There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Post Game Analysis (vs. Carolina Panthers)

Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by jrg:
I wish we could cut Nate Davis so I can stop hearing the start Nate Davis s**t. You f**kers wanted Carr and you saw what you got...now you want a guy who can't even remember a playbook let alone play football?! The guy is on the practice squad for a reason.

And what makes you think the coaches know what they are doing? I say f**k it and let troy or nate play the season. And nobody wanted Carr, they were just sick of watching Alex suck it up.

exactly. i don't see why people can't understand this.

the "we want carr" chants were just really "we want change"

[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Oct 24, 2010 at 15:29:09 ]
Originally posted by 8to80:
Everyone is bagging on Carr, when they forget to realize that he is a better overall QB than Smith. Is he better than Smith this season? No, but overall, he is a better QB. Remember, he is the most sacked QB in the NFL on what used to be a terrible Texans team. Yet, he still managed much better statistics than Alex Smith. Do I think he is the answer? Hell no! He has the "Carr Syndrome" where he gets rid of the ball way too quickly. But, that doesn't change the fact that he's a better player than Smith. If he was with the 9ers last year, I think he would have beat Smith for the starting position this season.

Well, you are welcome to your opinion.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by jrg:
I wish we could cut Nate Davis so I can stop hearing the start Nate Davis s**t. You f**kers wanted Carr and you saw what you got...now you want a guy who can't even remember a playbook let alone play football?! The guy is on the practice squad for a reason.

And what makes you think the coaches know what they are doing? I say f**k it and let troy or nate play the season. And nobody wanted Carr, they were just sick of watching Alex suck it up.

exactly. i don't see why people can't understand this.

the "we want carr" chants were just really "we want change"
And with alex likely missing an extended length of time, is there even a point to starting Carr? He sucks, and his throws today were unbelievably bad. This season is lost, no amount of ra-ra bulls**t is going to will this team into division champions. Hand the reins over to one of the young qb we don't know much about and let him go out there and sling it. If they fail they fail, and we will know exactly what we have at the position heading into the draft.
Originally posted by 8to80:
Everyone is bagging on Carr, when they forget to realize that he is a better overall QB than Smith. Is he better than Smith this season? No, but overall, he is a better QB. Remember, he is the most sacked QB in the NFL on what used to be a terrible Texans team. Yet, he still managed much better statistics than Alex Smith. Do I think he is the answer? Hell no! He has the "Carr Syndrome" where he gets rid of the ball way too quickly. But, that doesn't change the fact that he's a better player than Smith. If he was with the 9ers last year, I think he would have beat Smith for the starting position this season.

You can't be this dense, it's not possible.
I really don't blame the defense too much. 13 points came off turnovers the defense created. The defense was kept being put in bad situations (Panthers drives always starting around their 45 yardline). No matter how good a defense is, they will give up yards eventually.

They know the offense isn't gonna do anything, the pressure is always on them. Did you see the statistic today? In the 2009 season and this year combined, when the 49ers give up more than 17 points they are 0-12. The defense goes in to games knowing they can't make any mistakes and always have to come up with the big play.

Not saying this defense is amazing by any means, but it doesn't deserve much criticism. We do need to blitz more however.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Originally posted by jrg:
I wish we could cut Nate Davis so I can stop hearing the start Nate Davis s**t. You f**kers wanted Carr and you saw what you got...now you want a guy who can't even remember a playbook let alone play football?! The guy is on the practice squad for a reason.

And what makes you think the coaches know what they are doing? I say f**k it and let troy or nate play the season. And nobody wanted Carr, they were just sick of watching Alex suck it up.

exactly. i don't see why people can't understand this.

the "we want carr" chants were just really "we want change"
And with alex likely missing an extended length of time, is there even a point to starting Carr? He sucks, and his throws today were unbelievably bad. This season is lost, no amount of ra-ra bulls**t is going to will this team into division champions. Hand the reins over to one of the young qb we don't know much about and let him go out there and sling it. If they fail they fail, and we will know exactly what we have at the position heading into the draft.

There is no point in starting Carr. I have been sceptical but I think that the Niners should really give Davis a look. At least they could get the ball downfield to Davis and Crabtree. Carr is not going to be able to that and I don't think Troy Smith is that kind of player either.
I ain't blaming smith for this loss yes i kinda agree that alex might be the best option but is there anyone that still wants him next season?
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
I ain't blaming smith for this loss yes i kinda agree that alex might be the best option but is there anyone that still wants him next season?

Alex is the best QB on this team. In no way shape or form should he be back next season.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 8,104
Originally posted by Thorhawk:


exactly. i don't see why people can't understand this.

the "we want carr" chants were just really "we want change"

Well, they got what they asked for. Change does not always make things better.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
This is the time to just blow things up. Get one of the young QBs in, find an interim coach, and build for next year. It's preseason from now on out.....evaluate talent, get the bad apples off the roster.

Get Gruden by next year.....a decent vet QB......draft Locker or Luck. Nothing much more to play for this season........

Not to many decent vets QB out there to get . We need to sign some OL lineman in a bad way . Need another DB and a real WR threat to go with Crabtree. And yeas a real coach with a real coaching staff , but I do agree with you less see some of the younger players we have on the roster . And bench Davis , he couldn't even block himself .
Originally posted by carlgo:
Originally posted by Antix:
Sing shouldn't even make the trip to England. Just send him home and let MJ and Manusky be joint HCs or something. I'm so sick of seeing Singletary on the sideline that I don't know what to do.

Luckily we do have talent on the team and if we can just get a coaching staff we sholdn't have to rebuild the roster. I just want Singletary fired right now, he's the most pointless person in the organization.

Absolutely, this is correct on all counts. There is simply nothing else left to say or do. Let the players and coached operate in a Sing-free environment and see what they can do. There is no way to judge them while Sing influences them.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
This is the time to just blow things up. Get one of the young QBs in, find an interim coach, and build for next year. It's preseason from now on out.....evaluate talent, get the bad apples off the roster.

Get Gruden by next year.....a decent vet QB......draft Locker or Luck. Nothing much more to play for this season........
But just like you screamed that Dilfer was the answer and it blew up in your face, so to has it here. You scream that David Carr is the answer, and it blows up in your face.
When Troy smith was the starter at BAL what was his stats?
I don't care what any 49er fan says about our quarterback situation. The best quarterback on our team is Nate Davis. He had what two opportunities against second stringers. Anyone who thinks the guy can't play is not seeing the truth. Is he ready? Probably not, but the whole team is not ready yet. Get the guy ready by putting him on the field. Im telling you right now the best quarterback on this team is Nate Davis
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:


exactly. i don't see why people can't understand this.

the "we want carr" chants were just really "we want change"

Well, they got what they asked for. [/b][b]Change does not always make things better.

Ur right. The country wanted change and look how that's going!