There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Starting QB?

Starting QB?

Alex's play was OK, as it always has been and always will be. He has hit his ceiling and in my belief, is not going to go any further. We need a change at QB, while David Carr has been thrust into our #2 spot, I don't believe he is the best choice. I suggest Troy Smith, who also has starting experience with Baltimore. We need a QB who can run and pass:Nate Davis(slow), Alex Smith(backup QB skill set), David Carr(bruised veteran). This is a guy who never got a real chance, much like Shaun Hill who came in from the Vikings. I truly believe that Troy can make something happen, and truthfully turn this team/coaching staff into winners.
This poll is only until another 15 minutes where Sing addresses it at the podium
I would rather see Nate Davis to exhaust the possibility, if not go for Andrew Luck.
Alex or Nate

Nobody else
Neither.

Just leave Smith in for a couple more games and then try everyone else.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
This poll is only until another 15 minutes where Sing addresses it at the podium

My dream press conference...

"Greetings, Jed York here in place of Coach Sing who has been fired. I'd like to start off by saying I have sold the team but before I did I cut Alex Smith..."
ITBL
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
ITBL

its a valid poll I dont think it will be locked
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by FourNine49:

My dream press conference...

"Greetings, Jed York here in place of Coach Sing who has been fired. I'd like to start off by saying I have sold the team but before I did I cut Alex Smith..."

While I disagree, that was pretty damn hilarious!
Originally posted by kstolai:
I would rather see Nate Davis to exhaust the possibility, if not go for Andrew Luck.

All indications are that Luck is staying in school.
let Smith start until the bye. After that, we can start auditioning the other guys on the roster to see what we have. If/when we get to a point when we're playing for next year, I want to see Troy Smith and Nate Davis get some playing time.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
ITBL

its a valid poll I dont think it will be locked

Uh, or until Sing says Alex is still the starter......oh wait.
Press conference Sing says Smith is the starter.
F**k Alex!!!! Anyone but Alex!!!
We've invested too much development time in Alex to not at least use the remainder of the season to determine if he's the future or if we do indeed need to start from scratch.

I wouldn't be saying that unless I at least saw a few things in his game that impressed me. And his play has impressed me....particularly when he takes control of the offense from the coaches and directs his own offense. He's no Peyton Manning, but he's a serviceable imitation if you want my honest opinion. What is more important is that offense is more productive when he takes the reins. He is getting experience now that could make him into a great veteran leader.

Casting that all out would be a huge waste....what we really need is to give Alex a great coach to harness his skills and get the most of this offense and all its' personnel.

Drafting a rookie and starting over is a high risk proposition, and you are potentially setting the team back for years by doing so.

Bringing in a vet is less risky, but it tends to be a free agency crapshoot in terms of who is available.