TD's 8INT's, sacked 11 times. QB rating 66.5
Smith - 1229 Yards 62.1%COMP 6TD's 9INT's, sacked 10 times. QB rating 71.6

Although Bradford will definitely be the better NFL QB no doubt.

You know a better stat?

Bradford=2 wins
Smith=0

Who has the better team around them?

I'm not gonna get sucked in to this but he said Bradford has outplayed Smith and Smith has better #'s. That's it.

Like I said the only thing that matters to me is wins and losses.

Fair enough, then Trent Dilfers year where the Ravens won the Superbowl, he outplayed any of Dan Marinos seasons, yes?

Didn't outplay Marino, but outplayed everyone they played. Go ahead and ask Marino whether he'd rather have a ring instead of good stats.

Here is a fine example of a thread going off subject and turning into a QB thread.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
I love when people look ahead......

We need to quit worrying about the playoffs and live in the present

Presently we are 0-5

We need to beat the Raiders first and then go from there....

Don't worry about 2 weeks from now or 3 weeks from now

You guys kill me sometimes

Thank you.

Right. One game at a time.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Thread starter, this is not directed at you but i'm wondering why so many people keep marking the London game against Denver as a win. Not just a win, but I keep seeing people comment as if the Niners don't even have to show up. Kyle Orton's numbers are better than Brees. He's top 3 in most statistical categories. Brandon Lloyd is leading all receivers. They will have Knownshon Moreno back by then. It's marked as a home game, but it's over sea's, so it's a ROAD game. And we suck on the road. I realize Denver is not a powerhouse, but at 0-5, and seeing how this game is not being played at the stick, I consider Denver to be heavily favored. Especially since our secondary is so weak and the complete lack of a pass rush. I thought this team could go 10-6 if they could steal either the NOL or ATL game. They failed to do so. Not only that, they lost to Seattle and Philly. At this point. I think we lose the Denver game, the Green Bay game and either one AZ or STL game. I know we have owned the Cards in the past, but they always play us tough regardless. And lets face it, St Louis gives us fits no matter how bad they suck when we play them in St Louis. Bradford is out playing Smith. I just don't see us finishing better than 9-7. 8-8 if we are lucky.

You know a better stat?

Bradford=2 wins
Smith=0

I'm not gonna get sucked in to this but he said Bradford has outplayed Smith and Smith has better #'s. That's it.

Fair enough, then Trent Dilfers year where the Ravens won the Superbowl, he outplayed any of Dan Marinos seasons, yes?

Didn't outplay Marino, but outplayed everyone they played. Go ahead and ask Marino whether he'd rather have a ring instead of good stats.

So any time a team loses it always 100% of the time means the QB was outplayed by the other teams QB? So what about the Chargers and Raiders game this last Sunday? Rivers was 'outplayed' by Gradkowski/Campbell? Interesting.
Originally posted by BHulman:

Presently we are 0-5

Thank you.

What does it matter? We're fans, not players. You guys are acting like looking ahead will affect the team. We're not the ones playing the games, it doesn't matter.
Originally posted by BHulman:

Presently we are 0-5

Thank you.

What does it matter? We're fans, not players. You guys are acting like looking ahead will affect the team. We're not the ones playing the games, it doesn't matter.
THAT

You know a better stat?

Bradford=2 wins
Smith=0

So any time a team loses it always 100% of the time means the QB was outplayed by the other teams QB? So what about the Chargers and Raiders game this last Sunday? Rivers was 'outplayed' by Gradkowski/Campbell? Interesting.

The QB is the leader of the team. In terms of the game, if the QB leads their team to victory, then they outplayed the other team; the other team (led by their own QB), was outplayed.

If you're the leader, you take the blame and you take the credit. So yes, you could say that.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

I see what you are saying and techinically I’m wrong, you are right. But I was looking at it like this. Smith has commited more turnovers and is winless. Whereas all the categories Smith has the lead on…it’s a very very small lead.

Bradford Turnovers (INT’s and Fumbles) = 8 Int’s 0 Fumbles
Smith Turnovers = 9 Int’s 3 Fumbles

Total Turnovers, Smith has a total of 12 to Bradfords 8

Smith has a far better supporting cast. The Rams do not have any stand out WR’s or TE’s. We have Davis, Crabtree has moments, and I’d take Josh Morgan over all of the Ram’s receivers minus Mark Clayton who is now out. I

Bradford has won games, and done less to sabotage his team, unlike Smith who is working on maintaining his reputation as a turnover machine and doing so quite well I might add. Bradford doesn’t have a Vernon Davis who can run over or run by guys on a seam pattern for long touchdowns.

But I get what you are saying. Overall, Smith does technically have better stats by a very very small margin. It’s sad that its’ even close considering 1. Smith is in his 6th season. And 2, has a much better supporting cast. People keep making excuses for Smith.
Not to turn this into a Smith thread, it just baffles me how people can make excuses for Smith, yet all these other QB’s come in and perform respectably in their first season. Matt Ryan, Mark Sanchez, Drew Brees, Philip Rivers, Stafford, Palmer, I could go on and on. Now Bradford. Max Hall will probably be next to have a rookie season that surpasses Alex Smith's first 4 seasons in the league like so many others. I know you are not saying otherwise, I just needed to vent, lol.

No doubt Bradford will be the better NFL player for sure, I do think Bradford looks good, but was surprised at his numbers? For all the people ready to suck him off, I thought they would have been a little better. Im guessing when they add more weapons his numbers will improve for sure.
This season is officially lost already, we don't need a loss to the lowly Raiders to prove it. Although, based on records, if we beat the Raiders this Sunday if would make MORE sense for the Raiders to complain about losing to the lowly 49ers.

I'm torn. On one hand I want Alex to figure it out, but on the other I want Singletary gone.
  • Mr-G
  • Veteran
It's sad we have to hope everyone else loses so we have a chance at a comeback.
our season has been over,sorry
Share 49ersWebzone