LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

If Singletary is gone after this season, are we giving up on him too fast?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Sing is a cool and good dude but we cannot win with his ass as our Head Coach. I hope he gets fired and we FINALLY get someone to come in and run this b***h like a real oragnization. Gm, coach, both, whatever doesn't matter just let someone come in and get this s**t together.
I think he needs to get sh*t canned and replace by John Gruden at seasons end. The fact that he doesn't understand the X's and O's of the game is just not a good thing. You put Grudan at HC with the talent that we have, and this team finally gets thier haeds out of thier ass!
  • dugo
  • Veteran
The thing about Singletary that bothers me is he is to dam prideful.He doesn't adapt to game time situations very well. He doesn't adapt period. He's is stuck on the smash mouth style of football and doesn't have the right personal for it, but continues to force it on the team and his OC. A good head coach IMO utilizes what he has as he develops confidence and transforms his team into his vision.(As an example see Bill Walsh) This season He has so far created no confidence only chaos and I think he's lost the players in his concept...It's a shame cause I do like Singletary but so far he's shown only his lack of knowledge and pride.....I'm not giving up on him cause he's the HC of my beloved 49ers but I'm tired of seeing them so under coached....
Originally posted by dugo:
The thing about Singletary that bothers me is he is to dam prideful.He doesn't adapt to game time situations very well. He doesn't adapt period. He's is stuck on the smash mouth style of football and doesn't have the right personal for it, but continues to force it on the team and his OC. A good head coach IMO utilizes what he has as he develops confidence and transforms his team into his vision.(As an example see Bill Walsh) This season He has so far created no confidence only chaos and I think he's lost the players in his concept...It's a shame cause I do like Singletary but so far he's shown only his lack of knowledge and pride.....I'm not giving up on him cause he's the HC of my beloved 49ers but I'm tired of seeing them so under coached....

One of the questions that has to be asked about Singletary: will he out game plan and make game adjustments better than the coach on the other sideline? I think Singletary has shown us the answer is no. I have no faith that he can do a better job than Tom Cable or anyone else we will face. He may be willing to play with 10 men but what the Niner's need is that 12th man (the coach who wins the crucial battle of game-planning and adjustments consistently) more than anything else right now.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by dugo:

One of the questions that has to be asked about Singletary: will he out game plan and make game adjustments better than the coach on the other sideline? I think Singletary has shown us the answer is no. I have no faith that he can do a better job than Tom Cable or anyone else we will face. He may be willing to play with 10 men but what the Niner's need is that 12th man (the coach who wins the crucial battle of game-planning and adjustments consistently) more than anything else right now.

I totally agree...Sometimes it seems as there is no game plan entering into a game and any on field adjustments either on defense or offense are non existent.I know we've all cried about how predictable the 9ers are and that falls straight on Singletary..It's just so dam frustrating watching a fairly talented team that we have get so totally out coached and causes the team to get out played...
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
singletary is his own worst enemy and it doesn't look like he'll see that anytime soon.

yup. He especially pissed me off when he said "I talked to Johnson during the week and spoke to him about the importance of running the ball."

like motherf**ker?!? Why the f**k did we fire Raye then if its gonna be the same s**t you stupid stupid man.

Sing can't keep his hands out of the damn offense! He is the ONLY reason why we are 0-5. His damn weak smashmouth football does nothing but take the offense out of a rythm.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
singletary is his own worst enemy and it doesn't look like he'll see that anytime soon.

yup. He especially pissed me off when he said "I talked to Johnson during the week and spoke to him about the importance of running the ball."

like motherf**ker?!? Why the f**k did we fire Raye then if its gonna be the same s**t you stupid stupid man.

I wish someone would talk to Singletary about the importance of moving the ball so we can actaully out-score the other team.
No and it is a shame that we have to stick with him to the end of the season. What a waste of time , this season is done. Jed needs to step up and handle this situation, if there is a coach out there that is not currently coaching (Gruden, Mooch, etc) get him NOW, make the move and we will be a half season further along. If there is a coach that is out there under contract with another team, college or pro, (Harbaugh, the next josh mcdaniels,etc) well then it gets a little tricky, but DO SOMETHING! The more this franchise wastes time with this head coach, the more this franchise wastes time with this headcoach.

I was kinda stoked when we got him as coach, at least the players will play for this guy 'cause they sure weren't playing for Nolan, I thought, this might be great I hoped. But fast forward to the present and the shiny veneer, the new car smell, its all gone and we find our selves with a coach that actually believes that you can win with will alone in today's NFL. This core belief which has shown itself to be the trunk of his coaching philosophy tree ain't gonna cut it, pure and simple. Its about strategy, and I think like alot of us thought that this talk of smashmouth, force of will, run it down their throats was part of a strategy....nope, that was it, no strategy needed, done...next question....

So does anyone think from hearing singletary talk that he will change his core philosophy? Keep it close with a ball control running attack and have a defense that keeps opponents under 17 points, that about sums it up. Oh wait no, this just in, singletary has changed it, he just wants to do whatever it takes to make this team win, but damn what to do? Singletray-"Well....technically if we (paste and copy conservative 25 year old playbook here) it should work, and it shows that I don't waiver in my beliefs, perfect."

And something that doesn't even have to do with his coaching philosphy that bothers me is the way he treats his players. This was completely unexpected and was the one thing I thought he would excel at. But why does he call some of his players in public, when he is supposedly all about keeping it in house and within the family? This is a frightening inconsistency, and shows me that he is not sure of how to handle his players evidenced by the Michael Lewis Fiasco. This will and may have already lead to him losing his players, only a matter of time.

Basically. Singletary is a sergeant while the niners need a general.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Sing is a cool and good dude but we cannot win with his ass as our Head Coach. I hope he gets fired and we FINALLY get someone to come in and run this b***h like a real oragnization. Gm, coach, both, whatever doesn't matter just let someone come in and get this s**t together.
Well it's easy to give up on any coach at 0-5.

• dmatt
  • Veteran
I feel like we might be throwing away a gem.

You are wrong.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
He will be a good coach one day.

Why do you think that? He needs to be an assistant, and then a coordinator for a LONG time before he might have a shot. He knows nothing about strategy, and he lets his emotions get to him. He started to berate Smith because the crowd was boo'ing and Sing once again got too emotional.

At this point, he is the worst coach in the NFL. Honestly. If we lose to Oakland he needs to get canned.
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

Real coaches play chess, mike can't even play checkers!

Yeah, because in checkers you have to know how to jump over your opponent. The only way Mike knows is to try to run through his opponents!
Bang Cartoon thinks he is great.

Link
He's out coached every game. His lack of knowledge of the offense game is a major problem. For someone that preaches discipline his team has trouble getting to the line of scrimmage and how many times in the last two years has he called a timeout on the first series of the game. This on the job training must stop. The only motivation for the current ownership is the new stadium. They must have a marketable product in order to go forward with the project. That's the only reason they'll pay for a competent coach.
Share 49ersWebzone