LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 183 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Oakland Raiders)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex had a good 2nd half, and thanks to the D for helping to close it out. Hope we can keep it up.
We won!

Smith was okay. Played well in the 2nd half, didn't turn the ball over at all. Made some plays that helped us win. Wasn't spectacular. Pretty much an inconclusive performance as far as his "future" is concerned, but it was enough for us to win today.

Gore was a beast.

Crabtree's TD catch was f**king awesome.

The D started terribly and then tightened up and really had a fantastic game (against a bad offense). Very impressed with Mays. we've got to seal the deal on sacks if we want to be successful though.

O-Line needs a shakeup. Was shocked that heitman didn't play (or did I miss him?). Davis was a turnstile, Staley kept making mistakes. We MUST do something about the o-line.

Special teams was okay. Spillman had a good game in coverage, Lee had a few good punts. Ginn had a nice return or two, nothing amazing, and our coverage units gave up a big return or two. A so-so ST day.

But I can't help feeling like we won in spite of Singletary, not because of him.

Anyway, its a win!!!! I hope that this gives the team confidence and a blueprint for how to win. Gotta build on this.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Good win, cleaned up the turnover problem this week, have some serious penalties in the first 3 quarters, poor coaching.

Alex looked better considering the horrible play of the offensive line but still made a lot of stupid mistakes early.

Frank Gore, played very solid, he is a warrior.

Crabtree is the real deal if we get him the ball.

Dingleberry is not a NFL coach, to many flags, player management, didn't challenge on the safety, bad time outs, argues with refs to much, etc.. I think he also holds back new OC Johnson and forces him to play vanilla.

Patrick Willis is still missing in action, lucky Spikes and Lawson have stepped up their game.

Mays is going to be a good pro.

Defense as a whole played really well, I say again, I do miss Patrick Willis of last year. The best players find ways to make plays even if the other team sends extra blockers his way, I hope he cleans it up.

Our return game is 100% better with a healthy Ginn.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
PLAY WESTBROOK AND DIXON MORE!!!

JEEBUS!!! Is it too hard to understand?????

definitely agree with this. Westbrook can still contribute. He needs to be planned to get 5-10 touches a game. Dixon really has some playmaking skills. Teams don't seem prepared for him when he comes in. I loved Gore's effort and heart today, but we need to work all the backs in. It will keep everyone fresh and keep the D on its toes. I think we would see more long gains by Gore if he got a little more rest throughout the game.
Super Bowl here we come!
No turnovers, running game making some strides, and Crabs seems to be getting on the same page as Smith!!! Need Morgan to do the same!! Spikes had a great game!!
That Spillman on special teams had some good plays as well!!!

I would like to see more Westbrook, Byham, and Zeigler!! The penalties needs some work as well!! GO NINERS!!! Playoffs!!! Jed said so!!! LOL
Still more work to be done, but it was nice to see the D make some adjustments. Offense still has trouble getting started and the OL still sucks (pretty much a new guy every week, this week Staley.) Good to build on, but they've only answered 1 of 16 questions so far.
BENCH CHILO RACHAL

BENCH CHILO RACHAL

BENCH CHILO RACHAL

BENCH CHILO RACHAL

Sorry. I'm just shocked that this guy is still on the field. How many times did they get through past him today? At least 5 times. AT LEAST.

[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 17, 2010 at 16:41:09 ]
We could have it so much better is all I have to say.

Dixon looks like a poor mans Stephen Jackson.

[ Edited by AllTimeGreat on Oct 17, 2010 at 16:42:07 ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Over joyed to see a win, but you won't beat many teams playing like the 49ers did today. We get another poor team in the Panthers next week, hopefully the team will continue to improve, it can't get much worse. The 9 men on the field on the field goal team and the 12 men on the field on the punt return team were ridiculous mistakes. The only reason mistakes like that could happen should be because of injuries and then a hurt player is supposed to be coached to go tell his back up to get on the field. I gotta say that reflects real poorly on the coaching staff. I see the 49ers making stupid mistakes that High School teams don't, and that is on the guy running the show.
I don't care if the 49ers finish 11-5, Dingletary needs to go, he couldn't run a Peewee team.

Playcalling was pretty poor until the 2 minute drill to end the first half and the latter portion of the second half.

Alex played fine...not bad, not great, but fine. I think this is actually the type of performance Sing envisions out of him...managing the game.

Dixon and Westbrook continue to demonstrate why the niners shouldn't rely solely on Gore. Where's the creativity in having these guys on the field with Gore? Norris sees the field way more than these two combined.

CJ Spillman looks like a good ST pickup.

Taylor Mays is impressive. Lays big hits, breaks on the ball well, and isn't caught out of position as much as I thought he would. Could be great if he continues to develop.
We WON

We could have done way better
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
BENCH CHILO RACHAL

BENCH CHILO RACHAL

BENCH CHILO RACHAL

BENCH CHILO RACHAL

Sorry. I'm just shocked that this guy is still on the turn. How many times did they get through past him today? At least 5 times. AT LEAST.

dont forget Alex Smith/ we won today because Jason Cambell played worse than him and bad turn overs/ plus our defense kept us in the game!!!
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Take out Chilo for Snyder/Heitmann.
Come up with some god damn new plays and maybe execute them.
Enough of the constant run up the middle and the even more predictable play action bootleg.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
BENCH CHILO RACHAL

BENCH CHILO RACHAL

BENCH CHILO RACHAL

BENCH CHILO RACHAL

Sorry. I'm just shocked that this guy is still on the field. How many times did they get through past him today? At least 5 times. AT LEAST.

Staley was godawful today too
Share 49ersWebzone