There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Has he finally arrived?

Has he finally arrived?

There is no denying that last night, all the "BOOOOOOOOOO"s raining down on Smith's head changed something in his demeanor. He came out and played like a f**king mad man! Could it be that the crowd beat down is what Alex needed in order for him to sack up and play like it was his last game?

I personally cannot f**king wait to see how he comes out against the Raiders.
Yes he will come out a changed player and lead us to many victories.
And now Alex Smith himself has gotten fans drinking kool-aid! lol
Me, Myself, & Irene...maybe

Just like I thought. He puts together a good drive, and suddenly his turnovers and mistakes before and after that drive are forgotten. I may bet on this Sundays game. Because I've seen this episode before, in fact several times, so I know whats going to happen.
it was also him that threw the int to end the game, he is a joke, time to move on.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
it was also him that threw the int to end the game, he is a joke, time to move on.

Go back and watch that play, he was hit mid throw (along with his arm) and the ball was wobbly coming down. Pass protection was s**t on both sides that play, Staley and Davis sucked.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Go back and watch that play, he was hit mid throw (along with his arm) and the ball was wobbly coming down. Pass protection was s**t on both sides that play, Staley and Davis sucked.

Yea, OL definitely didn't help last night.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

6 years later? Finally coming out of his suckage? That must have been a major slap in the face he got last night to all of the sudden be a "changed player" who leads us to many victories. I highly doubt it, we've seen this bipolar behavior from Smith before (Houston last season and the Seattle game a couple years before.) Smith is inconsistent and will never be an elite QB in this league.

again....that int at the end is just as easily A. Davis fault as it is Smiths. Davis whiffed on what was only a 4 man rush and smith got pounded. wake up. these problems are not all smith's fault. some are. but not as much as everyone thinks.

dont forget...gores fumbles, horrible online and pass d play, nedney missed fg. a lot of problems here folks.

[ Edited by brucesf49 on Oct 11, 2010 at 14:48:51 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
NO! When he went back out there he was in his comfort zone. which is spread the field and hurry up offense. He still sucks the other 50 minutes. With the apparent exception of the 1st drives.

Yes it's nice that he can actually play in some form or another. The problem is we don't run that kind of offense and never will. He needs to learn to play in a regular/traditional typeof offense.

Seeing how it's his 6th season and he still hasn't learned how yet. I truly doubt he ever will.

For him to suceed he needs June Jones, Josh Mcdaniels or Bellicheck. To which if he switched with Orton I think he'd do damn good.
it's funny. when smith was getting his ass chewed out by singletary, i quickly thought about the time when seifert pulled steve young and how he went ballistic. we all know how that ended for young and the niners.

i'm not saying that this mirrors that incident 100%, but it can be something very much like it. i hope.

i found this read while looking for the footage. pretty cool. again, not calling smith the second coming of young. just thought it was eerily similar.

http://www.redroom.com/blog/steven-robert-travers/steve-young-chapter-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly-san-francisco-49ers

and this:

hmmmm...week 5. the eagles. yelling between coach and QB.

[ Edited by 76Razor on Oct 11, 2010 at 14:51:28 ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
he will choke AGAIN...
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by susweel:

6 years later? Finally coming out of his suckage? That must have been a major slap in the face he got last night to all of the sudden be a "changed player" who leads us to many victories. I highly doubt it, we've seen this bipolar behavior from Smith before (Houston last season and the Seattle game a couple years before.) Smith is inconsistent and will never be an elite QB in this league.

i'm sure he's being sarcastic.