There are 164 users in the forums

Source: Singletary will have to win 1-2 playoff games to keep job

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dugo
  • Veteran
If we got to the playoffs and won a few it would mean Singletary started to grow and become a decent HC...I just don't see it happening. This season Singletary looks completely overwhelmed ,by the media,players that have quit on him, in each game he's out coached, you name it he looks lost at it.The good news is that if he get's fired The team is pretty talented and just needs someone to bring them together and COACH them well..
Let's win a game first

[ Edited by zeppfan1 on Oct 16, 2010 at 12:17:08 ]
Good. He's a f**king terrible coach. I don't think he knows how to make in-game adjustments. I'll be happy to see him go. WE HAVE TALENT and plenty of it! Shore up the secondary, figure out if Alex is THE guy, and get a new coach. Playoffs 2011.
Say what you want about Sing and about York, there's no way Jed is Mike's "rat" as some have suggested, or that he's been telling people that Sing is gone at the end of the year, as others have suggested. It would just be an owner shooting himself in the foot. He may want to move on from Sing but he's not going to tell people, he'll just kep saying "mike's our coach" like he always does. He certainly won't add to the media pressure on the team by trash talking jimmy Raye after the seattle game (we were 0-1 after that game, so there's really no reason even if he wants to get rid of everyone at 0-5 that he would have been the source for the infamous yahoo article). Not to mention he picked the coach. its his guy. He likely got rid of Scotty Mac after a power struggle and doubled down on Sing in order to what? turn on him after 1 game (or even 5)....The whole line of reasoning is flawed.

Jed has tied himself to mike who's tied himself to Alex....If it keeps going like this, Jed will need to fire everyone, take a step back from the organization, and hire a proven GM or HC to be the unquestioned person with a final say on everything, a la washington redskins.
  • Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Keep this on topic, or it'll be a lock. There's a thread in NFL Talk for coaching options.
If/when he does get fired, I believe there will be some HC looking to come here. They will see that talent that this team has and will have a vision of what to do with it. Singletary's only vision is to run the ball over and over and over and over and over and over and over..............
I think if the team beats the Radas, Sing's job is safe for a few weeks at least.

If not, how can York not fire him? No coach with this team and that record would be around this long already, especially when the coach's methods are....unusual and widely criticized. Laughed at, actually.

As for Sing becoming a college coach...no way. Maybe high school where motivational coaches still reign because the kids have no alternative.
I dunno man, but somebody writing for Letterman knew something long before we did!!!

[ Edited by Eduardo75 on Oct 17, 2010 at 05:03:25 ]
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
I dunno man, but somebody writing for Letterman knew something long before we did!!!

Lmao

This morning's edition of USA Today's radio fantasy show concluded that "SF is turning into a clown factory and Mike Singletary is the head clown."

te job and purpose of a HC in the NFL is too motivate players and get them to play hard every single down. Sing has done that
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
te job and purpose of a HC in the NFL is too motivate players and get them to play hard every single down. Sing has done that

The HCs job is also to put his players in the best position to succeed. Singletary hasn't done that
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Singletary is trying to run a powerful run-oriented Offense without a dominant Oline or a great Defense, and a spread/shotgun QB. He is incompetent.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by seeking6th:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by ninerfan42:
Other teams are having no problem figuring how to stop the niners. This is due to Singletary's stagnant philosophy. This will only change with a change at head coach. Singletary is too set in his ways. I love the guy, but he is a motivational speaker, not a head coach.

The front office feels that nobody on the coaching staff can step in and turn the team around. I concur.

So who do we get? Here is my list of possibilities, in no particular order:

Jack Del Rio
John Gruden
John Fox

Personally, I prefer Chucky, and the other two are currently employed. What are your thoughts?

not del rio

chucky, if he'd even bother...

maybe fox, but not too thrilling.

i'm down with billick, but not cowher.

Billick

you don't like his hair

atleast billick knows offense. singletary doesnt know offense or defense

Could have fooled me watching his offense in Baltimore. Other than Jamal Lewis they were horrible.

but now he gets to go to school (nfl network) and learn a wee bit, plus he also took that no-offense team to the superbowl and won. albeit he had a great defense.

it's the hair, huh?

he was actually a good OC but i dont know why it didnt work in baltimore. maybe the ravens personnel on offense was just hella ugly. we have pieces.

that offense was offensive, but he managed to make them decent. jamal pounded the rock, dilfer just managed the game and DID NOT lose the game for them, giving the defense a chance to win it for them (which they did plenty of times)

if billick had a VD and Crab to go with jamal lewis, that offense would've been better.

i bet he'd do a much better job than what we're stuck with now.

Billick had Shannon Sharpe there right? Although I can't remember their WR's
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by ninerfan42:
Other teams are having no problem figuring how to stop the niners. This is due to Singletary's stagnant philosophy. This will only change with a change at head coach. Singletary is too set in his ways. I love the guy, but he is a motivational speaker, not a head coach.

The front office feels that nobody on the coaching staff can step in and turn the team around. I concur.

So who do we get? Here is my list of possibilities, in no particular order:

Jack Del Rio
John Gruden
John Fox

Personally, I prefer Chucky, and the other two are currently employed. What are your thoughts?

not del rio

chucky, if he'd even bother...

maybe fox, but not too thrilling.

i'm down with billick, but not cowher.

Billick

you don't like his hair

atleast billick knows offense. singletary doesnt know offense or defense

Could have fooled me watching his offense in Baltimore. Other than Jamal Lewis they were horrible.

but now he gets to go to school (nfl network) and learn a wee bit, plus he also took that no-offense team to the superbowl and won. albeit he had a great defense.

it's the hair, huh?

he was actually a good OC but i dont know why it didnt work in baltimore. maybe the ravens personnel on offense was just hella ugly. we have pieces.

that offense was offensive, but he managed to make them decent. jamal pounded the rock, dilfer just managed the game and DID NOT lose the game for them, giving the defense a chance to win it for them (which they did plenty of times)

if billick had a VD and Crab to go with jamal lewis, that offense would've been better.

i bet he'd do a much better job than what we're stuck with now.

Billick had Shannon Sharpe there right? Although I can't remember their WR's

They had Shannon Sharpe and Quady "Rocket" Ismail
Share 49ersWebzone