Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Haralson Cut
Norris Cut

Caulkrick elevated to 53 man roster
Merriman Signed

Haralson who provided lots of pressure against Philly and Marriman who has played a total of 16 games and registered 4 sacks since 2007..... wow.... just wow

So Haralson does his job in one game and now he's better than Merriman? "wow.... just wow" is right.

Let's see....

Merriman since 2007: 33 of 53 games played (ie 40% injury loss) 16.5 sacks 112 total tackles.... 4.5 sacks since 2008.

Haralson same period: 53 of 53 games played, 17.5 sacks, 141 total tacles.....15 sacks since 2008.

Did you maybe want to think before you spoke? I'd take an average player on the field vs a superstar on the sidelines any day.

[ Edited by Mookster on Oct 14, 2010 at 21:56:34 ]
If we lose horribly, I say cut Smith and start looking at what options we have at QB. I would like to see Nate get an actual game to show his stuff, but it is highly unlikely since he is on the practice squad...

Other splashes? I could see them switching the OL a little bit (i.e. bench chilo, heitmann back at center, sit Davis for a game or two) or possibly changing around the DBs. The only real roster splash that is really possible is QB, but Sing seems to really have a thing against Nate, so I highly doubt that happens.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by kray28:
Cutting Alex Smith and elevating Nate Davis.

Smith will be benched and cut soon.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Its gonna happen this season, just keep watching.

Nate Davis will not be called up from the practice squad unless 1 of our QB's goes down with a season ending injury.

He will be after Alex is cut.

If Nate Davis is soooo great, then why is he on our practice squad? Why was he not plucked by the other 31 teams? Simple answer is, BECAUSE HE SUCKS!!! Alex Smith will be the starter for the rest of the season. Whether he is here next year is completely up to him.

Nate Davis is on the practice squad because our team is run by a buffoon. Said buffoon also contributed to the 31 other teams not plucking him off the practice squad because they were led to believe he's incapable of playing and has a horrible work ethic, neither of which I believe, especially after seeing and hearing some of the ridiculous crap that has come from the buffoon's mouth this year.

Preseason or not, Nate Davis has shown more promise than all 31 of the other teams' 3rd string QBs so there's no way some of the other teams wouldn't consider plucking him off our practice squad to at least sit on their bench if our coach hadn't bashed him publicly and instilled doubt in their minds.

As the season grows shorter there may be a team out there with no hope that will decide to put him on their roster just so they can check him out themselves because they don't like their own third choice.

P.S. I agree with the use of Buffoon as it relates to his understanding about offenses. The Buffoon has an overly simplistic , stuborn and conservative idea about offense that will continue to make it hard to attract a good OC. And then look at the Buffoon's plan B at QB , he doesn't appear to have one. In his view the QB is just one of 11 guys on offense
If it is, I hope it sets a spark.
Haralson Cut
Norris Cut

Merriman Signed

Haralson who provided lots of pressure against Philly and Marriman who has played a total of 16 games and registered 4 sacks since 2007..... wow.... just wow

Haralson is easily the worst LB on our team and the worst started on our defense
Haralson Cut
Norris Cut

Merriman Signed

So Haralson does his job in one game and now he's better than Merriman? "wow.... just wow" is right.

Let's see....

Merriman since 2007: 33 of 53 games played (ie 40% injury loss) 16.5 sacks 112 total tackles.... 4.5 sacks since 2008.

Haralson same period: 53 of 53 games played, 17.5 sacks, 141 total tacles.....15 sacks since 2008.

Did you maybe want to think before you spoke? I'd take an average player on the field vs a superstar on the sidelines any day.

Are you REALLY saying Haralson is better than Shawn Merriman?

Merriman has 43.5 sacks 231 tackles in 60 games
Haralson has 17.5 sacks 145 tackles in 60 games
/Argument
Harys Paralsons stats
Shawne Merriman stats

[ Edited by CrAnKD4TCRabTree on Oct 16, 2010 at 08:00:04 ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN

Practice today started before CB Tramaine Brock cleared waivers. They needed Jehuu Caulcrick to practice today.

mattbarrows

Mystery solved: Team needed Caulcrick for today's practice, and Brock did not pass waivers by the time practice started.

END THREAD

Maybe someday the coaches will understand how the practice squad... you know...WORKS!!!
Haralson Cut
Norris Cut

Merriman Signed

Let's see....

/Argument
Harys Paralsons stats
Shawne Merriman stats

These guys just knocked each other out Step Brothers style. lol. They both suck now.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Cutting Alex Smith and elevating Nate Davis.

Smith will be benched and cut soon.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Its gonna happen this season, just keep watching.

for who though thats what you dont get carr doesnt help us at all over smith. and troy smith is a big ? never getting serious pt yet. so please who would we put out there. if carr is a go our season is really gone. not saying its not at 0-5 but we realistically have a chance so carr would ruin it more than smith.
Haralson Cut
Norris Cut

Merriman Signed

Let's see....

/Argument
Harys Paralsons stats
Shawne Merriman stats

tell you what..... I'll bet you a million dollars Haralson's stats this week are better than Merriman's.... oh wait... Merriman in on IR AGAIN!

As I stated before, I'll take an average player who is on the field over a superstar on the sidelines any day. last 3 years Merriman has played 17 games..... Smell's like Jonas Jennings all over again.

[ Edited by Mookster on Oct 16, 2010 at 19:32:27 ]

Man, I don't know about all that. If anything was a bet, I would say that bringing up Nate would be the only thing that may happen and its a long shot
Haralson Cut
Norris Cut

Merriman Signed

Let's see....

/Argument
Harys Paralsons stats
Shawne Merriman stats

This league is all about what have you done for me lately. According to your argument Merriman is much better because of his overall statistics. His career stats clearly are much better than Haralson, but he racked up the majority of his stats a 3-5 years ago while on steroids. The last few years he has fallen off the map and been virtually non existent. So, perhaps we should cut Crabtree and bring Jerry Rice back from retirement because his stats blow away Crabtrees and any other wr that has ever played in this league. Now I'm not saying Haralson is easily better than Merriman, but he obviously has been more productive the last couple years and Merriman hasn't really shown any signs of regaining his "lights out" form. Basically I'm just trying to say that you don't make a very good argument of who is currently better when you compare their statistics over their careers. In all honesty I think they are both garbage and neither one should be starting on an NFL team. Merriman does have more potential since we've seen him show greatness before, but again it hasn't and it doesn't look like he will ever return to being that dominant force that he once was. In saying all that, I would still take the often injured merriman over haralson bc imo haralson is that bad and you know exactly what you'll get from him.
How the hell is Jason Hill still on the team???

did they forget he was still around?

don't get me wrong, I'm a Jason Hill fan...and I hope he gets some playing time.... but I'm surprised he is still here....with Ginn back and Williams on the roster as well.
Share 49ersWebzone