There are 234 users in the forums

What Singletary said to Smith!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Brew:
Wait so Alex is the one that wanted to come out?

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

So we don't know the FULL story.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

What about the game killing INT on the last drive that was putting Nedny in a spot to tie the game? Way to be consistent, don't you think?

Alex got absolutely CREAMED on that throw.

I'm gobsmacked that you even blame him 100% for that. I blame the Line for not giving him time to throw it.

"Right Alex, well you should have channeled your inner psychic to see that you were toast the moment you took your three step drop."

My Lord man please stop at the concession booth to buy a clue on your way out Alex will autograph it the next time you attend a game.

~Ceadder

You are such a pompous fool. You know that? You ever go back and read your self-important comments/ As though you are somebody special, you are not.

Watch out, he'll tell on you.

ROFL
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by Hades49:

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

What about the game killing INT on the last drive that was putting Nedny in a spot to tie the game? Way to be consistent, don't you think?

I'm in no way a smith supporter or Alexcuser, but C'mon man. He was hit when the Oline couldn't hold their guys on that last interception

but everything has to be smith's fault, remember

seriously, how is he gonna be accurate when he gets hit halfway through his throw? he couldnt follow thru because he got decked. the line broke down on a very important play and thats why were having this conversation.

Then don't throw the ball. How about that? Take the sack and get the next play.

Riiight then you would be in here talking about how he took a sack on a crucial 3rd and 10 and that he should've gotten rid of the ball

Yeah, because having to talk about a game-killing INT is soooo much better.
Its simple bottom line is the line does there job on that last play thats a completion.

The alex hate has blinded many of you with the s**ty play of this team
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Its simple bottom line is the line does there job on that last play thats a completion.

You mean the screen pass he effed up on?

Those blitzes were near all out blitzes. He needs to make the hot read. It's 4 down territory so have some sense and throw it at the feet of a RB or receiver in the area. Kolb did this to avoid a sack.
Originally posted by Joecool:

Those blitzes were near all out blitzes. He needs to make the hot read. It's 4 down territory so have some sense and throw it at the feet of a RB or receiver in the area. Kolb did this to avoid a sack.

No not the screen he f**ked that up. The last play the INT if our line actually does there job for once thats a completion

No not the screen he f**ked that up. The last play the INT if our line actually does there job for once thats a completion

How there was no one there!
Originally posted by kstolai:

Yeah, that is assuming a lot to say it would have been a completion. The fact is, it shouldn't have been thrown.
Originally posted by kstolai:

Yeah, that is assuming a lot to say it would have been a completion. The fact is, it shouldn't have been thrown.

He clearly had a wide open man and he saw him this god awful line cant do a simple task they needed to block for one more second and thats a completion unless it gets dropped. He got popped just as he threw it causing it to sail right. I would have thrown that too.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

~Ceadder

5 TURNOVERS

WE LOST BY 3 POINTS WITH A CHANCE TO COMEBACK

SING AND THE DEFENSE IS NOT TO BLAME

IT'S ALEX SMITH

IS HE NOT A 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK WITH 4-6 YEARS EXPERIENCE?

How does the missed field goal fit into your equation?

After Alex drives and scores we are down by how many points, oh yeah, exactly 7 but when he takes the field again we are down by how many? that would be 10 my friend and that is where you fall short in your argument. The D had to get a 3 and out in that situation and they didn't did they? You think the Steelers, Ravens, Jets, etc., don't get a stop in that situation? Now I'm not saying the D is the reason we lost and the offense and Alex played great but lets not fool ourselfs by saying the D played no part in this loss cause they did.

I see the whole team blowing it, but the reason my discussions are usually about Alex Smith is because certain people defend him to no end and make excuses for everything he did wrong and the things they can't deny, like the fumble for a TD, they try to act like those things didn't matter.

A lot of people have started to see the light regarding Alex Smith, but there are still plenty of people who can't admit when he f*cks up. Underthrown ball for an INT? 100% Ginn's fault. Stupid fumble for a TD? Doesn't matter because the defense gave up 20 points (even though we put up more points than the defense gave up) and Frank Gore fumbled twice before that. Oh, let's not forget that Nedney missed a gimme field goal, so Smith's fumble didn't matter. Forced pass for an INT at the end of the game? Guess what? That was 100% on the O-Line and Alex had NOTHING to do with that AT ALL. Alex kills 3 scoring drives for at least 9 points against ATL? Doesn't matter, it was Nate Clements' fault for fumbling even though the game would have been out of reach for Atlanta by that time had Smith not blown those drives. But nope, it was all Nate Clements. See the pattern?

I don't hate the kid, but I find it ridiculous that these people cannot admit when he messes up and try to divert the blame in any direction not pointed towards Alex. I give him props when he plays well, why can't they just admit when he doesn't?

Originally posted by rk1642:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

~Ceadder

5 TURNOVERS

WE LOST BY 3 POINTS WITH A CHANCE TO COMEBACK

SING AND THE DEFENSE IS NOT TO BLAME

IT'S ALEX SMITH

IS HE NOT A 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK WITH 4-6 YEARS EXPERIENCE?

How does the missed field goal fit into your equation?

After Alex drives and scores we are down by how many points, oh yeah, exactly 7 but when he takes the field again we are down by how many? that would be 10 my friend and that is where you fall short in your argument. The D had to get a 3 and out in that situation and they didn't did they? You think the Steelers, Ravens, Jets, etc., don't get a stop in that situation? Now I'm not saying the D is the reason we lost and the offense and Alex played great but lets not fool ourselfs by saying the D played no part in this loss cause they did.

How does 9+ turnovers sit with you? Nedney isn't a consistent problem.

How would you feel if Nedney was missing a FG every game? It sure as hell wouldn't be the defenses fault, Singletary's fault, or the OL's fault. You would want Nedney replaced.

Smith is the direct result of almost 3 turnovers a game. Ponder that one while you are blaming Nedney.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I see the whole team blowing it, but the reason my discussions are usually about Alex Smith is because certain people defend him to no end and make excuses for everything he did wrong and the things they can't deny, like the fumble for a TD, they try to act like those things didn't matter.

A lot of people have started to see the light regarding Alex Smith, but there are still plenty of people who can't admit when he f*cks up. Underthrown ball for an INT? 100% Ginn's fault. Stupid fumble for a TD? Doesn't matter because the defense gave up 20 points (even though we put up more points than the defense gave up) and Frank Gore fumbled twice before that. Oh, let's not forget that Nedney missed a gimme field goal, so Smith's fumble didn't matter. Forced pass for an INT at the end of the game? Guess what? That was 100% on the O-Line and Alex had NOTHING to do with that AT ALL. Alex kills 3 scoring drives for at least 9 points against ATL? Doesn't matter, it was Nate Clements' fault for fumbling even though the game would have been out of reach for Atlanta by that time had Smith not blown those drives. But nope, it was all Nate Clements. See the pattern?

I don't hate the kid, but I find it ridiculous that these people cannot admit when he messes up and try to divert the blame in any direction not pointed towards Alex. I give him props when he plays well, why can't they just admit when he doesn't?

This is exactly how I feel.

These same people that are making excuses for Smith wanted every other QB who has started for us in the past five years benched right away!! Those QB could do no right even when they had better games than Alex Smith's career best.

Now, Smith is playing exactly as those QB played and Smith has better talent around him but it's not Smith's fault.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
The 1st INT was due to Ginn not being a Receiver. He shouldn't even be on the field when the Offense is. He's not a good Receiver and doesn't understand when to turn around. If that was Rice, Bruce, Battle, Taylor friggin Jacobs, that wouldn't have been and Interception cause they would have turned around once they got within 10 yards of the End Zone and made a play on the ball. Instead Ginn runs pell mell to the End Zone doesn't look back and the DB does.

Good play by the DB, bad form on Ginn and Smith looks bad on a play that every QB would look like a hero by one of the aforementioned Receivers.

We have Vernon and Crabtree for the outroutes and Ziggy can take the intermediate and Morgan and Gore can take Dumpoff and shallow routes. Ginn doesn't need to be on that field at that time. Solid returner. Sh!tty option at Receiver.

~Ceadder

Yep, it had nothing to do with the ball being underthrown.
Go back and look at the play again. It was not underthrown. It was right where it gave Ginn a chance to go up for the ball and make a play, but he didn't. Throw that same ball up to Morgan and he will at least knock it down if not catch. Too bad Morgan doesn't have Ginn's speed.

It should have been thrown over the top, not where Ginn would have to go up and fight for the ball. He isn't Larry Fitzgerald and Smith knows this.

When a receiver is streaking and has to stop, turn around and try to get a jump ball, it's an underthrown pass.

I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but that ball was not accurate, either.
Ginn's performance on that pass was an example of why Miami cut him. He had a chance to make a play but didn't. Period.

Quarterbacks rarely throw perfect passes 50 yards down the field, even if their first name if Peyton. A receiver has a job to do. He can't expect the ball to fall into his front pocket on every throw.

Like I said, I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but the underthrown ball is the primary reason it was intercepted.
The pass was not underthrown. It was thrown toward the sideline while Ginn was on the inside. If there was a mistake, it was that is should have been on the inside, not the outside, but it wasn't underthrown.

So if we want to talk about technique; ideally the receiver would have the inside of the field if there is no safety coming over to help. If there is safety help, the receiver would try to get to the sideline and force the CB to allow him space to catch the ball while using the CB to shield off safety help.

All of this assumes both QB and WR make the same read. In this case we don't know that answer but we do know that Ginn, with his speed should have been able to get enough space to look back and play the ball. Ginn did none of that and the DB made the pick.

In summary, Smith made the kind of throw everyone here, as well as Steve Young, said he should make. Put it up and let the receiver make a play. In that situation, the WR MUST MAKE A PLAY ON THE BALL TO EITHER CATCH IT OR PREVENT THE DB FROM DOING SO. Ginn didn't.

Though Morgan doesn't have great speed, in that particular situation we have seen him either make the catch or know it down. That is what should have happened.

I'm sorry but Smith gets a pass on that throw. Not on some of the others but he does on that throw.

I 100% agree with you. Smith has played just awful this year but he takes almost all of the abuse. He f**ked up the Ginn INT and the fumble last night. Hes f**ked up a lot this year. But THIS team is filled with a bunch of losers. People bash Alex for not being a winner and how he cant win a game. LOL! this team doesn't know how to win games. The coaching staff is just god awful, the D is below average. Have we made a crucial stop yet? f**k had it not been for Mccoy having a brain fart we never see the field on that last drive.

The s**t this guy has to put up with from fans is just sad. He clearly is a problem but is not the biggest problem on the team and he isn't a soulution either. Coaching staff never puts us in position to win. Horrible use of talent. The D is filled with a bunch of athletic idiots except for Manny, Willis and Smith. They have no idea how to tackle, no idea how to take proper angles and have 0 awarness. The 0-line sucks plain and simple. They can hardly block their men. Why the f**k dont we ever try zone blocking?? This team is a joke. People need to stop riding smiths jock and relize he isnt the answer and people need to take off there anti smith blinders and realize that there are bigger problems than Alex. This team is not a playoff caliber team.
The 1st INT was due to Ginn not being a Receiver. He shouldn't even be on the field when the Offense is. He's not a good Receiver and doesn't understand when to turn around. If that was Rice, Bruce, Battle, Taylor friggin Jacobs, that wouldn't have been and Interception cause they would have turned around once they got within 10 yards of the End Zone and made a play on the ball. Instead Ginn runs pell mell to the End Zone doesn't look back and the DB does.

Good play by the DB, bad form on Ginn and Smith looks bad on a play that every QB would look like a hero by one of the aforementioned Receivers.

We have Vernon and Crabtree for the outroutes and Ziggy can take the intermediate and Morgan and Gore can take Dumpoff and shallow routes. Ginn doesn't need to be on that field at that time. Solid returner. Sh!tty option at Receiver.

~Ceadder

Yep, it had nothing to do with the ball being underthrown.
Go back and look at the play again. It was not underthrown. It was right where it gave Ginn a chance to go up for the ball and make a play, but he didn't. Throw that same ball up to Morgan and he will at least knock it down if not catch. Too bad Morgan doesn't have Ginn's speed.

It should have been thrown over the top, not where Ginn would have to go up and fight for the ball. He isn't Larry Fitzgerald and Smith knows this.

When a receiver is streaking and has to stop, turn around and try to get a jump ball, it's an underthrown pass.

I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but that ball was not accurate, either.
Ginn's performance on that pass was an example of why Miami cut him. He had a chance to make a play but didn't. Period.

Quarterbacks rarely throw perfect passes 50 yards down the field, even if their first name if Peyton. A receiver has a job to do. He can't expect the ball to fall into his front pocket on every throw.

Like I said, I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but the underthrown ball is the primary reason it was intercepted.
The pass was not underthrown. It was thrown toward the sideline while Ginn was on the inside. If there was a mistake, it was that is should have been on the inside, not the outside, but it wasn't underthrown.

So if we want to talk about technique; ideally the receiver would have the inside of the field if there is no safety coming over to help. If there is safety help, the receiver would try to get to the sideline and force the CB to allow him space to catch the ball while using the CB to shield off safety help.

All of this assumes both QB and WR make the same read. In this case we don't know that answer but we do know that Ginn, with his speed should have been able to get enough space to look back and play the ball. Ginn did none of that and the DB made the pick.

In summary, Smith made the kind of throw everyone here, as well as Steve Young, said he should make. Put it up and let the receiver make a play. In that situation, the WR MUST MAKE A PLAY ON THE BALL TO EITHER CATCH IT OR PREVENT THE DB FROM DOING SO. Ginn didn't.

Though Morgan doesn't have great speed, in that particular situation we have seen him either make the catch or know it down. That is what should have happened.

I'm sorry but Smith gets a pass on that throw. Not on some of the others but he does on that throw.

I'd ask you to explain how it wasn't underthrown, but I'd get a bunch of babble just like this.

Bottom line, Ginn is streaking to the end zone. He would have had to stop, turn around and come back a few yards to make that play. And that's not an underthrown ball? OK.

If you think that play was designed to have Ginn going up with a defender to snatch the ball out of the air, you need help.
Share 49ersWebzone