LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

thoughts on issac soapaga's intro for game last night

Shop Find 49ers gear online
THIS IS JUST SICK!

Watch the whole thing

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Samoans traditionally start celebrating halloween 2 - 3 weeks early.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'm sure people will say it was some Samoan pride thing or whatever. I just a bit put off with any of these players laughing or joking around about anything right now.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Samoans traditionally start celebrating halloween 2 - 3 weeks early.

hahahaha...you're so funny...very clever by the way...
alisa's Profile Page Information

Last Post: Oct 12, 2010 at 00:03:38
Warning: BANNED

Banned after two posts. Gotta be some kind of record there.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
he was all made up in his war paint and made goofy face-

this, I liked it.
Originally posted by rawdel:
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
We should bench him for that

He should be benched period. He is a scrub.

He's kept around because he's the strongest on the team. All brawn and no brains in my opinion. I would love to see Ray Mac start on the line with Aubrayo and Justin.

WTF are you talking about? The guy shows his Samoan heritage and you think he hes got no brains? Sopoaga starts because he is a key piece to the 49ers run defense. He is big and athletic enough to set the edge on runs to his side and keep them from being long gains. He is probably the most improved player on the dline. Mcdonald is a good player but I don't think he is as good against the run as Sopoaga is. Ray is the better pass rusher.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Sorry to sound like a smart ass but it's not Samoan. It's Maori (New Zealand natives) and they hate it when we mock them.

I'm Samoan so I'm not trying to brag about the Maoris.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Sorry to sound like a smart ass but it's not Samoan. It's Maori (New Zealand natives) and they hate it when we mock them.

actually false, samoans do have a form of the haka, which is formally called the "siva tau". So we are not mocking the Maoris..
I saw it and I thought something was wrong with my TV screen because all I saw was half his face

Originally posted by samoan49er:

actually false, samoans do have a form of the haka, which is formally called the "siva tau". So we are not mocking the Maoris..

Uh oh...

on a second thought, I'm not so sure about the whole face-painting thing...I'm obviously going off the whole haka thing, but the face tattoos, that's all maori..
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Sole, tell me that Soap didn't do a pukana then. Tell me that wasn't a moko on his face. The pukana and moko are both Maori. The pe'a(Samoan tattoo) goes around the waist. Our other tattoos go around the arms or shoulders. Since when did we do our tattoo like the Marquesians and Maoris? Learn your culture before you fia poto on the CPU.

[ Edited by TheNef77 on Oct 12, 2010 at 13:19:58 ]

Sole, tell me that Soap didn't do a pukana then. Tell me that wasn't a moko on his face. The pukana and moko are both Maori. The pe'a(Samoan tattoo) goes around the waist. Our other tattoos go around the arms or shoulders. Since when did we do our tattoo like the Marquesians and Maoris? Learn your culture before you fia poto on the CPU.

More?

sole, I responded to my previous post and realized my sese. se aua ke popole, I know what you're talkin about...Sopoaga should just get a soga'imiti and show that (obviously if he could)..and I aint tryna fia poto with you. I do know my culture so don't trip.
Share 49ersWebzone