There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

JTO played better than Alex Smith through 5 games

A bunch of hypocrites on this board. I'm not saying JTO is a good QB, but I think we all know what Alex Smith is without it being said. So far, Alex has had some major What the f**ks!

JTO through 5 games in 2008: (6th year in the league with less starts than Alex Smith)

7 TD
6 INT
20 sacks

Alex Smith: Mr. cant' throw an accurate deep ball unless it's in the middle of the field.
6 TD
9 INT
6 sacks

[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 11, 2010 at 08:38:36 ]
20 sacks!!!??? holy s**t. lol
It's obvious Smith is gone no matter what happens.

Why even bother with Smith threads?

He's gone.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
20 sacks!!!??? holy s**t. lol

Yeah and Alex has "crap" blocking.

I'm not trying to stir up crap but imagine if "O'Sullivan" was on the back of #11 last night. This place would be 100% against the qB.
Originally posted by Joecool:
A bunch of hypocrites on this board. I'm not saying JTO is a good QB, but I think we all know what Alex Smith is without it being said. So far, Alex has had some major What the f**ks!

JTO through 5 games in 2008: (6th year in the league with less starts than Alex Smith)

7 TD
6 INT
20 sacks

Alex Smith: Mr. cant' throw an accurate deep ball unless it's in the middle of the field.
6 TD
9 INT
6 sacks

Our WRs aren't exactly the go vertical type that can get open down the side on a consistent basis. They are getting open on crossing pattern and shallow slants. Ginn is the only one, and he looked open and intriguing at times last night. I think we should go to him more, moved him around, do some motion with him.
Mike Martz
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
jesus f**kin' christ!

f**k JTO!
Different OC with a different offensive philosophy altogether. Martz ran a true Sid Gilman type offense where the QB sat in the pocket (hence the 20 sacks), and threw long balls (or 20 yard square-ins) all game long. Given the reps and shots taken, JTO's numbers were nothing to write home about.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It's obvious Smith is gone no matter what happens.

Why even bother with Smith threads?

He's gone.

not with this ownership

7 TD
6 INT
20 sacks

6 TD
9 INT
6 sacks

Are u forgetting all the fumbles he committed? He was awful. If we had Shaun Hill, Alex would have been benched since the Chiefs game.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Mike Martz

= more INT's, right? Like Cutler has this year? How does JTO throw less INT's and get sacked 20 times?

You all really need to think about why Alex is missing open receivers, not throwing to open receivers. That would lead him to playing more safe, right? Yet he's still throwing more INTs.
Week 2 that year vs. Seattle is, to this day, one of the guttiest performances I've ever seen by a QB...

20 of 32, 321 yds, 62.5% 1 TD 0 INTS 106.4 rating ----- he was sacked 8 times... hit hard on nearly every passing play the entire game.. and they win on the road in Seattle.

In reality though, it was just one game. JT doesn't have what it takes to be a pro QB week in and week out, though he does have more guts than I've ever seen from Alex.
All these comments bashing JTO?

Yet here we are. 0-5.

We all know JTO sucked...although he had some nice spurts...

...so here we are.

Can we begin to make a realization about our current QB?
Originally posted by jreff22:
Mike Martz

= more INT's, right? Like Cutler has this year? How does JTO throw less INT's and get sacked 20 times?

You all really need to think about why Alex is missing open receivers, not throwing to open receivers. That would lead him to playing more safe, right? Yet he's still throwing more INTs.

tipped balls, big difference....still an INT but different

[ Edited by jreff22 on Oct 11, 2010 at 08:46:33 ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Week 2 that year vs. Seattle is, to this day, one of the guttiest performances I've ever seen by a QB...

20 of 32, 321 yds, 62.5% 1 TD 0 INTS 106.4 rating ----- he was sacked 8 times... hit hard on nearly every passing play the entire game.. and they win on the road in Seattle.

In reality though, it was just one game. JT doesn't have what it takes to be a pro QB week in and week out, though he does have more guts than I've ever seen from Alex.

But Alex has "potential" it just hasn't been tapped. My momma he does. If he does then so does JTO.

Everyone who is bashing JTO here is missing the point. Put "Osullivan" on the back of #11 this year and you would still be bashing JTO.