LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

Our team is the laughing stock of the NFL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
as Damon Bruce said today, there is no way we can circle any game on our schedule as a win, when the 49ers are the team every other team in the league is circling for a win for them!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
as Damon Bruce said today, there is no way we can circle any game on our schedule as a win, when the 49ers are the team every other team in the league is circling for a win for them!

sad but true. We as fans see things differently than everyone else does. For example, We see the rams on our schedule and think, "Automatic win." But they're doing the same thing, and I think this season, they're right!
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

sad but true. We as fans see things differently than everyone else does. For example, We see the rams on our schedule and think, "Automatic win." But they're doing the same thing, and I think this season, they're right!

and he was saying that about Jed York believing we will win the west

it's true. I laughed when i read that he sent that text. sure it's a possibility but what in the world have you witnessed that actually has you believing that this will happen?

it's true. I laughed when i read that he sent that text. sure it's a possibility but what in the world have you witnessed that actually has you believing that this will happen?

He doesn't have to witness anything, he has a different perspective when he's signing the checks.

I'm beginning to believe that the Jed York member in Webzone is actually Jed York himself lol
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Well its obvious that neither Mariucci, Irvin, or Sanders know anything about football. They're has-beens, and jealous that Smith will eventually breakout once he gets a decent oline, wide receivers that can run their routes, wide receivers that can catch, wide receivers that can stop-turn around-run back 5 yards and make a play on the ball, offensive coordinator that can call good plays, a coach that will release Alex from his bondage, a stadium where the wind doesnt affect the spin on the ball, a fanbase that will support Alex and root for him no matter what, etc.

When all these things happen, then the joke's on you Mr. Mariucci, Irvin, and Sanders.

I am jealous of the fricking Cardinals, Larry Fitzgerald et al rallying around Max Hall to try to help him to succeed. The team did not support leinhart, and the coach got rid of Leinhart. Alex Smith has lost his teammates and the fans. If I was in charge I would cut Alex Smith today, bring up Nate Davis from practice squad and start Troy Smith the rest of the season. It could get no worse than 0-5.
And i'm so glad you do not coach football for a living !
Well its obvious that neither Mariucci, Irvin, or Sanders know anything about football. They're has-beens, and jealous that Smith will eventually breakout once he gets a decent oline, wide receivers that can run their routes, wide receivers that can catch, wide receivers that can stop-turn around-run back 5 yards and make a play on the ball, offensive coordinator that can call good plays, a coach that will release Alex from his bondage, a stadium where the wind doesnt affect the spin on the ball, a fanbase that will support Alex and root for him no matter what, etc.

When all these things happen, then the joke's on you Mr. Mariucci, Irvin, and Sanders.

Originally posted by Multibomber:
If we lose to Oakland, there is no God.

Damn, now we're losing for sure. Thanks a lot.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Multibomber:
If we lose to Oakland, there is no God.

Damn, now we're losing for sure. Thanks a lot.

I bet a Raider fan is saying the same thing.

We became laughing stock when the Yorks took over and will remain laughing stock until they come to their senses and sell. From that disastrous Mariucci firing episode up until today's "we'll win the division" bullsh*t, it has been a long never ending nightmare. I'm just waiting to wake up and realize the last 10 years have been a dream.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by 9erred:

I am jealous of the fricking Cardinals, Larry Fitzgerald et al rallying around Max Hall to try to help him to succeed. The team did not support leinhart, and the coach got rid of Leinhart. Alex Smith has lost his teammates and the fans. If I was in charge I would cut Alex Smith today, bring up Nate Davis from practice squad and start Troy Smith the rest of the season. It could get no worse than 0-5.

He's lost fans to be sure, but his teammates openly have his back.

That's because his teammates don't know anything else but crap QB play. The Cardinals had Warner to compare Lienart to and they knew when they saw suckiness.

Wow, you sure give them so little credit for possessing any sort of intelligence. As if none of these players have never seen one of the elite QB's play. That's a horribly weak argument, Joe. You're just throwing things out there grasping for straws on that one. Give them the benefit of the doubt that they at least possess brains to know the difference. Alex isn't a superstar, we all know that, but they're not blindly backing him.
In all fairness.. We have more talent than Buffalo and Carolina. Problem is it doesn't show up on Sundays.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
We became laughing stock when the Yorks took over and will remain laughing stock until they come to their senses and sell. From that disastrous Mariucci firing episode up until today's "we'll win the division" bullsh*t, it has been a long never ending nightmare. I'm just waiting to wake up and realize the last 10 years have been a dream.

To Ed Roski, please?

Ooooh. Did I hit a nerve?

[ Edited by area49 on Oct 11, 2010 at 21:21:16 ]
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Kneel_B4_ZOD:
My roommate, who happens to have one of the worst high-pitched laughs I've ever heard, laughed at Smith's fumble and continued to giggle as it was run into the endzone. In a room full of people, I threatened his life. If I'd have seen that on the NFL network I probably would have walked into my roommate's room and carried out my threat as some sort of displaced psychotic freak-out.

We are the worst.

lol you need therapy.

Yeah, probably.

I hear winning is therapeutic.

I didn't actually threaten his life, but I made it clear the laughing needed to stop.
Share 49ersWebzone