LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Oakland Raiders)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Radas suck this bad? Wow.

Nothing has changed. Smith is simply just not special, but he can succeed at a tolerable level when Sing is not influencing the play-calling.

Sing, and others, will see this win as a vindication of the system and a major turn-around. It isn't.

The D is good, but again I fear Sing gets involved in it and takes away some creativity.

Funniest moment (except for the usual sad clown Raider fans in cartoon garb. It is all they know): It looked like Sing was trying to motivate Smith with QB instructions after an incompletion and Smith gave him a look and a comment that clearly was "WTF are you talking about..."
Originally posted by carlgo:
The Radas suck this bad? Wow.

Nothing has changed. Smith is simply just not special, but he can succeed at a tolerable level when Sing is not influencing the play-calling.

Sing, and others, will see this win as a vindication of the system and a major turn-around. It isn't.

The D is good, but again I fear Sing gets involved in it and takes away some creativity.

Funniest moment (except for the usual sad clown Raider fans in cartoon garb. It is all they know): It looked like Sing was trying to motivate Smith with QB instructions after an incompletion and Smith gave him a look and a comment that clearly was "WTF are you talking about..."

I missed that. Someone needs to make a .gif of that.
-Summary-

Pros: We were opening it up big-time (Alex was taking tons of shots down-field; regardless of hit or miss), and Johnson was pulling tons of creativity out of his sack of tricks (reverses, draws, screen-fakes which all resulted in mass-yardage/points on all scoring drives).-Oh and we converted a lot of first downs from 1st/2nd down situations, with zero turnovers.

BIG PRO: WE PLAYED AGGRESSIVE, AND SCORED WHILST STILL HOLDING A LEAD. -Something we hadn't done previously (all season).

Cons
: We faced a team that's just as porous/mediocre/poorly-coached/disorganized as us (not to mention their run-D is one of the worst in the league).

Oh and Jason Campbell was their starting QB, that gave us a wider advantage going into this game today.

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 17, 2010 at 17:40:26 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
-Summary-

Pros: We were opening it up big-time (Alex was taking tons of shots down-field; regardless of hit or miss), and Johnson was pulling tons of creativity out of his sack of tricks (reverses, draws, screen-fakes which all resulted in mass-yardage/points on all scoring drives).-Oh and we converted a lot of first downs from 1st/2nd down situations, with zero turnovers.

BIG PRO: WE PLAYED AGGRESSIVE, AND SCORED WHILST STILL HOLDING A LEAD. -Something we hadn't done previously (all season)

Cons
: We faced a team that's just as porous/mediocre/poorly-coached/disorganized as us (not to mention their run-D is one of the worst in the league).

Oh and Jason Campbell was the starter, that gave us a wider advantage going into this game today.

We didn't play aggressive after obtaining a small lead. The play calling turned to run run pass punt. The only difference was that Gore broke that long run where on all the other run plays he didn't.
Their QB was worse than ours.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
W
I want to start a "Things More Exciting to Watch Than a Niners-Raiders Game" thread. Here is my entry:

i'm glad the Raiders passed on Crabtree
Originally posted by Afrikan:
has a QB that is better than Jason Campbell?

as much as I'm sure some on here are happy with Alex's play...for the first 5 drives I believe we punted...and the Raiders couldn't do anything with that. I'm just happy they were dumb enough to stick with Campbell instead of Boller, who played well at the end of his career with the Ravens.

a couple of things that helped us win this game.

horrible safety play by the Raiders...on more than one occasion we had WRs running deep wide open.

and a huge run by Gore that set up that play action to Vernon.

besides that Perfect pass to a wide open Crabtree.....Alex had a few nice regular passes here and there...but nothing that was encouraging in the long run, imo.

his numbers look good because of no turnovers...and that shows how important it is for our team that we don't have turnovers on offense.

but still, I didn't see anything *NEW* from Alex or the offense that has me excited...it seemed like the old offense that run Gore no matter what then hope the defense f's up. I don't see this working with many teams on our schedule.

either way, first win....I'm happy for the players....I know this must've been tough for them.

You have always been a hater of alex , just troll feeding at best .
we still suck, poorly coached. the oline is a huge huge problem

Originally posted by WestCoast:
we still suck, poorly coached. the oline is a huge huge problem

I agree with you 100 %
Originally posted by backontop:
-Summary-

BIG PRO: WE PLAYED AGGRESSIVE, AND SCORED WHILST STILL HOLDING A LEAD. -Something we hadn't done previously (all season)

Cons

Oh and Jason Campbell was the starter, that gave us a wider advantage going into this game today.

We didn't play aggressive after obtaining a small lead. The play calling turned to run run pass punt. The only difference was that Gore broke that long run where on all the other run plays he didn't.

Regardless, we scored whilst holding the lead, we didn't play scared for a measly 'separation' FG when we 'did' reach the redzone (thanks to Gore's lottery-ticket run); beyond even racking up a penalty.

This earns cred because of the fake-screen (on MJ's part) which led to the final V.Davis TD. Jimmy Raye would had just ran a draw in that situation, and we would have had to settle for a FG.
-Summary-

Cons

Regardless, we scored whilst holding the lead, we didn't play scared for a measly 'separation' FG when we 'did' reach the redzone (thanks to Gore's lottery-ticket run); beyond even racking up a penalty.

This earns cred because of the fake-screen (on MJ's part) which led to the final V.Davis TD. Jimmy Raye would had just ran a draw in that situation, and we would have had to settle for a FG.

Raye would have gone with 3 consecutive FB dives
  • BobS
  • Veteran
-Summary-

Cons

We didn't get aggressive until mid 3rd quarter when we were down 6-3, then went back to 2 yards and a cloud of dust after going up 10-6, the TV announcers kept talking about our vanilla offense. Maybe the coaching staff thinks all the players are dumb, so they install a Jr High offense so everyone understands.
I want to see them mix a lot more of gore, dixon and westbrook...how good did dixon look in that touchdown that was called back. It would be a nice change of pace.
Share 49ersWebzone