LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Oakland Raiders)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
that call was bullsht
The intentional grounding call was rediculous. It obviously wasn't grounding.

I felt the safety possibility was the wrong call as well because it was either a safety, or he was about 5 yards further forward when he started (voluntarily) going backward. Apparently, since he was already going backward they marked the spot at the moment a defender contacted him.

Either way, those calling Sing an idiot for not challenging and arguing that you can always challenge the spot are totally wrong. It is spelled out in the challenge rules that forward progress is not reviewable. You cannot challenge to argue that it was or wasn't the end of forward progress and you can't challenge the spot. It is crystal clear (and well known by most, but obviously not all) that you cannot challenge ball spots on plays that were whistled dead by forward progress. It comes up every week so I'm pretty surprised that people who care enough to post on a forum haven't heard of the rule before.

[ Edited by mug0mug on Oct 17, 2010 at 23:48:30 ]
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
And DAMN WHAT A FEELING. Im just saying to all you peeps saying dont go to the games and stop buying tix. Look I was there the raiders fans were talking SOOOOO much s**t that we almost fought some people and when we came out the second half and started whooping that ass omg let me tell you I have NEVER felt a better feeling in my life. We were getting on the fans and as soon as they starting leaving with 5 min left we were talking so much smack it felt great as a first win over the gay ass Raiders and to win the last 3 meetings but just the fans rejoicing after the win. Wouldnt be anywhere else at that point in time. Here is us after the game and after all the rain fall we stood thru. GET SOME RAIDERS
You can't blame Sing for not trying on that non-safety call.

I think there's a bigger issue here in that many rules are far too vague in their language, and that goes for what is or isn't reviewable. A prime example is the Calvin Johnson catch rule. Have you read the actual rule there? Just silly.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Not to mention the Fumble Bush had in the beginning of the game and they didnt get the call as the refs screw us again.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
that was so funny when sing was yelling at the ref. "Man quit lying."
Originally posted by strickac:
I thought the grounding penalty was hilarious. Smith overthrew him so bad, it drew a flag. He wasn't even pressured. You don't even see that crap in high school football.

lol there was definitely some miss communication on that play
cool story bro
Glad you had fun. No actual fights this year? Last 49ers/Raiders game, there was a pretty big fight.
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
I'm not sure why no announcer or poster or writer has mentioned this, but by the rule book that could not possibly have been intentional grounding. Forget about the ball and the route. The rule states:

"Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion."

Go back and watch the play. There is no imminent loss of yardage. Basically, if you're not about to be sacked you can throw it 40 rows into the seats if you want and it's not grounding. The refs missed this, the coaches missed it, the announcers missed it. I don't know how so many people whose jobs it is to know the book can be so totally lost.

Yeah, I was getting pretty annoyed with is. Gannon mentioned it A LITTLE though when they watched the replay. He noted there was no pressure, but he felt more like talking about the miscommunication between Alex and his WR.

Wasn't Singletary yelling about a WR being in the vicinity? That's a dumb argument. Argue about the lack of pressure and the miscommunication, Sing!

I was there too and man it was great we talked sooooo much s**t! The chants of Raiders Suck were awesome and like you said the looks on those raider fans faces as they walked out was priceless! On a side note I saw at least 3 fights in my section.
It's gonna be a good week for me!
The Raider's fans at work are gonna suffer a very long miserable week.

VERY VERY LONG.
Originally posted by pelos21:
It's gonna be a good week for me!
nobody says not to go to games and or buy tickets. Do what you please. But realize, YOU ARE the Yorks focus group. Their goal is to sell out without having to field a winner, and they know this is possible due to the "I go for the experience" ticket holder.
Share 49ersWebzone