There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our team is the laughing stock of the NFL

Originally posted by ZRF80:
Well its obvious that neither Mariucci, Irvin, or Sanders know anything about football. They're has-beens, and jealous that Smith will eventually breakout once he gets a decent oline, wide receivers that can run their routes, wide receivers that can catch, wide receivers that can stop-turn around-run back 5 yards and make a play on the ball, offensive coordinator that can call good plays, a coach that will release Alex from his bondage, a stadium where the wind doesnt affect the spin on the ball, a fanbase that will support Alex and root for him no matter what, etc.

When all these things happen, then the joke's on you Mr. Mariucci, Irvin, and Sanders.

Your s**t is getting real tired, try to think up some new material.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Well its obvious that neither Mariucci, Irvin, or Sanders know anything about football. They're has-beens, and jealous that Smith will eventually breakout once he gets a decent oline, wide receivers that can run their routes, wide receivers that can catch, wide receivers that can stop-turn around-run back 5 yards and make a play on the ball, offensive coordinator that can call good plays, a coach that will release Alex from his bondage, a stadium where the wind doesnt affect the spin on the ball, a fanbase that will support Alex and root for him no matter what, etc.

When all these things happen, then the joke's on you Mr. Mariucci, Irvin, and Sanders.

New material? You mean like it's not Alex's fault, it's the receivers? There's nothing wrong with the post unless you don't like reading what appears to be more and more like the truth.
I would love to ask Deion and Michael how bout your sorry a** cowboys,they were hyped up just as always what are they doing now,so those two should shut the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by NinerSquire:

Yeah and you know what George w. Was a pretty good president

I guess about as good as Obama...
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

New material? You mean like it's not Alex's fault, it's the receivers? There's nothing wrong with the post unless you don't like reading what appears to be more and more like the truth.

No new material, like what he wrote is a completely dramatic over-exaggeration that's not even remotely humorous.

Alex may not be a great quarterback, but he had a decent game last night aside from the atrocious fumble and had a chance at a comeback until he was obliterated from a whiffed block.

And just so we're clear, Michael Irvin knows less about football than he does not getting caught doing coke.
It is up to the players to play and not make mistakes---rah rah from Singletary cannot win the game--the players have to.

I saw this quote from Keena Turner from 1989 when the Niners rallied to beat Mike Singletary's mentor---Buddy Ryans Eagles:

''Buddy gets his guys pumped with all of that talk, but when they line up, Buddy isn't on the field,'' said Keena Turner, the 49er linebacker. ''When you've got the record we have, when you've been where we have and win the ball game, well, that's more noise than any he can make.''
like it or not alex gives us the best chance to win right now, so we should stick with him. The players obviously agree when they came to his defense when he was about to get benched. The booing and the near benching had to be rock bottom for him, and he still responded, we lost the game but I think alex showed everyone, (including himself) that he's not the pu$$y that we all thought he was, to me it showed that he should at least be givin the chance to go down with the ship. Anybody who has played or coached football can see this point of view.lets be realistic here, I doubt carr or smith knows the offense better than alex, and giving our problems up front I don't see how starting someone else makes us a better team. Too many of our fans have spent all their lives getting their football knowledge from playing madden, sorry, you can't just plug and go at qb, david carr was alex smith before alex smith, you know what your getting there. F**k all the blind pessimists who think they could do a better job when they've never set foot on a football field.
I am fascinated how, after all these years, our fan base continues to be divided on the subject of whether Alex Smith is a good QB or not. I personally admire Smith's character and resilience, but after this much time it is pretty obvious he isn't the answer for us at QB. How anyone could argue this point now is beyond me. He could still possibly become a good QB, but it won't be--and shouldn't be--here. Let him move on and hopefully find success somewhere that is more suited to nurturing his talent while we find the right fit for our own team....
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by txniner2:
I would love to ask Deion and Michael how bout your sorry a** cowboys,they were hyped up just as always what are they doing now,so those two should shut the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!

We, as Niner fans, have absolutely no room to talk about other teams in the league...NONE...And that includes Carolina and the Bills until we win one f**king game.
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by txniner2:

We, as Niner fans, have absolutely no room to talk about other teams in the league...NONE...And that includes Carolina and the Bills until we win one f**king game.

What the hell does that have to do with bringing a point to Michael and Deon.Duh we suck like the other teams, all Im saying is their beloved team sucks to,and maybe they should be laughing at them also.
Originally posted by ajsjohnson:
I am fascinated how, after all these years, our fan base continues to be divided on the subject of whether Alex Smith is a good QB or not. I personally admire Smith's character and resilience, but after this much time it is pretty obvious he isn't the answer for us at QB. How anyone could argue this point now is beyond me. He could still possibly become a good QB, but it won't be--and shouldn't be--here. Let him move on and hopefully find success somewhere that is more suited to nurturing his talent while we find the right fit for our own team....

cosigned
Yes, our team is the laughing stock of the NFL. The 4th quarter fumble was the stupidest QB move I've seen since the 80's when Jim Everette sacked himself before being touched by the 9er defense.
Originally posted by Multibomber:
If we lose to Oakland, there is no God.

I lol'd when Alex fumble and imediatly called my dad to see if he was laughing and he was. This season has been the biggest disaster and I can't watch anymore. This team is really talented but I think they are cursed.
Why shouldn't they be laughing at us? We are the "Goodwill store" of the NFL.
Singletary preaches we are not a charity, yet A Smith gives the ball away more than anyone.

WK 1 A Smith 2INT I returned for a TD
WK 2 A Smith 2 INT, 3 fumbles, 1 for a safety. 5 Turnovers in the game.
WK 3 A Smith 1 INT and fumbled but Davis recovered for Niners
WK 4 A Smith 2 INT (see the pattern here yet?) 3 team fumbles 1 lost Clements cost us game by not getting down or going out of bounds.
WK 5 A Smith 2 INT 1 Fumble lost that went for TD. Gore 2 fumbles lost 5 turnovers.

Through 5 weeks A Smith 9 INT 4 TDs. 7 lost fumbles, this is unacceptable and even the best of teams would have a hard time overcoming this to get a win.

We are not a charity yet M Singletary continues to stick with A Smith. I don't understand this at all. Guess with the ship sinking they can both go down together hand in hand.