There are 55 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rumors swirl that Jed is the rat (Article)

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Even if he's right, I will no longer listen to Kawakami.

He was on KNBR the other night talking to Ralph and Tom and he slipped. He actually stopped and APPOLOGIZED for saying something positive about the Giants. Ralph called him on it and it made TK writing pretty damn clear. He feels he HAS to write something negative and it actually makes him UNCOMFORTABLE to say something positive.

I'd give someone credit for trying to be objective and not drink the cool-aid, but objectivity does not equal "write negative because sayign something positive gives me the heebee-jeebees".

The guy is a hack.

Marv! I was listening to the same segment. As soon as they said Kawakami was coming on... I was like "aw hell... what does this negative writing muhfuka got to say now" and sure as shiet... He solidified my view of him as a pure hater. Cannot stand him... and still wont give his articles the time of day. What a POS.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Billwalshjr:
"In addition to all his other roles with the organization, Marathe also assists coach Mike Singletary with rule interpretations and replay challenges from the coaches' booth on game days."

That is funny! This thread is....
Wow really do I need to clarify myself??? Ok children have a seat.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvS_yZp7B0DbLJhtYcuYQiA5nYcB?slug=jc-directsnap091410

According to multiple sources familiar with the circumstances, the real problem has been more than a year in the making and became more significant following changes the 49ers made within the coaching staff this offseason.

In Singletary’s first full season last year, offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye, one of the more respected veteran coaches in the league, was calling plays from the coach’s box upstairs. Raye would call plays down to offensive assistant Jason Michael, who would then send the play into the quarterback. That system worked effectively even at times when Raye struggled to find exactly the right play or say it exactly the right way.

“It seems like Jimmy calls plays from memory a lot of the time and not exactly the way it’s written down,” said one of the aforementioned sources, adding that the plays often get garbled. “He knows the plays and he knows the right thing to call, but he’s fumbling through his papers and it’s like, ‘Hey, we need to get a play called.’ ”

"As a result, several players went to Singletary this offseason to complain about Raye and the overall situation."

In Cole's story..he begins by relaying what happened last year in the booth. He then transitions to this past offseason. The tweet from our favorite CSN'R was in Sept of this year.

Understand the progression???? Paraag was in the booth last year. Which coincides with the timeline of Cole's story.

Class dismissed
In Cole's story..he begins by relaying what happened last year in the booth. He then transitions to this past offseason. The tweet from our favorite CSN'R was in Sept of this year.

Understand the progression???? Paraag was in the booth last year. Which coincides with the timeline of Cole's story.

Class dismissed

Right. And the play calling problem wasn't an issue last season.

It was this season.

When Marathe wasn't in the booth.

Also, why would Paraag Marathe leak information about the team? He holds the Executive Vice President of Football & Business Operations title for a reason.
Come on Red..do I really need to break this down??? READ the Cole story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvS_yZp7B0DbLJhtYcuYQiA5nYcB?slug=jc-directsnap091410

Raye would call plays down to offensive assistant Jason Michael, who would then send the play into the quarterback.

It wasn't an issue because Jason Michael was the go between as opposed to the start of this season when Mike Johnson was.

Paraag was only an observer in the booth last year. It's relatively easy to decipher.. if the only thing that changed from (a play calling point of view) was the assertion of Mike Johnson in the relaying of calls..then you tell me what the root of the communication issue was???

I don't believe (Paraag) leaked the information to undermine the coaching staff, but to bring about discussion as to the problems as a means of solving the issue .

[ Edited by Billwalshjr on Oct 14, 2010 at 10:53:53 ]
Come on Red..do I really need to break this down??? READ the Cole story.

Raye would call plays down to offensive assistant Jason Michael, who would then send the play into the quarterback.

It wasn't an issue because Jason Michael was the go between as opposed to the start of this season when Mike Johnson was.

Paraag was only an observer in the booth last year. It's relatively easy to decipher.. if the only thing that changed from (a play calling point of view) was the assertion of Mike Johnson in the relaying of calls..then you tell me what the root of the communication issue was???

I don't believe (Paraag) leaked the information to undermine the coaching staff, but to bring about discussion as to the problems as a means of solving the issue .

That is quite a reach.

Your hypothesis is Marathe leaked the play calling issues to the media to solve the issue?

In what world do you live in?

If Marathe thought the team had issues getting plays in, don't you think he would have gone to Jed York? Mike Singletary? Jimmy Raye himself?

Going outside of the organization to fix the problem only complicates his own existence as the Executive Vice President of Football & Business Operations.
Seriously?? Are you that bored man?? Do you even work in Business?

Someone leaked a story to Cole. Said someone had direct knowledge of Raye's past behavior in the booth. Cole's story continues to cite issues in the offseason that were glaring enough players voiced their opinions.

Meaning that going into this season there were known communication issues of Raye ignoring input from players and coaches (if neede I can link)..including the relaying of calls and more then likely the calls themselves.

Sing addressed these concerns by injecting Mike johnson as the inbewteen between raye and Alex. This in turn backfired..since Johnson hadn't worked directly with Raye's play calling manner before and was evident in the first game.

Management along with all of us zoners could see the issues clearly, but Jed had given autonomy to Sing - in relation to his coaches and roster.

My assumption at this point was managment felt the need to speak out in an indirect manner as a shot towards Sing. If he made the necessary changes and turned the season around they could say they supported him. If he continued to make coahing errors..they could continue to use this conduit to Cole as a way to "leaking" information.
My assumption at this point was managment felt the need to speak out in an indirect manner as a shot towards Sing.

The basis for your hypothesis is a personal assumption based off unnamed sources.

If you can't see the absurdity in the above, this exchange isn't going anywhere.
The OP posed the question..is Kawakami alluding that Jed is the rat?

I disagreed. I feel it's Praag. I stated my reason. Citing examples in Cole's articles. Then surmised I felt management's intent was to send a message to Sing as well as the fan base.

In case you haven't noticed this forum is entirely made up of the opinons of fans. Sprinkle in therumors from reporters and the sound bites/tweets from players.

So the fact you're questioning the absurdity of my interaction to your takes..is really quite funny. Go outside and have a smoke lol
Can't stnad the guy but YES!
LOL this I gotta read...

Is Jed York Singletary's "Rat?"
I sure hope that's not how he would handle it.
Originally posted by zozell:
LOL this I gotta read...

Is Jed York Singletary's "Rat?"

Dad-gum
Its all just speculation.
If true, (which I don't think it is) Jed is about the only person Singletary can't say crap to.