There are 178 users in the forums

Change at QB WILL FIX EVERYTHING?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Change at QB WILL FIX EVERYTHING?

Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
we to start fresh at the QB position...!

Yeah but not during the season. We don't have an upgrade on the roster. If there is anyone I would want to see play its Nate Davis and Singletarys dumb ass has him on the PS.

i 100% agree... if we lose the next game, we def have to start thinking about putting another QB in and it should be Davis.

just because nick cannon didn't know how to read musical notes but he sure knew how to beat that drum!!!
Originally posted by jones49:
we to start fresh at the QB position...!

Yeah but not during the season. We don't have an upgrade on the roster. If there is anyone I would want to see play its Nate Davis and Singletarys dumb ass has him on the PS.

i 100% agree... if we lose the next game, we def have to start thinking about putting another QB in and it should be Davis.

just because nick cannon didn't know how to read musical notes but he sure knew how to beat that drum!!!

Yep. Playing Carr will do nothing for us now, and more so, nothing for us for the future, On the other hand if Nate somehow plays well, we might have at least a solid #2 for the future. I think he has some intangibles that they may not see day to day in practice. Unfortunately Sing would never recognize that but if a player is not 100% dedicated to his slave driving coaching mentality, he will throw the player to the side.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Alex Smith for David Carr.....No.

Alex Smith for Luck, Locker, Mallet or Stanzi......Yes....or maybe.

Well heres the answer to this post. Brett Favre hall of famer equally if not more talented team than the 9ers, ONE win. Tony Romo more talented team ONE win. No the QB is not the only problem for this team or the other two teams i mentioned.
Joe Montana in his prime couldnt win with this team. The coaching is some of the worst I ever saw. Look at all the media attention Sing is getting. When was the last time an OC was fired this early into the season? The defense is under achieving. A HC change will do the team better then a QB change. I would also like to see Troy Smith before Davis
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
And please understand..

It doesnt matter who we pick up. This poll is strictly to agree or disagree that If the QB is changed, that every other facet of our team will improve, to where we should be.

And that means on offense, defense, and special teams, will improve in general, just because a change at QB was made

Im just curious that how many believe it when they say it, or how many are followers and just agree to have a buddy on their side.

Please be honest. And please pick yes or no, then comment if youd like.

And please dont put in any comments, i picked yes, cuz it wont change everything, but help a lot. Cuz thats not what im asking. Choose a side:)

Your post is an obvious attempt to give A. Smith some arguing points.

Your question makes no sense. The answer is always NO. If you change any teams' QB not everything will be fixed. Of course a QB change won't fix EVERYTHING. No team is perfect, not even super champions. Each have their weaknesses.

But, those championship teams have stellar QB's who can make up for the rest of the teams mishaps.

Look, I know you an Ceadder love A. Smith and think if he was on the Colts, Packers, Saints, Raiders, and Texans he would be a pro-bowler. But its time for the excuses to stop. 4 interceptions are Crabtree's fault? WTF are you talking about.

Your Pro-Smith arguments are on their last legs and this post is a desperate attempt to give you some points.

So to answe your question, No, adding Manning or Ryan Leaf to the Niners won't fix everything. There will always be some issue on our team, its the NFL!

Wow, just wow brotha. First off i've never posted with you before so should be fun. The funniest part is that at the end of the post, u still answered my question, and said NO. Then the cop out part is every one has an issue. Thats true, but I dont see u post too often so maybe you come out every once in a while too. The perfect example of a team is the Vikes. The had adrian, we got gore, they feel bringin in a HOF QB for one more year would work, they are 1-3, then u got Romo, who a lot like, but say sumthins just wrong. He's proven and they are 1-3. I'm a niner fan first and Smith second.

I ask you adult men a question and u dont understand. I can ask a 2nd grader at my school and they'll just choose. And about CRabs, and and anything else u talked about above. Ur gettin me confused with Ceaddar. See in TRYING to make a point, u adressin the wrong dude with posts from another guy. So that just shows me that u dont even know the half of whats goin on.

Just like with a roof. If you say hey, fix my roof, and the house will improve. But if you have a f**ked up foundation, the roof will be new, but the house still falling apart.

ONce again, when u can get out of the Smith realm and actually say something to me that makes sense. NOt go on a rant, then above all, answer the same question i asked to begin with. Which is where u could of left it. But nah, it's ok. you need a little love unknown guy.

I responded to ya, there u go. But please get the right poster tho when trying to make a point.

I never addressed the wrong poster. I was talking to YOU AND CEADER. Read my post again thoroughly before you counter with false statements. You are clearly trying to slam my credibility off the bat instead of arguing against my points.

Then, you slam my credibility even further by stating that "I must only post every once in awhile." So posing a lot makes you more GODLY in niner talk? I hate posters who try to use the number of posts to establish football credibility.

Finally I see why you slam my argument. You have no points. You stated "The perfect example of a team is the Vikes. The had adrian, we got gore, they feel bringin in a HOF QB for one more year would work, they are 1-3, then u got Romo, who a lot like, but say sumthins just wrong. He's proven and they are 1-3."
What does that even mean? Do you have a point for this paragraph or were you just "rambling," as you accused me of. If you organize thoughts in your head, they come out on paper more clearly.

I wasn't rambling in my response. I pointed out that your question is flawed because it demands a "NO" answer. In the legal world, the question is "leading" you to answer a certain way. You are leading people to say"NO" most likely because you were one of the many who believed in Smith and were proven wrong. Now, you want to show people that its not just the QB, but the team also needs more change. Yet, you never identify what other aspects of the team need change, you imply that QB is not the only issue. No s**t its not the only issue. But it is a GLARING weakness and a key position which is the FOUNDATION of all NFL teams.

Your poll is flawed because no matter what you replace "QB" with in your question, the answer will be No. Watch carefully:

Change of ownership fix everything? NO
Change of stadiums fix everything? NO
Change at OC will fix everything? NO
Change at WR will fix everything? NO

See, you can replace the "QB" portion of your question and the answer will always be NO. No change will ever FIX EVERYTHING.

You're roof analogy is worse then your grammar. If you have a leaky roof you DO need to fix it for the house to improve. If you have a f**ked up foundation then you DO need a new foundation. QB is like the foundation of the team and we need a better one, not just a change at one.
Thank you Davis was lost in preseason. The guy has talent but is trying to get along solely on it. He didnt put the needed time in last offseason and it showed he did not improve from last year. If he were to get serious then possibly he could be a decent QB. but till then no way. The entire NFL proved where he is at every week when no team claims him off of the practice squad. How long do you think Smith would last if he were moved to the practice squad or waved?
Can you get any more desperate to make a poll?
I will say unequivocally, everything about our offense depends on our o-line. We have all the talent we need in the other positions on offense, once the line comes together, we will be dominate on offense, and our skilled defense will have the morale to finish games strong.
And please understand..

It doesnt matter who we pick up. This poll is strictly to agree or disagree that If the QB is changed, that every other facet of our team will improve, to where we should be.

And that means on offense, defense, and special teams, will improve in general, just because a change at QB was made

Im just curious that how many believe it when they say it, or how many are followers and just agree to have a buddy on their side.

And please dont put in any comments, i picked yes, cuz it wont change everything, but help a lot. Cuz thats not what im asking. Choose a side:)

Your question makes no sense. The answer is always NO. If you change any teams' QB not everything will be fixed. Of course a QB change won't fix EVERYTHING. No team is perfect, not even super champions. Each have their weaknesses.

But, those championship teams have stellar QB's who can make up for the rest of the teams mishaps.

Look, I know you an Ceadder love A. Smith and think if he was on the Colts, Packers, Saints, Raiders, and Texans he would be a pro-bowler. But its time for the excuses to stop. 4 interceptions are Crabtree's fault? WTF are you talking about.

Your Pro-Smith arguments are on their last legs and this post is a desperate attempt to give you some points.

So to answe your question, No, adding Manning or Ryan Leaf to the Niners won't fix everything. There will always be some issue on our team, its the NFL!

Wow, just wow brotha. First off i've never posted with you before so should be fun. The funniest part is that at the end of the post, u still answered my question, and said NO. Then the cop out part is every one has an issue. Thats true, but I dont see u post too often so maybe you come out every once in a while too. The perfect example of a team is the Vikes. The had adrian, we got gore, they feel bringin in a HOF QB for one more year would work, they are 1-3, then u got Romo, who a lot like, but say sumthins just wrong. He's proven and they are 1-3. I'm a niner fan first and Smith second.

I ask you adult men a question and u dont understand. I can ask a 2nd grader at my school and they'll just choose. And about CRabs, and and anything else u talked about above. Ur gettin me confused with Ceaddar. See in TRYING to make a point, u adressin the wrong dude with posts from another guy. So that just shows me that u dont even know the half of whats goin on.

Just like with a roof. If you say hey, fix my roof, and the house will improve. But if you have a f**ked up foundation, the roof will be new, but the house still falling apart.

ONce again, when u can get out of the Smith realm and actually say something to me that makes sense. NOt go on a rant, then above all, answer the same question i asked to begin with. Which is where u could of left it. But nah, it's ok. you need a little love unknown guy.

I responded to ya, there u go. But please get the right poster tho when trying to make a point.

I never addressed the wrong poster. I was talking to YOU AND CEADER. Read my post again thoroughly before you counter with false statements. You are clearly trying to slam my credibility off the bat instead of arguing against my points.

Then, you slam my credibility even further by stating that "I must only post every once in awhile." So posing a lot makes you more GODLY in niner talk? I hate posters who try to use the number of posts to establish football credibility.

Finally I see why you slam my argument. You have no points. You stated "The perfect example of a team is the Vikes. The had adrian, we got gore, they feel bringin in a HOF QB for one more year would work, they are 1-3, then u got Romo, who a lot like, but say sumthins just wrong. He's proven and they are 1-3."
What does that even mean? Do you have a point for this paragraph or were you just "rambling," as you accused me of. If you organize thoughts in your head, they come out on paper more clearly.

I wasn't rambling in my response. I pointed out that your question is flawed because it demands a "NO" answer. In the legal world, the question is "leading" you to answer a certain way. You are leading people to say"NO" most likely because you were one of the many who believed in Smith and were proven wrong. Now, you want to show people that its not just the QB, but the team also needs more change. Yet, you never identify what other aspects of the team need change, you imply that QB is not the only issue. No s**t its not the only issue. But it is a GLARING weakness and a key position which is the FOUNDATION of all NFL teams.

Your poll is flawed because no matter what you replace "QB" with in your question, the answer will be No. Watch carefully:

See, you can replace the "QB" portion of your question and the answer will always be NO. No change will ever FIX EVERYTHING.

You're roof analogy is worse then your grammar. If you have a leaky roof you DO need to fix it for the house to improve. If you have a f**ked up foundation then you DO need a new foundation. QB is like the foundation of the team and we need a better one, not just a change at one.

The QB IS NOT the foundation of a team. The O-line and D-Line are. The QB is something that brings the house together (like the Dude's rug). But it's not going to be worth all that much without a solid foundation.

Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
4 Ints because of Tree(seems to have worked itself out)
5 Fumbles because of Gore.
1 Fumble due to Walker.
1 Fumble from Clements.

That's 8 turnovers left 4 of which are DEFINITELY on Smith.

So Smith has 4 definite to his credit.

So changing QB is really going to fix a big part of the problem? Don't make me laugh.

~Ceadder

Beautiful, you should be a lawyer.

• B650
  • Veteran
Change at QB will fix everything if it's someone like Drew Brees, otherwise it won't do much. We have a bunch of glaring issues that need to be addressed, along with the QB position. For example, Chilo Rachal...he needs to benched. Westbrook, why is he on this team? Josh Morgan...we need to replace him with a speed-type WR. All Morgan knows how to do is block. He's a good #3 or #4 WR, not a #2. Right now, we have no better alternatives to Alex Smith unfortunately, but hopefully all these issues are addressed in the offseason.
We don't have a better option at QB thanks to Singletary's simplistic view to how important a QB is in his offense. Singletary rarely appears to have a plan B.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
And please understand..

The QB IS NOT the foundation of a team. The O-line and D-Line are. The QB is something that brings the house together (like the Dude's rug). But it's not going to be worth all that much without a solid foundation.

Yeah young to Rice, maybe u can read the bold. The QB is not the foundation brotha. And i have played and coached football. Cuz if u have a suck ass QB, if your team rallies and play to their strengths then the foundation is still strong. Ala, Pittsburg Steelers. Im not gonna insult you brotha. But do me a favor, if and when u write back, why not try to do it, with out always bringin in Smith. And ur just like the selective people in here. Maybe u should join Shaj and ZRF. See i dont hang from Smiths sack like a lot on here. the poll was to answer a question, then write why u think soo. But u cant even follow simple directions.

Do i like the kid of course, cuz it's who we drafted. But if he was gone, id still be a niners fan. My thing wit u is, move on from that Smith thing. And besides the o-line and D line. I think it starts with the front office as being the foundation, because if you have the right boss in place, then he knows how to hire the right HC, then the QB, and so on and so forth. So ur just looking silly brotha.

And your really desperate, now im making people say no. Wow, thanks i didnt know i had that much power over grown men and women in the zone. I guess in voting too, I sent them all an email and told them what to vote.

Just do yourself a favor young guy, and just let it go, cuz the more u write, the more u make yourself look very stupid. The men in here chose their decision, and most understand the question fine, it's those that wanna b***h about this or that, that cant answer a simple question.

U said NO, so just answer and move the hell on please, cuz the more u talk, the more i see u dont know too much about football.

And by the way 400 people have voted, and we have 10 pages worth of comments on the matter. So what ur saying is everyone that voted, didnt understand a yes or no question. They had no problem answering anything. And the vote is 78% no, and 22% yes. Seems pretty easy to analyze to me.

[ Edited by Jersey9er on Oct 15, 2010 at 06:49:02 ]
Originally posted by Gavintech:
And please understand..

That's exactly the kind of thinking that got us here. Aww you don't need a quarterback we'll spend 3 1st rounders and 2 2nd rounders on the offensive line have a fericious defense and just beat people to death.

What's that 30th in rushing right now. So much for that.

It's not a coincedence that the best QB won the division in all but 2 divisions last year.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Oct 15, 2010 at 07:21:01 ]
Share 49ersWebzone