LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

ESPN NFL experts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by SBinMT:
It's puzzling to think about why the so-called experts are favoring the Niners this week. The Eagles are a better team - hands down - and have owned SF for years.

Not very puzzling at all... Eagles didn't look too sexy at the beginning of the season with Kolb.

And we have looked good? Forget about getting our asses kicked to the likes of Seattle and Kanas City?
It's puzzling to think about why the so-called experts are favoring the Niners this week. The Eagles are a better team - hands down - and have owned SF for years.

Not very puzzling at all... Eagles didn't look too sexy at the beginning of the season with Kolb.

I agree. And it doesn't matter if they owned us in previous seaons. Both the Saints and the Falcons have owned us in recent matchups but we nearly beat both already this season and we obviously play better at home and on primetime so I see no reason we can't pull off a win on Sunday
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

And we have looked good? Forget about getting our asses kicked to the likes of Seattle and Kanas City?

vick and samuel are out, thier best players on both sides of the ball. and thier banged up and have to fly across the country. we have played two good teams(NO and ATL) to the wire and their not as good as them.
Let's face it. We were picks to beat Seattle and KC for sure. We shoulda woulda coulda beat Atlanta and N.O. This team has talent but beats itself every week. I'll be honest I haven't been this disappointed in the team in a long time. It was one thing to lose when we sucked on paper. This is a whole new ball of wax.
don't mean s**t
Originally posted by niners9:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

vick and samuel are out, thier best players on both sides of the ball. and thier banged up and have to fly across the country. we have played two good teams(NO and ATL) to the wire and their not as good as them.

Bottom line... we are a safe pick, were at home and don't want to go 0-5. And the team that has owned us in previous years, had McNabb. They aren't the same team especially without Vick, but i don't care, i just take it as a break for us.

We just need a win and to start feelin' positive about the season.
People really need to stop calling Alex "Captain Checkdown".......it's "Officer Overthrow".
Originally posted by mickey49:
People really need to stop calling Alex "Captain Checkdown".......it's "Officer Overthrow".

This
I am expecting the Niners to win this game!

however I could also see the Niners controlling the ball---but getting FG's--and the eagles get a couple of big play scores--offense and special teams---and beating the Niners.
Some Eagles fans have no faith in "dink and dunk" Kolb (their words) just like many of us have lost faith in our QB. So, this will be a battle to see who sucks more...Kolb or Smith.

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Some Eagles fans have no faith in "dink and dunk" Kolb (their words) just like many of us have lost faith in our QB. So, this will be a battle to see who sucks more...Kolb or Smith.

Which is why I also expect us to win.
Folie à deux
Folie à plusieurs
Originally posted by niners9:
how do u guys call yourself niner fans? yes we are 0-4, but we can win this game.

They call themselves Niner fans because they are fans of the 49ers. That's how. That doesn't mean they have to see things with homer goggles.

That being said, I agree we can win this game and I actually think we will. If Alex Smith can just stop killing drives with turnovers, we can win the next 7 or 8 games straight. Will it happen? Probably not, but it CAN.
Originally posted by mickey49:

Share 49ersWebzone