LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 245 users in the forums

Starting QB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Starting QB?

I voted for Alex only because I know he will not get benched. He will continue to be the starter because of SING. as long as he plays good enough no to get blown out and/or comeback just enough to lose.
I gotta admit, i was impressed at how Alex answered the boos in Candlestick, but we've seen it over and over, he'll play just good enough to get us in a position to lose by a small margin, never a big win unless it's a team more disfunctional then ours(and there are not too many of em). I agree that he might do better with more spread formations, but c'mon, do we really want a guy who has 9 INTs in 5 games throwing the ball more?
Originally posted by kray28:
We've invested too much development time in Alex to not at least use the remainder of the season to determine if he's the future or if we do indeed need to start from scratch.

I wouldn't be saying that unless I at least saw a few things in his game that impressed me. And his play has impressed me....particularly when he takes control of the offense from the coaches and directs his own offense. He's no Peyton Manning, but he's a serviceable imitation if you want my honest opinion. What is more important is that offense is more productive when he takes the reins. He is getting experience now that could make him into a great veteran leader.

Casting that all out would be a huge waste....what we really need is to give Alex a great coach to harness his skills and get the most of this offense and all its' personnel.

Drafting a rookie and starting over is a high risk proposition, and you are potentially setting the team back for years by doing so.

Bringing in a vet is less risky, but it tends to be a free agency crapshoot in terms of who is available.

DUDE!!!!!!

WE'VE INVESTED HALF A DECADE!!!!!!

WE ALREADY KNOW WHAT WE HAVE IN ALEX!!!!

HE'S A LOSING QB!!!!!

IT WILL BE A HUGE WASTE TO STICK WITH HIM!!!!!!

LET'S AT LEAST FIND OUT ABOUT T. SMITH AND N. DAVIS!!!!!

WASTE NO MORE TIME ON SOMEONE WE ALREADY KNOW IS A FAILURE!!!!!

[ Edited by BAD_AL on Oct 12, 2010 at 07:03:16 ]
  • kray28
  • Veteran
DUDE....hit the caps lock key.

And DUDE, instead of shouting, why not be real with the facts? In the six years that we've drafted him what percentage of games has he started? It's not like he's taken every snap.

Smith is best QB on the team. Davis is on the practice squad for a reason, and Troy Smith is the backup to the backup for a good reason.

Switching QBs isn't like plugging in a new WR. None of these guys are going to be worth the trouble.

[ Edited by kray28 on Oct 12, 2010 at 07:14:45 ]
Share 49ersWebzone