LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Talk about a Niner locker room divided

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Say what you want but what VD and Gore did was split a locker room with their actions. Anything can happen this season and the last thing you want to do is undermind your coaches and fans by putting a player before the team. Smith could go down and the last memory Carr is gonna have is the two weapons he would need didn't even want him in the game even if he throws like the old 30's players he's going in. They know a new qb will spread the ball around and that wouldn't be that bad of an idea with all the talent we have. The defense wouldn't know wat to expect. We wanted a change we need a change and I love these players but I'm a lil disgusted with their stance. Team first not players feelings, that kind of thinking is hurting us.
uhh, maybe some of the players like Gore and Davis know that Smith isn't the problem. Maybe its Dingleberry's smashmouth football.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Smith proved he wasn't the problem last night, if you ask me.
Originally posted by kray28:

We lost by 3 points and he get up a fumble for touchdown. He screwed up by play all by himself.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame

That's absolutely not true. Alex has occasional flashes of briliance, but he has never done that for more than two drives in a game that I can ever remember, andit has always been combined with flashes of Ryan Leaf, and they are always done in the same game. It's not his potential, it's his inconsistency that's the problem, and after 6 years in the league, I don't know if he can fix that or not anymore. It's part of his DNA.
Originally posted by Shaj:

That's absolutely not true. Alex has occasional flashes of briliance, but he has never done that for more than two drives in a game that I can ever remember, andit has always been combined with flashes of Ryan Leaf, and they are always done in the same game. It's not his potential, it's his inconsistency that's the problem, and after 6 years in the league, I don't know if he can fix that or not anymore. It's part of his DNA.

and hoping that your own team loses just so you can say you were right is part of your DNA. gtfo troll.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boriken_9er:

We lost by 3 points and he get up a fumble for touchdown. He screwed up by play all by himself.

Did you see Vernon slip and fall on the hook route, or were your eyes closed and simply listening to Collinsworth's endless stream of sweet nothings?

And Gore fumbled 2x...Nedney missed a FG...

All he is saying is that Smith wasn't the only reason the team lost.

Did you see Vernon slip and fall on the hook route, or were your eyes closed and simply listening to Collinsworth's endless stream of sweet nothings?

Come on man, two picks and the fumble, Alex may not be THE problem, but he turns the ball over way too often for this team to win.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The last pick was not on Alex. And the impact of the first INT was to pin the Eagles at their own 3 yd line.

I'm okay with those deep ball INTs, to be honest. At least he was throwing it deep for a change.

Still, it might have helped if Ginn had at least turned around to track the ball on that play.

• Pick6
  • Veteran

Exactly... I was screaming at collinsworth after watching the replay... idiot. Davis went down and I think there was a LB right there inside of him who would have been all alone. The ball would have been incomplete at best... pick 6 (and here it comes) at worst.

How about Gore's TWO fumbles? Nedney missed a 40 yd field goal! Smith made it a 3 point game... it could have been worse.

NO this would/will not DIVIDE a locker room... unless the division is between David Carr and the rest of the team. The players want to win and I think its obvious their best chance to win is with Smith.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by Shaj:

and hoping that your own team loses just so you can say you were right is part of your DNA. gtfo troll.

excuse me? wow, pretty low class commentary.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
misleading thread title is..............misleading.
This is 100% NOT TRUE. Nobody really wants David Carr in the game, even the cockroach fans that chanted for him last night. Frank and Vernon could have let Alex go down in flames, but instead they defended their QB from Dingletary and the cockroach fans.
Originally posted by pdxredandgold:

Come on man, two picks and the fumble, Alex may not be THE problem, but he turns the ball over way too often for this team to win.

Yes. Starts at the top. It's not all on Smith, but the guy who handles the ball on every offensive snap has to set a higher standard. Smith has pretty good physical tools, but ironically, it's his 3-4 bonehead plays per game that are killing us. Guy has books smarts, but not great football smarts. Shame.
Share 49ersWebzone