There are 43 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade Frank Gore

Originally posted by 9ermex:
Originally posted by cgida:
This has got to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. hell, by this thinking, let's trade Willis and Davis. Why stop there get rid of Crabtree and anyone else that has any amount of skill. Then let's ask Al Davis to buy our team so we can be just as worthless as the Raiders.

Next time think about what you are saying instead of wiping your butt on this forum!!!

First of all, FUcck YOU! who do you think you are talking to? Second, what you are saying is retarded, Gore has 3 or 4 good seasons left MAX because he plays RB, (with two fixed knees i might add) all the other players you mentioned have a much longer playing life and are younger than him, we are going into rebuild mode so it would be a business desicion only, all the other players will be in their PRIME by the time we compete for a SB, gore will not.

Third, fucck you again!

Now now.. let's be nice.
Originally posted by dobo:
This has got to be the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. hell, by this thinking, let's trade Willis and Davis. Why stop there get rid of Crabtree and anyone else that has any amount of skill. Then let's ask Al Davis to buy our team so we can be just as worthless as the Raiders.

Next time think about what you are saying instead of wiping your butt on this forum!!!

First of all, FUcck YOU! who do you think you are talking to? Second, what you are saying is retarded, Gore has 3 or 4 good seasons left MAX because he plays RB, (with two fixed knees i might add) all the other players you mentioned have a much longer playing life and are younger than him, we are going into rebuild mode so it would be a business desicion only, all the other players will be in their PRIME by the time we compete for a SB, gore will not.

Third, fucck you again!

lol

lol.

Lets face it, we are not going to win a superbowl while he is on the team, he is what? 27? By the time we have a head coach and a QB that can take us there he is going to be old. Plus, his fumbles are killing us big time and his unwillingnes to share snaps too. This year is lost anyway, so trade him now and get something of value for him and we can have another workhorse by the time we are ready to really compete.

I actually agree with you 100%. We will not win a championship with him on our team because we are a ways away from having a championship team. So why keep him. Can you imagine what we could get for him if we put him on the trading block right now? Teams would be falling over themselves to give us offers. You have to think outside of the box here people. I know Gore might be your favorite player, but if you wouldn't even consider this then you're thinking of this in an emotional way, not a practical way. Again, he's not saying Frank Gore isn't useful or good, he's saying that we should get something for him while we still can.
If NFL trades weren't such complete and utter jokes, I'd be on board.

What would we get in return for him? A third round pick?

No thanks.
I agree I think the new coach coming in should look to trade Gore. Its time this team gets some fresh blood in key positions. Gore is a good player but lets face it he represents a losing era. I think its time for the team to move on.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I agree I think the new coach coming in should look to trade Gore. Its time this team gets some fresh blood in key positions. Gore is a good player but lets face it he represents a losing era. I think its time for the team to move on.

Are we still looking to be Al Bundy at FB?
Im not saying he is a bad player at all, just sayin that we can get something of value for him now that we are on a lost year, doesnt everyone says that RB is the easiest possition to replace? I know his production is very high but also his blunders, and i can see how this could be unpopular with the fans but it does makes sense to me, if they did it, i would feel sad but i would go with it.

I understand what you're saying and I suppose it comes down to what we would be able to get for him vs. what he can do for us. My hunch is that we're unlikely to get much for him unless a team with serious Super Bowl aspirations suddenly finds the cupboard bare at running back, which is unlikely.

If we were going to make a like-for-like trade for Gore, it needed to be done several seasons ago. At this point, I'm afraid, his age has drastically reduced his trade value and, as you allude to, backs aren't particularly valuable anyway.

Consequently, I think Gore is worth more on our roster than what we're likely to get for him in trade. That's not to say the idea isn't worth exploring--again, someone might be desperate or willing to do something unexpected. You never know.
This is as stupid of an idea as the Pats trading Randy...

...oh wait.

Third, fucck you again!

First of all, this did not need a new thread.

Second, enjoy the warning.

Third, if you have questions, PM me.