There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)

Post Game Analysis:

Prevent defense... prevented us from winning! Manusky had the DB's playing off the WR's on the Panthers last TD drive that tied up the game and on the winning field goal. Bad move Manusky!

Carr was either not prepared or he sucks!... I vote for the latter. He looked absolutely horrible!

Penalties were absolutely ridiculous! That is a direct reflection of the coaching staff. Lots of penalties are happening week after week.

The season is down the drain... it is so depressing!
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by jreff22:
The season is over, Smith will be out multiple games and we have no reliable backups. For the people that want sing fired, I agree with you....but we have 0 viable options just like we currently have at QB. We will be picking in the top 10 but will probably be out of reach for a QB, so we either go DB or DL...I'm expecting DB then QB in the early 2nd.

So much potential lost this season

Try any and all personnel changes at QB to see what we have!

The best option we had is injured, nobody else is going to make a difference. Carr, Smith, and Davis will not get us more then 3 wins without any major luck....which so far we have none.
I would go with Troy Smith.
What Ive learned......

1. David Carr is not a NFL quarterback

2. Anthony Davis is incompentent

3. Nobody on team trusts David Carr
4. Did I mention the incompetency of Anthony Davis?

5. We ask way too much of our defense

6. We are really gonna miss Alex Smith

7. Parys Haralson, Reggie Smith, Will James should only be specal teamers

8. Mike Johnson is creative, makes you wonder about the Jimmy Raye hiring in the first place

9. Sing might as well pack his bags, hes a lame duck HC

10. The Panthers officially ended our season.

I WILL NOT WATCH ANY MORE 49ER GAMES THIS SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!
Manusky is still clueless, and needs to gtfo as soon as possible, His lame end of game play-calls, leaving people that were getting burnt all day 1 on 1 with their Wr's... thats high school football s**t.

Nate Clements, will be driving the car that Manusky and singletary leave in.
Aubrayo franklin, see ya later buddy good thing we didnt give you a contract.

I want to hate on mike johnson, but i believe he can't really change the playcalls to a large extent, since the playbook is still jimmy rayes. At least he tries to mix it up, but I have no clue why our offense the rest of the day never resembled the first drive of the game.

Or why on Carr's first full drive, we were going 5 wide??? it wasn't even the end of the game yet.

Taylor mays finally made his first real bad rookie play, I expect Josh mcdaniels and Orton to go after mays hard next week.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Simple, Jon Gruden + Andrew Luck = Great success

My only concern with Gruden is he couldnt develop a QB in either place, prefers Vet QBs, and also has a crazy playbook and crazy terminology (reason he likes vet qbs)
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
We any smith

we wouldve won if smith was still in the game

oh ya chief sunswell zrf and fly gtfo for cheering alex's injury

Nobody "cheered" his injury. The guy has been part of this team's downfall. Regardless of where you place him on the list (I list him number 1, you list him lower), no one will argue that he is not part of the problem. Parts of the problem need to be eliminated from this team. It's obvious that Sing has no plans to change course with this team. He's willing to take the entire roster down with him. Smith's injury may be a "blessing in disguise". Need because he got injured, but rather than Sing will NOW be forced to make some changes. Putting in a new QB means tweaking the playbook somewhat to that QB's strength. Clearly, whatever plan SIng had for Smith DID NOT WORK. If you guys cant see this, then I feel sorry for you.

But please, dont make blatant comments that people that dont support SMith were ccheering his injury. No one wants players to get hurt. We were cheering the circumstance that Sing was forced into......thats all.

Do you think he might work out as a useable caretaker QB for next season? With all the sarcasm on the board right now, I'd like to clarify that I mean that as an honest question. I'll conced that until now I haven't paid T. Smith much thought, so I'd like to know more about your thinking on Troy.
Clements and Spencer should be renamed the toast twins because they cant cover anyone (when's the last time they looked back for a ball??). Combine that with no formidable pass rush and we're bound to struggle on defense when we need to press. We're still two cover CBs and a legit OLB/DE that can rush the passer.

Our OL is one of the worst right now in regards of consistency and it doesn't matter who's our QB is cause they're gonna get killed. Too many times this season our OL showed troubles with stunts and letting a free rusher get hits on our QB...Now that Smith is likely out for the season everyone that wanted Carr can eat Crow, he is worse.

We're going to be picking in the top five in 2011 guaranteed. Glimmers of hope squashed with a nightmare unraveling.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by CarolinaPride:
It was an overall sloppy game from both teams. There were some questionable penalties on both teams.

The 9ers being great at stopping the run, that's what I expected. The Panthers being great at stopping the pass, I expected that that also.

I hope Alex Smith has a speedy recovery for you guys.

Expected Gore to be explosive. He definitely was.

I did not expect the rookie WRs of the Panthers to emerge the way they did though. That was a surprise. Some of their catches weren't due to bad playing on defensive, some were just really tight, clutch catches. (Mind you, not all of them).

Good game 9ers. Your defense is better than advertised. Stripping the ball from Steve Smith AND DeAngelo Williams in the same game is unheard of. Good luck next week. Your defense can definitely hinder the Broncos.

Nice post, CarolinePride, it's a fair (if a bit kind) analysis. You could've kicked us where it hurt, so I sure appreciate that you took the high road.

Good luck with your season and rebuilding process.

Naw. I've had enough heartache this season, with how the Panthers have been playing, no need to try to force it on others.
Analysis= We suck bad.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

Do you think he might work out as a useable caretaker QB for next season? With all the sarcasm on the board right now, I'd like to clarify that I mean that as an honest question. I'll conced that until now I haven't paid T. Smith much thought, so I'd like to know more about your thinking on Troy.

Nate Davis didn't even get claimed by any team, when we released Nate Davis nobody even sniffed him. David Carr is dreadful and not even near good enough to be in the NFL. Troy Smith is mobile, would be worth the shot. I just have zero faith in Carr and it obvious the coaches do too. Lets just give Troy Smith a try.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
What a truly pathetic team we have. After we lose to Denver next week, I'm convinced that Singletary will be fired during the bye week. I only wish that Carr had been injured during this game cuz we all know that when asked about Carr's play, Singletary will say, "He played very well....etc...bulls**t...etc....". Hopefully Mike Johnson has some sort of say in what happens next at the QB position. He's always been a N.Davis supporter.

If Sing gets canned who will be the interim HC? Mike Johnson, Jerry Sullivan, Mike Solari, Tomsula, or Manusky?
  • ZRF80
Dont know if it means anything, but Eric Davis on ESPNNEws saying Sing's job is in trouble..........
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Dont know if it means anything, but Eric Davis on ESPNNEws saying Sing's job is in trouble..........

f**k I hope this dbag gets canned