There are 301 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn: Fire Singletary - NOW

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Fire him now? And who becomes the HC? Obviously, when you replace the HC during the season, the replacement comes from within the organization. Lets see.....

Manusky? Another defensive minded HC? I doubt it. Unless he was willing to give the OC FULL AND COMPLETE control over the offense.
Johnson? I doubt this one also. He brings about the same amount of exp as Sing did when he was hired.
Solari? I don't really know much about him. I do know he hasn't done s**t for the offensive line. The starters are nothing but 1st and 2nd round picks, and they have been horrible this season.
Rathman? A Niner legend, but that doesn't mean squat as a HC.

I couldn't see the brass promoting anyone other than these four.

great post

Agreed
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Method:
Blah blah blah, reading Lowell Cohn is getting so old. The guy only has something to say when things are going bad, and that's when EVERYONE has something to say.

Well the guy has point and is right on. Also things have been going bad for the last 8 years if hadn't noticed or maybe your to young to remember.
Fire him now? And who becomes the HC? Obviously, when you replace the HC during the season, the replacement comes from within the organization. Lets see.....

Manusky? Another defensive minded HC? I doubt it. Unless he was willing to give the OC FULL AND COMPLETE control over the offense.
Johnson? I doubt this one also. He brings about the same amount of exp as Sing did when he was hired.
Solari? I don't really know much about him. I do know he hasn't done s**t for the offensive line. The starters are nothing but 1st and 2nd round picks, and they have been horrible this season.

Not alway from with in, back in the day a retired coach might come in to run the team until a replacement could be found, I like george Siefert in the role, he could do a little organizing, he should at least be considered as an "Assistant Head coach" along side Singletary for the remainder of the season.

As for dumping Sing now, Hell yes, if we can't find an old hand to see this season to the end, then let Solari run the team. It does not matter who runs this team it is to late to make a major changes and our season is shot, so why wait, fire Sing now.

Start looking for a real Football man to act as President of this team, let him select a Gm and let them select a Head coach together, then this new Head coach ca fire this entire coaching staff down to the equipment guys and the water boys and start over this time with discipline. This sloppy ass team is as poorly coached as I have ever seen! 15 turn overs in 5 games! penalties. and missed assignments galore, all of it points to Singletary's lack of organization!

FIRE SING NOW, start re re building!
we need to start over
  • titan
  • Veteran
So Sing lost the game? I could swear it was 3 fumbles and 1 was returned for a touchdown.
Don't believe it when he says the team made mistakes and they need to stop making mistakes. As usual, he said that after the game. “The more turnovers you have the less chance you have to win.” Well-coached teams do not make the truckload of mistakes the 49ers always make — 15 turnovers in five games. Singletary's 49ers are a sloppy, undisciplined, poorly-coached bunch and he is the coach. ~Cohn

LOL, so sad.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Singletary needs to go....but not now. No point in that.

If the Niners at least want to have a chance at salvaging some dignity, they need to stick this out for the season.

In the meantime, feelers to prospective replacements need to be going out NOW.
Originally posted by titan:
So Sing lost the game? I could swear it was 3 fumbles and 1 was returned for a touchdown.

Have you ever played or coached football?

Drop the ball in practice, give me 20 push-ups take a lap and sit on the sideline til I call you.

There are literally hundreds of drill on ball security, Singletary needs to find another one, the ones he is running are not getting through to his players.

This is the hard part, making players do things over and over and over until they get it right, players hate this, it bores coaches silly, and takes away from installing new plays, but if you can't do the little things right no point in learning the big things!

So yea, it's coaching, who leads this group of coaches.... that's right he has to go!

He has to go because he CAN NOT COACH!
Originally posted by Shaj:
he's not telling you what you want to hear, that's the problem. I don't see a single thing in that article that I disagree with.

He's a very negative person, that's the type of articles he's most known for, and that's the type of people he writes for.

I'm not a completely negative person.

Singletary is doing a horrible job, and being incredibly stubborn with our offense, but firing him right now would be pointless.

It would not necessarily be pointless. Perhaps Jed will replace Sing from within, long term. Or maybe Jed wants to groom somebody else.

Giving another rookie HC some experience before starting their own season would not be pointless.

Tell me, were you more or less confident in Singletary in 2009 because of his experience in 2008?

Answer, you were more confident, hence his coaching time in 2008 was not pointless.

For the record I am not saying I want Sing replaced, let alone replaced with anyone on the current staff, let alone replaced by anyone on the current staff for the rest of this season plus 2011. I am just saying, it doesn't have to be pointless.
fire him once we're mathematically eliminated then tank the rest of the way to get Andrew Luck.

only point I agreed about was no change in the running game, everything is still straight up the gut with Norris 'leading' the way
I don't like Singletary but I like Cohn even less.
Blah blah blah, reading Lowell Cohn is getting so old. The guy only has something to say when things are going bad, and that's when EVERYONE has something to say.

Exactly, Every nobody has all the answers. The worst thing the 49ers could do is fire Singletary 5 games in. I want him around next year too. With a little tweaking to his methods.

[ Edited by JoeCool031619 on Oct 11, 2010 at 11:09:49 ]
Originally posted by killajay209:
too bad I agree with him!!!!

Sullivan? Not that he's qualifiedbut at least he would get the WRs involved.
Share 49ersWebzone