LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

If We Lose to Philly, How Serious will the Niner Brass Consider Canning Sing?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If We Lose to Philly, How Serious will the Niner Brass Consider Canning Sing?

[ Edited by stevenking57 on Oct 9, 2010 at 11:22:55 ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
At home, No Vick, No starting RB, No Asante Samuel and a Kolb coming off an injury! We better not lose.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Young Jed needs to call up his uncle and get some advice.
  • 9r4lf
The problem is deeper than Sing, although he is the face of it. If we can him, then the new coach brings new everything and we start all over again! And we had better not f**king lose tomorrow
Originally posted by 9r4lf:
The problem is deeper than Sing, although he is the face of it. If we can him, then the new coach brings new everything and we start all over again!

When do these stupid excuses end?

"It's deeper than so and so, so let's just stick with what's not working."

Yeah, that makes sense.
I'm sure they've already begun compiling a list of candidates.
  • dj43
Originally posted by 49erRider:
The problem is deeper than Sing, although he is the face of it. If we can him, then the new coach brings new everything and we start all over again!

Yeah, that makes sense.

Problem is the only guy on staff now who could take over would be Mike Solari and he doesn't bring much recognition or credibility to the picture.
Originally posted by dj43:

Yeah, that makes sense.

Problem is the only guy on staff now who could take over would be Mike Solari and he doesn't bring much recognition or credibility to the picture.

Yes, but the guy I quoted seems to be complaining about canning Singletary even after the season is over.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:

Yeah, that makes sense.

Yes, but the guy I quoted seems to be complaining about canning Singletary even after the season is over.
I see no way Singletary keeps his job after this season. Even if the team wins 9 of the next 12 (a remarkable achievement) his emotional outbursts have become an embarrassment to the franchise. Unless he has a total personality transformation in the next 12 weeks, I can't see him staying.

Just my thoughts...
they should consider selling instead

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
they should consider selling instead

Firing him midseason isn't going to accomplish anything. Unlike with Nolan, we don't have a lackey under Singletary worth giving a tryout. If we get rid of him, it'll be in the offseason.
  • ZRF80
Same old excuses, I'll bet. Oline, receivers cant catch, Alex will become a probowler eventually....
It will be a thought.... but i just don't see them firing him until seasons end. It will take at least a playoff win for Sing to keep his job, and i don't see that happening either...
The 49ers HAVE to win tomorrow, we can't lose...we just can't. If we somehow find a way to lose this game, things will not look good at all for Sing....well things will at least look worse.
Share 49ersWebzone