There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. OAKLAND RAIDERS GAMEDAY THREAD

Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by dj43:
Beware of the Raider speed.

The Raiders are faster than most 49er fans realize.

The 49ers are not as fast as most 49er fans think.

This game is not going to be easy for that reason.

Asomugha is the reason this game won't be easy. You don't throw to his side much, he'll lock down half the field.

We have a problem with quickness more than speed which is why those screen passes kill us. We have done a good job of not giving up big plays to WR's.

Asomugha is the reason this game won't be easy. You don't throw to his side much, he'll lock down half the field.

true

we probally wont see too much crabtree this game were gonna see a lot of vernon and morgan however

He hasn't picked off Alex yet. Only Raider to pick off Alex was Stanford Routt back in 06. Then again, Alex also threw 3 TDs and we smashed them 34-20 or something.

I think Alex has always played pretty decently against the Raiders. They are a one trick pony on defense and rely SOLEY on Nmandi. That guy can't do everything. Alex is no Phillip Rivers but the Chargers did drop 400+ passing yards on them. I know, I know..it was Phillip Rivers...BUT...Charger WRs were getting WIDE open in space.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

Exactly! If the 49ers lose this week, to the Raiders, then surely Singletary has to go. If it was me I'd fire Singletary, keep Smith in for the remainder (since we don't have any QB prospects waiting in the wings), ditch the "smash mouth" mantra, and start over next year.

The good news is the next QB prospect will have a decent cast to work with (compared to the group Alex had).
2010 6 OAK CBS Bill McAtee, Rich Gannon 6 of 8

thats who is calling the game this sunday
I remember HBO Boxing had one of those 24/7 Boxing specials prior to a De La Hoya PPV fight.... I remember him saying, "My wife Millie said to train hard or don't bother coming home.............."

To the whole 49er Organization:

"You better win this game or pack your s**t and get out!!!"

God I wish I had Jed York's cell phone number so I could text that to him......
The 49ers are favored by 6.5, so I expect them to play true to form and play down to their competition. Like a rebellious teenager being scolded by their parents, the players have tuned-out Singletary's insipid yelling. The Raiders win this game 35-17.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I can't have these guys winning. I have Raiders-fan co-workers. THEY WILL NEVER LET ME LIVE A LOSS TO THEM DOWN.
49ers 14 Raiders 28

The losing streak continues.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
49ers 14 Raiders 28

The losing streak continues.

Wow no confidence at all.

I think we will get our first win this week. Too bad for me I won't get to watch it.
I think Oakland's most effective weapon on offense is Zach Miller. He's getting a lot of balls thrown his way because Oakland's receivers suck and he's taking full advantage of it.

He's 3rd amongst TE's in receptions with 28 and has 3 TD's. More than anything he's Campbell's and Gradkowski's go to receiver on 3rd downs. We are one of the worst teams stopping opposing teams on 3rd down. Spikes, Bowman and the nickel corner (probably T.Brown) will have their hands full covering him.

I say put Clements in at the Nickel and let him cover Miller on 3rd down. That was the plan in the offseason right?
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Guess what guys the Raiders have the 31st ranked rushing defense in the league. More Gore up the middle on 1st and 2nd come Sunday haha.

Gore ripped a 80 yarder on them in the preseason too. I wonder if this is the right game to open things up. You don't want to take Gore out of this one.
OMG This is so reminding me of all these years i've been a lone niners fan dealing with all these Raiders fans running their mouths. Last year we had a decent season now ALL OF A SUDDEN there is a butch of niners fans. It makes me soooo mad to hear all this negativity about a good Niners team from people who are SUPPOSED to be fans. A fan would never where a paper bag that's a coward and unloyal, unworthy coward. The niners have a GREAT team and a pretty decent qb in Smith. He's not great but he's going to get better and if we did drop him it's going to take a whole season to tighten up the offense again and maybe we don't go to the playoffs or win the division this year. It WILL get better and Smith WILL get better next year we WILL be GREAT! I say Niners fans STAND UP and be proud of the team you say your a fan of. ALWAYS be optimistic when it's your team playing, that's a real fan imo.