LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 172 users in the forums

Our team is the laughing stock of the NFL

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Well its obvious that neither Mariucci, Irvin, or Sanders know anything about football. They're has-beens, and jealous that Smith will eventually breakout once he gets a decent oline, wide receivers that can run their routes, wide receivers that can catch, wide receivers that can stop-turn around-run back 5 yards and make a play on the ball, offensive coordinator that can call good plays, a coach that will release Alex from his bondage, a stadium where the wind doesnt affect the spin on the ball, a fanbase that will support Alex and root for him no matter what, etc.

When all these things happen, then the joke's on you Mr. Mariucci, Irvin, and Sanders.

Yeah and you know what George w. Was a pretty good president
You know what would, at least to some extent, make us less of a laughing stock?

A nice, shiny new stadium in LA.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'd say Mooch has a right to be bitter after how he was treated by the Yorks. And he is laughing the last laugh there.
Originally posted by area49:
You know what would, at least to some extent, make us less of a laughing stock?

A nice, shiny new stadium in LA.

Lala land doesn't care about football. Unless it is for cool gang uniforms.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Well its obvious that neither Mariucci, Irvin, or Sanders know anything about football. They're has-beens, and jealous that Smith will eventually breakout once he gets a decent oline, wide receivers that can run their routes, wide receivers that can catch, wide receivers that can stop-turn around-run back 5 yards and make a play on the ball, offensive coordinator that can call good plays, a coach that will release Alex from his bondage, a stadium where the wind doesnt affect the spin on the ball, a fanbase that will support Alex and root for him no matter what, etc.

When all these things happen, then the joke's on you Mr. Mariucci, Irvin, and Sanders.

Originally posted by kray28:
I'd say Mooch has a right to be bitter after how he was treated by the Yorks. And he is laughing the last laugh there.

i never thought i would regret his firing, certainly at the time it happened
I was happy cos i didn't get over his play calling, the last one being the kneel down at the end of the first half in our playoffs game vs buccs
We were down and we could have used the minute left to try somethin' but he choosed otherwise and i felt he had no balls
Today, i think we fired the wrong guy : it should have been Donahue
Maybe mooch would have followed the next year but between the two the yorks made the wrong decision
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
I really don't care what other people think. For better or worse.

Focus on getting ourselves better. Worrying about what other people think is what a 9th grader does.

You sure?

When was the last time Steve Mariucci saw an NFL field as a coach?
as coach Sing would say qoute "where a decent football team" LOL
Originally posted by Kneel_B4_ZOD:
Originally posted by susweel:

The media... They love to build you up, and they especially love to tear you back down. It's all about ratings.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Who cares what they think. None of them could put together a value front office and coaching staff the way the Yorks have done. We have a hall of fame linebacker as a head coach who believes in his QB. Sad situation, a team that never executes the game plan and wastes top level performances by Alex Smith, game in and out. We have the head coach and QB to win Super Bowls, but everyone else on the field isn't getting it done.
Originally posted by redrathman:

You sure?

When was the last time Steve Mariucci saw an NFL field as a coach?

Mariucci is not coaching because he has a better gig, right now. He's said it many times. He makes great money and only does the show a handful of days a week. He's still connected to the league, but he doesn't have to deal with the constant stress that ages HC's so quickly.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:

I am jealous of the fricking Cardinals, Larry Fitzgerald et al rallying around Max Hall to try to help him to succeed. The team did not support leinhart, and the coach got rid of Leinhart. Alex Smith has lost his teammates and the fans. If I was in charge I would cut Alex Smith today, bring up Nate Davis from practice squad and start Troy Smith the rest of the season. It could get no worse than 0-5.

He's lost fans to be sure, but his teammates openly have his back.
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by 9erred:

I am jealous of the fricking Cardinals, Larry Fitzgerald et al rallying around Max Hall to try to help him to succeed. The team did not support leinhart, and the coach got rid of Leinhart. Alex Smith has lost his teammates and the fans. If I was in charge I would cut Alex Smith today, bring up Nate Davis from practice squad and start Troy Smith the rest of the season. It could get no worse than 0-5.

He's lost fans to be sure, but his teammates openly have his back.

That's because his teammates don't know anything else but crap QB play. The Cardinals had Warner to compare Lienart to and they knew when they saw suckiness.
Share 49ersWebzone