ESPN NFL experts

Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by niners9:
Originally posted by rawdel:
Eagles have owned us for years. But with McNabb gone and Vick and McCoy out, we do have a chance.

asante samuel is out too

McCoy is listed as a full go for Sunday.

eh, no worries.

that is what I have said about a lot of RB's this year, yet we failed to stop any of them.

k

our defense is overrated.

kk
Originally posted by brucesf49:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by cNiner:
9 out of 10 pick the niners to win sunday night. i know that doesn't mean we will win, but at least people still have faith in them. GO NINERS

Dont worry , we are going to lose ! they have a good team with good players that they use not like our team run up the middle and then try to throw 2 yards to rb !

they have an offincive HC not D minded that we lose @ the End !

We've been moving the ball. How many redzone turnovers did we have or f**k ups in the redzone or in FG range? We had 3 last week and probably 7 or 8 on the year. We're moving the ball.

Fumbles and INTs are killing us.

that sounds like some optimism Joe. that is not allowed here. lol.

seriously...if some...just some....of those mistakes are righted then I think we win more than lose.

We would be 2-2 at least having played 3 of the top teams in the league and 3 out 4 road games.

I'm positive about our season.
9 out of 10 pick the niners to win sunday night. i know that doesn't mean we will win, but at least people still have faith in them. GO NINERS

Dont worry , we are going to lose ! they have a good team with good players that they use not like our team run up the middle and then try to throw 2 yards to rb !

We've been moving the ball. How many redzone turnovers did we have or f**k ups in the redzone or in FG range? We had 3 last week and probably 7 or 8 on the year. We're moving the ball.

seriously...if some...just some....of those mistakes are righted then I think we win more than lose.

We would be 2-2 at least having played 3 of the top teams in the league and 3 out 4 road games.

Yes. I think our guys can turn this thing around if we play mistake free this Sunday night and get a decisive win. That should give them the confidence to bust out some major wins midseason when our schedule lightens up.

Yes. I think our guys can turn this thing around if we play mistake free this Sunday night and get a decisive win. That should give them the confidence to bust out some major wins midseason when our schedule lightens up.

It seems as though they are trying too hard and that's when mistakes are made. They need to just relax and not worry about trying to score on every play or making an INT or causing a fumble on every play.

If they let the game come to them, then I can see us blowing the Eagles out.

It seems as though they are trying too hard and that's when mistakes are made. They need to just relax and not worry about trying to score on every play or making an INT or causing a fumble on every play.

If they let the game come to them, then I can see us blowing the Eagles out.

I agree. can't force it. what do you think is the best game plan for us? I heard Sapp calling the Eagles line puny and Pat Kirwin saying weshould run it like 30 times. Match that with the fact that they blitz a lot I believe the run would slow that down for them and then maybe we attack Samuels absence.....does this sound about right? if we run 30 times we could mix it up with westbrook and gore also.

of course we know people hate how we supposedly run all the time but isn't this the best way to expose them?
It makes me more optimistic about this game- don't care who is out for this game; we just a need a win.... it will cure a lot of negativity around here.

I'll admit, when i saw Vick go out last week, i was even more optimistic, but the way i see it-- it's a freakin break for us. And i'll take it!
not sure if I remember the name, and his name being unrecognizable is the point....but did you guys all forget about Ty Detmer???
Originally posted by danimal:
not sure if I remember the name, and his name being unrecognizable is the point....but did you guys all forget about Ty Detmer???

yes. he lost to the niners plenty of times while on the eagles. then joined niners for 1 year i believe. what about him?

yes. he lost to the niners plenty of times while on the eagles. then joined niners for 1 year i believe. what about him?

who cares. he's a journeyman bum

Maybe I got the wrong guy.

One year McNabb was out for the Niner game, Niner fans were ecstatic, his unknown backup proceeded to shred us to pieces. It may have happen a 2nd time too in recent years when McNabb was out against the Niners.

Wait, was it his brother Koy Detmer???

I think he would do a lasso celebration after each TD too, IIRC

[ Edited by danimal on Oct 8, 2010 at 16:01:44 ]

One year McNabb was out for the Niner game, Niner fans were ecstatic, his unknown backup proceeded to shred us to pieces. It may have happen a 2nd time too in recent years when McNabb was out against the Niners.

probably was his brother. ty played for the eagles in the mid to later 90's

Yes, it was his bro' Koy... a really dorky looking dude, but he air'd it out that night and we made him look like a pro-bowler. We did knock him out of the game though, by sacking him and dislocating his shoulder if i recall, but we still lost.

Are you trying to make a prediction?
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

Yes, it was his bro' Koy... a really dorky looking dude, but he air'd it out that night and we made him look like a pro-bowler. We did knock him out of the game though, by sacking him and dislocating his shoulder if i recall, but we still lost.

Are you trying to make a prediction?

thanks for the recollection. Thought thats what happened, no prediction just some de ja vu
It's puzzling to think about why the so-called experts are favoring the Niners this week. The Eagles are a better team - hands down - and have owned SF for years.
Originally posted by SBinMT:
It's puzzling to think about why the so-called experts are favoring the Niners this week. The Eagles are a better team - hands down - and have owned SF for years.

Not very puzzling at all... Eagles didn't look too sexy at the beginning of the season with Kolb.