LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Offensive Line Issues

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex Smith leads the league in INTs and turnovers. He has a 16-29 record, but people, including some of his weapons and his coach thing its his fault. I have been worried about starting 2 rookie offensive linemen since there were reports in mini camp of them of them struggling with their pass protection.

Looking at the replay highlights from nfl.com it seems this last game he was getting pressure from the right side on both of his interceptions. The last throw he made was because I guy went right through Davis and was hitting Smith as he threw.

I just don't get it. If Smith's performance is that tied to his protection, why aren't we doing more to help protect him, especially offering Anthony Davis more help? I hope they can fix it because I will be devastated if we lose to the Raiders, but its obvious we can't turn the ball over. Lets help Alex and everyone else do that!
I was going to make a post about our pass protection, but it looks like the coaches have already decided to try something out:

http://www.49ers.com/team/depth-chart.html

looks like A Davis is pulling 2nd string duties now?

Still thin Rachal needs to come out too. and hopefully we can with Heitman coming back
anthony davis has always reminded me of K.Harris.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
anthony davis has always reminded me of K.Harris.

"he'll be good 4 years from now."

I was tired of that, after hearing in 4 times.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
I'd rather see Snyder at guard and Boone or Sims at Tackle.
He is going to be a beast but Alex has the worst luck any QB has had ever, everytime he gets hits as he throws, he gets intercepted, everytime he wants to go deep? someone blows the assingment, everytime one of our receivers tips a ball? it gets intercepted etc etc..
good move. Davis just isn't ready. Constantly jumping early and providing LOOKOUT blocks for A.Smith.
Makes sense to me, will be interesting to see how (or if) this effects Rachal.
good move. Davis just isn't ready. Constantly jumping early and providing LOOKOUT blocks for A.Smith.

lol,

Hey Alex, sending someone your way
We seriously need to think about benching this dude.

Originally posted by MILFS:
We seriously need to think about benching this dude.
yup

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Oct 12, 2010 at 16:05:48 ]
Originally posted by pyroglass:
I was going to make a post about our pass protection, but it looks like the coaches have already decided to try something out:

http://www.49ers.com/team/depth-chart.html

looks like A Davis is pulling 2nd string duties now?

Still thin Rachal needs to come out too. and hopefully we can with Heitman coming back

It's not official until MM/MB reports it! lol
Wait a minute! WTF? That chart is old as hell.

You sure? Taylor Mays is starting.

Still not finding a date or a time stamp on that.

[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 12, 2010 at 16:10:34 ]
Share 49ersWebzone