LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Singletary:Short fuse and short leash

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If his winless 49ers don't win one of the next two to three games, Singletary might be the next one removed from the premises, according to a team source familiar with the tenuous situation.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/09/SP231FQFSQ.DTL#ixzz11wH7ANqVhttp://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/09/SP231FQFSQ.DTL
And yet Alex Smith lives on. Man we're dumb.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

The end does seem to be drawing nearer for both of them though.
interesting, thanks for finding
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

The fact that Alex will out live Coach Sing and out lived even Raye makes me want to hurl. The main problem the problem is Alex. Now if we want to point to the finger into why he was allowed to be the starter this year then likes start looking for clues... Cuz if Coach Sing wanted it that way he deserves to be fired, but if he just did what the Front Office told him to do, then that's a whole nother story.
Great news. Unless he takes this team to the playoffs this year (extremely unlikely) he should be fired.

I don't want to see us lose any games, but if we do and Sing is fired earlier rather than later, all is not lost.

The fact that Alex will out live Coach Sing and out lived even Raye makes me want to hurl. The main problem the problem is Alex. Now if we want to point to the finger into why he was allowed to be the starter this year then likes start looking for clues... Cuz if Coach Sing wanted it that way he deserves to be fired, but if he just did what the Front Office told him to do, then that's a whole nother story.

Sing definitely wanted Smith as his long-term QB judging by his comments all year and more clearly this past Monday. I had no problem with Smith as our QB in the first game. But at this point, it's clear that Smith is part of the problem and not the solution.

He's the driver of the Alex Smith bandwagon. It's his fault for not recognizing that Smith is holding this team back.

For that, he's culpable and should be axed. Smith will follow. Unless both of them stage a drastic turnaround, they're both lame ducks.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Great news. Unless he takes this team to the playoffs this year (extremely unlikely) he should be fired.

I don't want to see us lose any games, but if we do and Sing is fired earlier rather than later, all is not lost.

I hear you, the sooner he's fired the sooner a modern offense will be seen in SF again. But then does that mean Alex Smith will get to fire a third coach? LMFAO!
I was starting to hope Alex would eventually come around (lame excuse #1 was that he needed a consistent OC)... but it's becoming more and more evident that he doesn't have it. He is inept and inconsistent. He needs to go before Sing, then bring back the West Coast Offense!

Sing definitely wanted Smith as his long-term QB judging by his comments all year and more clearly this past Monday. I had no problem with Smith as our QB in the first game. But at this point, it's clear that Smith is part of the problem and not the solution.

He's the driver of the Alex Smith bandwagon. It's his fault for not recognizing that Smith is holding this team back.

For that, he's culpable and should be axed. Smith will follow. Unless both of them stage a drastic turnaround, they're both lame ducks.

If that's true then Coach Sing should be gone. 2 years ago let alone it should of been obvious this summer MCNABB MCNABB MCNABB jeez and etc. That Alex should be starting in the NFL let alone for our otherwize football time. I don't want to watch the game tomorrow, but my stupid pride and love for this stupid team will probably make me watch us get probably killed again or just have Alex throw his what seems like 100th game away.

The best thing for the team would be to get rid of him. Going on a meaningless winning streak in the middle and end of the season will just bring that idiot back for more fun next year. If you are going to tank, tank hard and get rid of the crap on the team.
I heard Alex Smith is 10-27 when the defense allows more than 10 points in a game.

If that's true then Coach Sing should be gone. 2 years ago let alone it should of been obvious this summer MCNABB MCNABB MCNABB jeez and etc. That Alex should be starting in the NFL let alone for our otherwize football time. I don't want to watch the game tomorrow, but my stupid pride and love for this stupid team will probably make me watch us get probably killed again or just have Alex throw his what seems like 100th game away.

I know man. I definitely feel you on the McNabb thing as well. Made no sense that we didn't even show interest in him. That was the sad part. I mean c'mon it's not like Smith had given anyone any reason to think he was the future based on 09. He had a few good games mixed in with s**tty/average ones.

How often does a pro-bowl QB (coming off an amazing season) go on the market? I'm not even a huge McNabb fan but I know for damn sure we'd be at least 2-2 with him.

What's better is that we'd have a real fukking leader who the other players RESPECT and follow b/c they know he's been to bigger places.

I know man. I definitely feel you on the McNabb thing as well. Made no sense that we didn't even show interest in him. That was the sad part. I mean c'mon it's not like Smith had given anyone any reason to think he was the future based on 09. He had a few good games mixed in with s**tty/average ones.

How often does a pro-bowl QB (coming off an amazing season) go on the market? I'm not even a huge McNabb fan but I know for damn sure we'd be at least 2-2 with him.

What's better is that we'd have a real fukking leader who the other players RESPECT and follow b/c they know he's been to bigger places.

No we'd be 3-1. If we just kneel down before ALex throws 2 picks in Saints territory we win. And duh we win last we hell one more FG???? After being up 14-0 and half that is defense anyways? And we of course should of been up 10-0 and then would of been able to close out the game with Gore and the defense which was embarrassing Seattle at the time, but Alex couldn't hit a wide open Norris and then literally threw the game away. And hey last year your right he had a good game here and there, but there were 2 only 2 and it was the bad banged up Seattle secondary and we lost anyway and then the Lion game granted he didn't really play well he just didn't have to do anything and he didn't throw the game away. Even the Cardinal game where we would of scored like 30 or 40 if we had a QB he sucked so bad he was the only Niner on the field that couldn't play worth a darn, we literally won that game with #21 and the defense. And now ya we could be SHOULD BE 3-1 with a good QB and very good team, but we're what one of the best 0-4 teams ever. Oh whoopty freaking do.

I agree, but it's worth mentioning that there's really no realistic alternative to either this season.
Share 49ersWebzone