LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 225 users in the forums

Lowell Cohn: Fire Singletary - NOW

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".
too bad I agree with him!!!!
lowell cohn is an idiot and no one cares what he has to say.

moving on.............
Originally posted by skynet907:
Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

You can pull down a quotation to cover anything at all. Anything. It's pretty meaningless as arguments go.
Lowell Cohn wrote a book about Bill Walsh when he returned to Stanford and had a friendship with him while he was the 49ers coach and THINKS he knows all about coaching because a great coach told him some secrets. Ever since the York's turned Walsh away when he wanted to be a consultant to the team, Cohn has had a hard on for the organization and is nothing but negative because his "friend", was turned away. Lowell Cohn is a whiny POS who likes to stir the pot every chance he gets. Singletary sucks, but firing him now serves no purpose. Move along Lowell. No cares about your horse sh1t column anyway.
Masterpiece.
If we did fire Sing and bench Smith, what then?

We'll see the same results only worse because now the team is in more crap then it was before. Players wont play because every things up in the air and theres so much unrest that nothing these players in 9ers uniform would matter.

1st down: Carr sacked
2nd down: Gore for -4yrds
3rd down: Carr throws to Crabtree, intercepted.

We are between a rock and a hard place. If we drop the only thing we know we go into the unknown and we become every other teams b***hes. Players may not care so much or play that extra effort because its a now fast sinking ship because we just threw the commander chief and his first officer off the boat! Which mean less people to bail this season out.

We gotta ride this thing out. Better the devil you know then the one you dont I say.

Hate the way things are going but I dont want to even consider the alternatives.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
lol...firing him is no solution. People who are asking for Singletary's or Alex's head need to first realize that we don't have anyone who can step in and do a better job.

Be proactive, not reactive.
Originally posted by ace49ers:

We'll see the same results only worse because now the team is in more crap then it was before. Players wont play because every things up in the air and theres so much unrest that nothing these players in 9ers uniform would matter.

We are between a rock and a hard place. If we drop the only thing we know we go into the unknown and we become every other teams b***hes. Players may not care so much or play that extra effort because its a now fast sinking ship because we just threw the commander chief and his first officer off the boat! Which mean less people to bail this season out.

We gotta ride this thing out. Better the devil you know then the one you dont I say.

Hate the way things are going but I dont want to even consider the alternatives.

firing them is the only light at the end of the tunnel. this season is a wash, but firing them at least offers the glimmer of a chance that thing will change for the better down the road.

nothing can happen until that step is taken.

[ Edited by skynet907 on Oct 11, 2010 at 03:39:49 ]
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
lol...firing him is no solution. People who are asking for Singletary's or Alex's head need to first realize that we don't have anyone who can step in and do a better job.

Be proactive, not reactive.

He'll be sacked at the end of the season.

firing them is the only light at the end of the tunnel. this season is a wash, but firing them at least offers the glimmer of a chance that thing will change for the better down the road.

The first problem with that theory is that the same people who brought both Sing and Smith here, the Yorks, are still making all the moves, so I am not confident they will be able to make it right the second time around. And the second problem is that Gruden may be willing to come here, but the reason the team didn't pursue a coach of his caliber to begin with was because these b*****ds, the York's, dont' want to break no bread for a Gruden/Cowher type coach. I agree with the glimmer of hope, but at this point, the real glimmer will be a move to LA because we would no doubt get another team in SF like the Browns did in the Ravens situation or a sell of the team. Other than that...

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Oct 11, 2010 at 04:07:25 ]
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:

The first problem with that theory is that the same people who brought both Sing and Smith here, the Yorks, are still making all the moves. And the second problem is that Gruden may be willing to come here, but the reason the team didn't pursue a coach of his caliber to begin with was because these b*****ds, the York's, dont' want to break no bread for a Gruden/Cowher type coach. I agree with the glimmer of hope, but at this point, the real glimmer will be a move to LA because we would no doubt get another team in SF like the Browns did in the Ravens situation or a sell of the team. Other than that...

I understand that 0-5 is depressing. The Niners aren't mathematically eliminated yet, however, and we are only 5 games into the season. I'm not ready to jump off a bridge and give up on the season. There is still hope, especially seeing how the team hasn't given up even though they have lost some close tough games.

Further, one should only make a change at such important positions if you have something better to replace them with. Currently the Niners don't have anyone better on staff to replace either Smith or Singletary, so they would be stupid to replace them.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Fire him now? And who becomes the HC? Obviously, when you replace the HC during the season, the replacement comes from within the organization. Lets see.....

Manusky? Another defensive minded HC? I doubt it. Unless he was willing to give the OC FULL AND COMPLETE control over the offense.
Johnson? I doubt this one also. He brings about the same amount of exp as Sing did when he was hired.
Solari? I don't really know much about him. I do know he hasn't done s**t for the offensive line. The starters are nothing but 1st and 2nd round picks, and they have been horrible this season.
Rathman? A Niner legend, but that doesn't mean squat as a HC.

I couldn't see the brass promoting anyone other than these four.

great post
  • nooj
  • Veteran
There is no viable candidate. Just like there is no viable candidate to take over for Alex Smith.

So FAIL on both parts.
Share 49ersWebzone