LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 336 users in the forums

If Singletary is gone after this season, are we giving up on him too fast?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Singletary will be back next season I just have the feeling that ownership really likes him and really holding on to the rock has been our problem which is the players fault. Without so many turnovers we would of won each and every game and I think starting this week things are gonna change.

Singletary better not be back next season, give me good coaching over consistent bad coaching
No Singletary is going to be the fall guy for the poor upper management, Anyway, I felt we should have tried to get Gruden as head coach and get D. Green as the offensive coordinator.

Sing has had his chance. We can't go on being un prepared going into games. An X and O coach with an offensisve mind would be ideal.
lol no. Absolutely not. The man simply does not know Xs and Os.
no
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I don't see anything different from him since he took over. He is either too stupid or stubborn to adapt to his surroundings. For that reason I don't think he will progress as a head coach. After he is canned here, he would have to work his way back up, no one is giving him an HC job except a college program, where his motivational speaking would have value recruiting.
i like Sing.. and I like Alex Smith.. i just think Sing is doing the wrong by trying to run all the time. we should go to the spread and let sing be himself and alex be himself and not to pressure Gore so much.. if that happens it be alot better..
Originally posted by kazak13:
i like Sing.. and I like Alex Smith.. i just think Sing is doing the wrong by trying to run all the time. we should go to the spread and let sing be himself and alex be himself and not to pressure Gore so much.. if that happens it be alot better..

But that begs the question - why does he keep insisting on doing wrong? There are many things to like about Singletary (though I think he has shown definite chinks in his character armor this season) But I no longer believe he is a viable head coach in the NFL.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

Do you like them as people? I don't think you could like the results they have produced.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

They seem like nice people they just happen to suck at their professions.
i like Sing's toughness.. i dont know why he keeps doing what he does.. it doesnt make sense.. alex smith cannot play in this offence.. he seems so much natural in the spread.. i think when he plays one full season in the spread, then we can judge him.. yeah its been 6 years but he shows flashes of greatness. if sing wants to have this type of an offence he needs a different qb. it seems like the last 4 - 5 seasons have been a waste.. u cant grow a potato from tomatoe seeds.. so dont..

He will be a good coach.

At Baylor.

He is not ready to coach in the pros, nor do I think he ever will be. He does not have the right teperament to be an NFL coach.
Originally posted by zozell:
I think he has the IT that alot of successful coaches never have... with proper experience and learning the actual "coaching" and "football" stuff, I think he has the potential to be a winning coach. Just sucks that we are going to be used as a stepping stone.

The reality is, don't know if he will blossom, and if he does, how long will it take? We just can't wait around for that. We've been waiting too damn long.

I couldn't disagree more with that statement.

Primarily for one simple fact: Singletay is stupid. And I don't mean that in a schoolyard taunting sense either. I mean that literally. His every action, spoken word, etc. screams out the fact.

I have read where posters are claiming that EVERYONE was excited by his hiring. NOT TRUE. There were many of us who spoke out against his hiring but were overwhelmingly supressed. The results were/are predictable . . . always have been.

His successes have been ephemeral and deceptive. But only to those who lack any insight at all. That is also the reason why I agree with the poster who said: he will be back. The team will eke out a few wins and ownership will lose grasp of the underlying truth; the York's never had the insight to see it in the first place.

So NO, we're not giving up on him too fast. Because I also agree with the posters who see him as an extension of the Nolan regime. That's obvious. Except a dumber version. Nolan, at least was able to land top level high profile coaching/player talent. Singletary cannot. Too stupid. Too lost. At this time the 49ers are bad move for someone with other options. This needs to change, but probably won't.
Goodness, folks, how can some of you all still stick with a guy who doesn't know Xs and Os, nor does he even understand their importance, or he would have learned them by now. Put him on Sean Paytons staff for a week and he'd be fired. And that is the coach you want to stick with? Wow, what in the world does it take...a meaningless win over the Raiders, who as of this morning Las Vegas had us as 3:1 dogs at HOME. C'mon guys.

Gentelemen, this isn't rocket science, it is just bad, horrocious coaching, pure and simple.
Not at all. Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting different results? Our coach is insane...

... What the f**k did i just hear?
Share 49ersWebzone