There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

which niner d do you prefer? ill take this years

Last year our run d was great but our pass d was not so great but this year our run d is good not great and our pass d is very good. Our cbs and safetys arent giving up much. Atl nada the last drive was not good but the whole game we kicked their wrs. Same with saints nothing. Seattle nothing throuh the air. Kc wasnt doing anything except for a trick play and a great pass against bowman in good coverage.
Bottom line our d would be top 5 in points if not for our offense turning the ball over what 15 times most of which is either when we are in scoring range or on our own end where the opposing offense has to go less than 20 to 30 yards..
See every game so far.
For all of you who think willis hasnt done much see two sacks great pressures a stop to save our ass at the goalline against atl and pass breakups against phi
lollerpops
That 1994 D was sick. But I'll take 1989...

this is the pinnacle of blind optimism
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'll go with this years defense, at least we're generating sacks and pressure early. The only problem IMO is Goldson, I'd switch Reggie Smith for Goldson. Mays is gonna make mistakes but we gotta give him some room to grow. I'd say draft another Safety possibly in the 3rd-7th rounds and let Goldson walk.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Almost... But I'll still take 1989..

Originally posted by kidash:

Hell yeah, one of the most underrated defenses ever. Overshadowed by the offense. Pro Bowlers at almost every position.

Almost... But I'll still take 1989..

me too. every day, forever.
1984 All the way, that defense almost went undefeated! It was built like a brick s**t-house with Lott and Wright at CB (both in their fullest-prime), Carlton Williamson at SS, Dwight Hicks at FS, and HACKSAW MOTHERf**kING REYNOLDS!!!

That D had 5 Pro Bowl starters that year. Repeat, 5 PRO BOWL STARTERS.
Originally posted by sacniner:

Hell yeah, one of the most underrated defenses ever. Overshadowed by the offense. Pro Bowlers at almost every position.

Secondaries: Tim McDonald, Merton Hanks, Deion Sanders were all Pro Bowlers (Eric Davis should have gone in that year as well).

LB: Ken Norton, Lee Woodall, Plummer...

Line: BY, Stubby Brown and Jackson...

Secondaries: Tim McDonald, Merton Hanks, Deion Sanders were all Pro Bowlers (Eric Davis should have gone in that year as well).

Holy s*it... that team was STACKED with talent. That D and one of the most potent offenses ever. I took that year for granted.
Wait, are people serious picking this years Defense?

Ah...hah....ahah.. Funny joke...

Wait.

They're serious.
Originally posted by Method:
Wait, are people serious picking this years Defense?

Ah...hah....ahah.. Funny joke...

Wait.

They're serious.

Yeah I want the number of their dealers so i can smoke the sh!t they got.

Last year we were the 4th ranked scoring defense in the NFL. We gave up yards but we didnt yield many points. This year we are ranked around 30th and the only thing we do well is not give up the deep ball. All that tells me is that we are playing safe and not taking many chances.

Holy s*it... that team was STACKED with talent. That D and one of the most potent offenses ever. I took that year for granted.

that's why we killed the chargettes

And this is the pinnacle of ignorance.