There are 231 users in the forums

Has he finally arrived?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Has he finally arrived?

Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i've been an A.Smith non-believer for years. I just wanna see if what happened last night triggered anything in him. It was certainly not an everyday experience. How many NFL players get booo'd like that?? How many hear the crowd chanting for his replacement?? I think it can be life changing.

I fully agree. Most would crumble psychologically after that experience and be calling their therapist the next day. Alex? Nah, he just went in and commanded two excellent drives before the OL failed on that 3rd and 10.

Let's see how he does next week.

Throw caution to the wind Alex and go out there and light it up from here on out! May not save you in SF but it will help you audition for your next team.
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
I drank the Kool-Aid last year and before the season started. But this 0-5 start made me realize we need a real QB.

I'm with you. It's time to invoke a strict five strikes and you're out policy.

[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 11, 2010 at 15:16:26 ]
Has he arrived? Where exactly did he arrive to?

LOL. No. A BIG NO. If someone has to yell at him to play good, he is FINISHED as a QB that will ever be called "Franchise Quarterback."

What will be the excuse next week? "Man, other than the tipped interception Alex was perfect" or something similar.

HE'S TOAST. HE IS WHO WE THOUGHT HE WAS. bye bye
Originally posted by brucesf49:
Originally posted by eamjr10:
NO NO NO! This is how Smith always fools us fans, we have fallen for this for several years now, when he has nothing to lose he goes out and plays decent, gives us hope. However when something is actually on the line, he reverts back to the same 'ol Alex. When the score was 17-10 he couldn't do anything and ended up fumbling the ball that lead to an Eagles TD. Then when the score was 24-10 he comes out and plays great, there was no pressure, he already lost the fans. But then when he has a chance to put us in position to tie or win the game he chokes again.

Just like in years past when our season was over, he would play great for the last 4-5 games and really give us hope for the next season, but when there is pressure of playing good from the start, what happens? He chokes! This is a pattern, and I, a normal Smith supporter is finally realizing this. I'm sure if we go 0-9 or even like 2-8, and the season is over, he will turn it up and we will race to a great 6-10 or 7-9 record, and we will all say NOW he finally has it! But only to be let down again and again.

The only way I find my way back on the Smith bandwagon is if HE can put this team on his back and get us out of this hole. But, I seriously doubt that will happen.

it has been obviously pointed out several times today that that last int was not smiths fault. it was A Davis. Watch video. Davis whiffs on his block with only a 4 man rush. smith was midthrow when davis whiffed resulting in Smith being hit before the ball was released. put that on smith and you are just blind.

I'm not saying this loss was totally Smith's fault, but come on he made major mistakes that helped lead to a loss. But, hey go ahead and get your hopes up that this was the thing Alex needed to become a winning quarterback. I've fallen for it too many times.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BasharCali49:
I drank the Kool-Aid last year and before the season started. But this 0-5 start made me realize we need a real QB.

ok.... thers none on our roster. smith is best option. so now what. especially when our offensive stars want him in
I thought Singletary's assessment of Smith at his press conference was pretty fair, i.e., he'll play good for stretches then tense up and make a bonehead turnover. He said we have to find a way to keep Smith loose because he's pretty good when he's not thinking.

I come with solution in hand. Any time Smith isn't feeling the mojo, have him quick kick from the shotgun. Better a punt than an interception, right? Little butterflies? Punt. Quiet introspection creeping into the mind? Boom. Coffin corner. Feeling a little pensive for that mid-second quarter drive? Just kick the crap out of it as hard as you can. I don't know how all of this will sit with Andy Lee, but I think Smith just needs a little escape hatch when things aren't going his way.

On a more serious note, WTF does Smith keep saying that the style of offense doesn't matter. Clearly, the guy doesn't suffer from debilitating freeze ups when he's in a two-minute drill from the shotgun. Why aren't we emulating the Buffalo Bills of Jim Kelly, or the Miami Dolphins of Dan Marino, or the Cincinnati Bengels of Boomer Esiasson. A lot of teams have successfully mixed in a two-minute style offense in the middle of games to change the pace.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BHulman:
i've been an A.Smith non-believer for years. I just wanna see if what happened last night triggered anything in him. It was certainly not an everyday experience. How many NFL players get booo'd like that?? How many hear the crowd chanting for his replacement?? I think it can be life changing.

I fully agree. Most would crumble psychologically after that experience and be calling their therapist the next day. Alex? Nah, he just went in and commanded two excellent drives before the OL failed on that 3rd and 10.

Throw caution to the wind Alex and go out there and light it up from here on out! May not save you in SF but it will help you audition for your next team.

what??? I cant believe u said that...
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by BHulman:

what??? I cant believe u said that...

Would be nice. I know it's cliche', but don't tell me, show me(for more than a quarter here and there)!!
PHIL JENNINGS HAS ARRIVED
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

BRIAN Jennings.

Originally posted by Otter:

BRIAN Jennings.

This time next week we will all be in line to suck Alex Smiths dick
  • fly15
  • Veteran

BRIAN Jennings.

have u ever stopped...
  • Otter
  • Veteran

BRIAN Jennings.

have u ever stopped...

Jealous?
I've hated on Smith for years now. He did tear it up in the 4th quarter though. The line was abysmal. Why can't he cut it loose like that the whole dam game. We always score early then get conservative until we dig ourselves into a hole...

BRIAN Jennings.

have u ever stopped...

nope and i never will. I LOVE YOU ALEX(homo)
Share 49ersWebzone