LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 266 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. Oakland Raiders)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by pelos21:
It's gonna be a good week for me!

Hell yeah, at least i can smile setting the tone for the week.
Good, but we are still 1-5.
I'm as happy as anyone for the win but I'm done with this coaching staff for the simple reason that they are incompetent. No other indicator of that is more obvious than the misuse of personnel?

Why are Dixon and Westbrook not used more often? How dumb do you have to be to not realize Gore can't continue to take this type of wear and tear?

Are these concepts too hard for this coaching staff to grasp?[/indent]
Originally posted by bigniner:
I'm as happy as anyone for the win but I'm done with this coaching staff for the simple reason that they are incompetent. No other indicator of that is more obvious than the misuse of personnel?

Why are Dixon and Westbrook not used more often? How dumb do you have to be to not realize Gore can't continue to take this type of wear and tear?

I think the most exciting play was Dixons TD that was called back.
Dude looked like a stud and even Gannon was was like "woah"
Westbrook catches 1 screen for like 20 yards.

Gotta agree with you but Frank is still a beast and our best offensive player. Probably one of the best in the league still.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Gotta agree with you but Frank is still a beast and our best offensive player. Probably one of the best in the league still.

He's not one of the best if he's huff'n and puff'n after a long run. He needs to be spelled at that point. This coaching staff is going to get him hurt and doesn't realize that with fresh legs in there they could be way more effective.
Originally posted by baybreaker707:

He's not one of the best if he's huff'n and puff'n after a long run. He needs to be spelled at that point. This coaching staff is going to get him hurt and doesn't realize that with fresh legs in there they could be way more effective.

But he did go out after his long run. That was the point when Dixon came in for him. Your point is invalrod!

He was taken out...thats when Big Dix came in....
Now it is 9er fans who are sounding like Raider fans, worrying about a vast conspiracy against them.

Smith has a reputation for throwing the ball away. The officials probably were looking for that, a point of emphasis. Stupid call on a routine missed route.

They don't seem to like to call safeties, always exaggerate the forward progress, but this was ridiculous.

Refs get graded. Wouldn't be surprised if there is some sort of apology.

This officiating crew won't be at the Super Bowl, but neither will the two teams.
  • Chico
  • Veteran

Dixon needs to play more! If Frank would have ran to the edge instead of running wishy washy, he could have had the TD! I love FG but the coaches are going to wear him down if they don't give him a break
Originally posted by strickac:
I thought the grounding penalty was hilarious. Smith overthrew him so bad, it drew a flag. He wasn't even pressured. You don't even see that crap in high school football.

he ran the wrong rought.

I wouldn't ask the League office to review that play and remind me of my ugly play.

That pass looked like it was halfway to South America, or like the ball and the "intended" WR were two cars passing each other on opposite ends of the interstate.
I agree that Dixon and Westbrook need to get more touches, but it's questionable whether Gore's being overworked. He's 7th in the league in rushes per game (avg. 19.33). You can argue that his average would be higher had we not been behind in most of our games.

He rushed 25 times against the Raiders, which was above his average so far this year, but we were also fortunately trying to wind down the clock at the end, so the increase makes sense.

Maybe you could give Dixon and Westbrook a bit more of Gore's load. But he's right around the top backs in the league, so I have trouble criticizing the coaches for that. I would definitely like to see more of Dixon and Westbrook though. Mike Johnson seems like a dynamic coach. Considering he's molding this offense on the fly, I wouldn't be surprised to see better player usage in the coming weeks.
Originally posted by Chico:

Dixon needs to play more! If Frank would have ran to the edge instead of running wishy washy, he could have had the TD! I love FG but the coaches are going to wear him down if they don't give him a break

Sing grasps his headset.
Our lack personnel usage goes far deeper than the RB position. We have a shotgun/spread QB with a multitude of weapons to choose from, yet we are sticking with a power running scheme. It really shows a lack of acumen, especially given the success the Offense has shown in such situations....just pure stupidity and stubbornness on the part of our coaching staff, the worst in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone