LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Has he finally arrived?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Has he finally arrived?

Maybe. I hope the whole entire team comes out looking absolutely rabid and play a ferocious game, dominating Oakland.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i've been an A.Smith non-believer for years. I just wanna see if what happened last night triggered anything in him. It was certainly not an everyday experience. How many NFL players get booo'd like that?? How many hear the crowd chanting for his replacement?? I think it can be life changing.

Man I hope you're right. It certainly felt different last night after the near-benching/booing/etc. The booing wasnt mild either. It was one of those "we're about to storm the field and break this guys legs and riot" boos. Bottom line: pretty vicious booing...and deservedly so. THAT SAID...I was SHOCKED to see Smith insert his a$$ back in the game (looked more like a mutiny move than anything else) and score 2 TDs.

But yeah..I've gotta say...that would be a life changing experience for any athlete. And I seriously doubt many players would have the heart/thick skin to do what he did last night. Hater or supporter...you can't deny that.

Fellas, we have seen all this before he has come back before and done ok for a game or two, but it never pans out. I can't for the life of me figure Alex Smith out he's smart, athletic, has a good arm and his teammates have his back, but something is still missing. I don't think he's ever going to be what we fans wish for.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
i've been an A.Smith non-believer for years. I just wanna see if what happened last night triggered anything in him. It was certainly not an everyday experience. How many NFL players get booo'd like that?? How many hear the crowd chanting for his replacement?? I think it can be life changing.

Man I hope you're right. It certainly felt different last night after the near-benching/booing/etc. The booing wasnt mild either. It was one of those "we're about to storm the field and break this guys legs and riot" boos. Bottom line: pretty vicious booing...and deservedly so. THAT SAID...I was SHOCKED to see Smith insert his a$$ back in the game (looked more like a mutiny move than anything else) and score 2 TDs.

But yeah..I've gotta say...that would be a life changing experience for any athlete. And I seriously doubt many players would have the heart/thick skin to do what he did last night. Hater or supporter...you can't deny that.

So what if he lit it up after he got booed? He's a professional athlete - First overall draft pick and a starting QB. He's SUPPOSED to light it up the WHOLE GAME. So he can only bring it after he gets booed and yelled at? Something wrong with that picture...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Maybe. I hope the whole entire team comes out looking absolutely rabid and play a ferocious game, dominating Oakland.

This.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by brucesf49:
Originally posted by b9er37:
If you have played football you know there is no exuse for turnovers and very few teams can overcome the amount Alex smith is responsible for. I agree there are other problems but take a sack over a turnover any day.

oh yeah. and someone please remember that gore fumbled twice yesterday. just as damaging as smiths fumble and game ending int.

The problem is Gore and others do NOT consistently turn over the ball. Name me 2 games where Alex has NOT turned over the ball?

Oh but of course ... NONE of it was HIS fault!

Funny that Both Matt Ryan and Drew Brees managed to bring their teams back from behind and win the game.

Ooops, I forgot, they got better protection. I thought I'd just put this out in advance .. because it's coming. The excuses NEVER stops!

Bree didn't manage to do it this week.

Yes, but how many times had Alex done it? ZERO?
Originally posted by eamjr10:
NO NO NO! This is how Smith always fools us fans, we have fallen for this for several years now, when he has nothing to lose he goes out and plays decent, gives us hope. However when something is actually on the line, he reverts back to the same 'ol Alex. When the score was 17-10 he couldn't do anything and ended up fumbling the ball that lead to an Eagles TD. Then when the score was 24-10 he comes out and plays great, there was no pressure, he already lost the fans. But then when he has a chance to put us in position to tie or win the game he chokes again.

Just like in years past when our season was over, he would play great for the last 4-5 games and really give us hope for the next season, but when there is pressure of playing good from the start, what happens? He chokes! This is a pattern, and I, a normal Smith supporter is finally realizing this. I'm sure if we go 0-9 or even like 2-8, and the season is over, he will turn it up and we will race to a great 6-10 or 7-9 record, and we will all say NOW he finally has it! But only to be let down again and again.

The only way I find my way back on the Smith bandwagon is if HE can put this team on his back and get us out of this hole. But, I seriously doubt that will happen.

Truth.
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Yes he will come out a changed player and lead us to many victories.

6 years later? Finally coming out of his suckage? That must have been a major slap in the face he got last night to all of the sudden be a "changed player" who leads us to many victories. I highly doubt it, we've seen this bipolar behavior from Smith before (Houston last season and the Seattle game a couple years before.) Smith is inconsistent and will never be an elite QB in this league.

i'm sure he's being sarcastic.

I certainly hope so.
  • 9r4lf
Originally posted by Hollywood:
Just like I thought. He puts together a good drive, and suddenly his turnovers and mistakes before and after that drive are forgotten. I may bet on this Sundays game. Because I've seen this episode before, in fact several times, so I know whats going to happen.

bro, certainly not forgotten - But life, and this f**king football team is about hope...try some
Yeah right. Keep wishing.
I always get geared up to see Alex Smith play lights out. But then we run up the gut 18 gazillion times and by the time we let him throw around in a shotgun formation with more than 2 WRs we're down by 14 and there's 8 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

So....... if THAT'S not done. Put angry Alex Smith (THE Phil Jennings?) back out there for an entire game and I'll get hyped.

BELIEVE!
Originally posted by sincalniner:
BELIEVE!

In what?
All u haters find a new team. Nothing more annoying than you so called fans being negative and talking trash about are team. Back the f*** off Smith. U same idiots that were booing Smith were cheering for him his last 3 drives. U idiots either be positive and be on bored to turn this around or find a new team
Originally posted by willis52hityou:
All u haters find a new team. Nothing more annoying than you so called fans being negative and talking trash about are team. Back the f*** off Smith. U same idiots that were booing Smith were cheering for him his last 3 drives. U idiots either be positive and be on bored to turn this around or find a new team

Sad but so true. Niners faithful have faith still got 11games left. Fu**
Share 49ersWebzone