Shop Find 49ers gear online

Has he finally arrived?

nope he's still edward norton...with more sand in his vag
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Yes he will come out a changed player and lead us to many victories.

6 years later? Finally coming out of his suckage? That must have been a major slap in the face he got last night to all of the sudden be a "changed player" who leads us to many victories. I highly doubt it, we've seen this bipolar behavior from Smith before (Houston last season and the Seattle game a couple years before.) Smith is inconsistent and will never be an elite QB in this league.

i'm sure he's being sarcastic.

I certainly hope so.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
it was also him that threw the int to end the game, he is a joke, time to move on.

Go back and watch that play, he was hit mid throw (along with his arm) and the ball was wobbly coming down. Pass protection was s**t on both sides that play, Staley and Davis sucked.

yeah but most QBs will also side step the rush and then throw the ball. Alex just doesn't have instincts.
Originally posted by dwy621:
it was also him that threw the int to end the game, he is a joke, time to move on.

Go back and watch that play, he was hit mid throw (along with his arm) and the ball was wobbly coming down. Pass protection was s**t on both sides that play, Staley and Davis sucked.

yeah but most QBs will also side step the rush and then throw the ball. Alex just doesn't have instincts.

Let's try this again: Did you watch the replay?

How the hell can he have sidestepped that rush when his feet were planted in the midst of a throw downfield, arm in motion and all?

yes...and we have seen alex do this before. can't sidestep them all.

MOST olines also protect there qb's. thats how great qb's are produced.
Originally posted by kidash:

Let's try this again: Did you watch the replay?

How the hell can he have sidestepped that rush when his feet were planted in the midst of a throw downfield, arm in motion and all?

this

plus it was only a 4 man rush...c'mon.

He was moving up into the pocket fine that game, there wasn't time to side step the protection was that bad.
I drank the Kool-Aid last year and before the season started. But this 0-5 start made me realize we need a real QB.
i've been an A.Smith non-believer for years. I just wanna see if what happened last night triggered anything in him. It was certainly not an everyday experience. How many NFL players get booo'd like that?? How many hear the crowd chanting for his replacement?? I think it can be life changing.
NO NO NO! This is how Smith always fools us fans, we have fallen for this for several years now, when he has nothing to lose he goes out and plays decent, gives us hope. However when something is actually on the line, he reverts back to the same 'ol Alex. When the score was 17-10 he couldn't do anything and ended up fumbling the ball that lead to an Eagles TD. Then when the score was 24-10 he comes out and plays great, there was no pressure, he already lost the fans. But then when he has a chance to put us in position to tie or win the game he chokes again.

Just like in years past when our season was over, he would play great for the last 4-5 games and really give us hope for the next season, but when there is pressure of playing good from the start, what happens? He chokes! This is a pattern, and I, a normal Smith supporter is finally realizing this. I'm sure if we go 0-9 or even like 2-8, and the season is over, he will turn it up and we will race to a great 6-10 or 7-9 record, and we will all say NOW he finally has it! But only to be let down again and again.

The only way I find my way back on the Smith bandwagon is if HE can put this team on his back and get us out of this hole. But, I seriously doubt that will happen.

What's a joke is this that you would expose yourself with a post that is so ignorant of reality. He got hit right in the middle of throwing the pass, that is why that ball was intercepted. The fumble was on him for not throwing it away when Davis fell down. The first interception was him being over aggressive, he had Davis open about 10-15 yards on a crossing pattern, but that last interception was on the line not blocking. Until the line solidifies, we are going to struggle on offense. When the line has played good we have been competitive, when they have sucked, we haven't been able to move the ball.
With a 16-29 record as a starter I don't think so. For years he has not had the "it" factor and it shouldn't take nealry getting booed off your home field before you get your head right
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
i've been an A.Smith non-believer for years. I just wanna see if what happened last night triggered anything in him. It was certainly not an everyday experience. How many NFL players get booo'd like that?? How many hear the crowd chanting for his replacement?? I think it can be life changing.

I fully agree. Most would crumble psychologically after that experience and be calling their therapist the next day. Alex? Nah, he just went in and commanded two excellent drives before the OL failed on that 3rd and 10.

Let's see how he does next week.
Originally posted by eamjr10:
NO NO NO! This is how Smith always fools us fans, we have fallen for this for several years now, when he has nothing to lose he goes out and plays decent, gives us hope. However when something is actually on the line, he reverts back to the same 'ol Alex. When the score was 17-10 he couldn't do anything and ended up fumbling the ball that lead to an Eagles TD. Then when the score was 24-10 he comes out and plays great, there was no pressure, he already lost the fans. But then when he has a chance to put us in position to tie or win the game he chokes again.

Just like in years past when our season was over, he would play great for the last 4-5 games and really give us hope for the next season, but when there is pressure of playing good from the start, what happens? He chokes! This is a pattern, and I, a normal Smith supporter is finally realizing this. I'm sure if we go 0-9 or even like 2-8, and the season is over, he will turn it up and we will race to a great 6-10 or 7-9 record, and we will all say NOW he finally has it! But only to be let down again and again.

The only way I find my way back on the Smith bandwagon is if HE can put this team on his back and get us out of this hole. But, I seriously doubt that will happen.

it has been obviously pointed out several times today that that last int was not smiths fault. it was A Davis. Watch video. Davis whiffs on his block with only a 4 man rush. smith was midthrow when davis whiffed resulting in Smith being hit before the ball was released. put that on smith and you are just blind.

He was moving up into the pocket fine that game, there wasn't time to side step the protection was that bad.

I have not seen that replay but was it Davis or Rachel that blew that along with Staley getting beat and holding to boot.
Share 49ersWebzone