There are 195 users in the forums

Is an upcoming roster splash pending?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont understand the Davis love did anyone actually watch those games? When he got a chance with the second team he was totally lost. He made one hale mary pass against third string players and he's the next coming.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Izyniner:
I dont understand the Davis love did anyone actually watch those games? When he got a chance with the second team he was totally lost. He made one hale mary pass against third string players and he's the next coming.

Its not the love for Davis, its more of a disgust for Smith.

This video is what sold most zoners on Nate Davis

Watch the mechanics, ball placement, velocity, etc...you be the judge.

[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 13, 2010 at 17:42:11 ]
yes but people on here keep loving Davis they dont realize after he runs the three plays he knows it would be uglier than the smith and pony show.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
So this morning we resigned Jehuu Cualcrick to the Practice Squad, waiving Tramaine Brock, but Maiocco just tweeted that we informed Brock that we plan on re-signing him to the practice squad.

This would seem to signify one thing, an upcoming change to our active roster... here are my guesses as to some internal moves to be made.

1) Releasing Moran Norris and activating Caulcrick. This seems like such an obvious move. If so, this should have been done weeks ago as Norris simply doesn't have it anymore.

2) Activating Nate Davis. Now this move makes a ton of sense due to all the fire Smith has faced from the fanbase as of lately. Being a fan favorite player, they may do this simply because it's a popular move in dire times or he is being evaluated by another team and we want to keep him. If this is the case I would expect either...

a) releasing Troy Smith

or

b) trading David Carr to a qb thin team like the Browns or Jaguars (this would be an incredible and very logical move to make as we could likely nab a 7th rounder for a player that is no long term solution and clearly doens't have the confidence of the players or coaching staff. Not to mention he may be a bit upset over how the situation was handled last game.

Discuss....

The bolded makes the most sense to me. When he's in, it's normally a run. On top of that, he gives it away with a huge forward lean. Unless he's a special teams guru (which he is not), he needs a handshake and a farewell speech.

This I agree with
yes but people on here keep loving Davis they dont realize after he runs the three plays he knows it would be uglier than the smith and pony show.

three plays? Whoa is he putting in over-time? He learned a new play let's start him now! Alex Smif is da suxors!
Originally posted by kingairta:
Stick the season out with Alex. The team won't do any better without him. Let him showcase his so called wares so he can get a decent contract with another team as a back up.

Anything short of the Super bowl Sing and Alex are gone.

While I respect your feelings on this issue very much -- it is comments like this that just ASTOUND ME to no end.

"The team won't do any better without him (Alex)."

Let's think about that one for a minute. You know this because? You saw the one chance they gave him (Nate Davis) to play in preseason? You're going to base that statement on the ONE appearance that Nate made in ONE preseason game?

Or -- are you basing it on something else? Something from last preseason perhaps when he was setting the field on fire? Yes -- I know. He was doing that against training camp scrubs who didn't survive on cutdown day. I know as much.

Still -- he did it.

Perhaps then -- your comment is based upon Dingleberry's assessment that "Nate doesn't know the playbook?" And -- after what you've seen from five games from Dingleberry -- you're going to buy that line?

Really?

The season is LOST, Ladies and Germs. It is OVER. We might win this weekend. We might not. But this team isn't going to storm out of the cellar and take over the NFC West race.

Knowing this much -- that the season is lost -- why not give the kid named Davis at least ONE chance? We've given Alex Smith FIVE YEARS.

Why are you -- and others -- so opposed to giving Nate Davis ONE GAME?

[ Edited by billbird2111 on Oct 13, 2010 at 18:15:28 ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Stick the season out with Alex. The team won't do any better without him. Let him showcase his so called wares so he can get a decent contract with another team as a back up.

While I respect your feelings on this issue very much -- it is comments like this that just ASTOUND ME to no end.

Let's think about that one for a minute. You know this because? You saw the one chance they gave him (Nate Davis) to play in preseason? You're going to base that statement on the ONE appearance that Nate made in ONE preseason game?

Or -- are you basing it on something else? Something from last preseason perhaps when he was setting the field on fire? Yes -- I know. He was doing that against training camp scrubs who didn't survive on cutdown day. I know as much.

Still -- he did it.

Perhaps then -- your comment is based upon Dingleberry's assessment that "Nate doesn't know the playbook?" And -- after what you've seen from five games from Dingleberry -- you're going to buy that line?

Really?

The season is LOST, Ladies and Germs. It is OVER. We might win this weekend. We might not. But this team isn't going to storm out of the cellar and take over the NFC West race.

Knowing this much -- that the season is lost -- why not give the kid named Davis at least ONE chance? We've given Alex Smith FIVE YEARS.

Well we lose to the raiders and you might get your wish. Esp if DHB has a better game than Crabs
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Still -- he did it.

Really?

Well we lose to the raiders and you might get your wish. Esp if DHB has a better game than Crabs

meh, my wish is for the 49ers to be a winning team again.

I doubt I'll see that this year -- no matter who starts at QB.

Secretly? I bet most of the players know this to be true. They're not gonna say it publicly of course -- because that sends an image of quitting and nobody likes quitters.

Still -- you can see it in the play of some of our stars.

We lose this weekend and fall to 0-6? Then they'll really start quitting.

Still -- he did it.

Really?

because Nate Davis isn't even on the active Roster. Why are you so worried about giving a practice squad player the team? Carr and Troy Smith>>>>>> Nate Davis will ever be.

Originally posted by PS14:
Maybe we will lure Steve Deberg out of retirement, he is only 56

How strange...that is also his career passer rating.
Didn't we just sign Spillman off the waivers? That's probably why we waived brock.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by kray28:
Cutting Alex Smith and elevating Nate Davis.

Smith will be benched and cut soon.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Its gonna happen this season, just keep watching.

Nate Davis will not be called up from the practice squad unless 1 of our QB's goes down with a season ending injury.

Just break Alex's leg
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by stormman:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by kray28:
Cutting Alex Smith and elevating Nate Davis.

Smith will be benched and cut soon.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Its gonna happen this season, just keep watching.

Nate Davis will not be called up from the practice squad unless 1 of our QB's goes down with a season ending injury.

Just break Alex's leg

Tanya Harding style.
Tanya Harding style.

World's worst neighbor. I'm not kidding. My wife and I settled down into a fire sale priced suburban bungalow that had zero issues, aside from the jacked up pickup next door...
Share 49ersWebzone