LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

10 keys to victory on 10.10.10

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nate Clements... get the game winning interception and don't fumble the ball. tuck the ball in and take a knee.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by brucesf49:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by BleedRandG:
Originally posted by digital9er:
Originally posted by fly15:
Bench Alex

You do that and there goes are chances of getting LUCK, LOCKER, MCELROY, MALLET, or STANZI

how so?

he's trying to say if Smith is benched then the team will start winning. Apparently he feels Carr is a better option. Either that or he thinks the team will elevate Davis to the active roster and skyrocket him to the starting position.

All options at qb are not any better than smith. just got to ride this season out. smith or no smith.

exactly. And if Smith doesn't work out( which it doesn't look like he is going to) then make a serious run for Andrew Luck.

right on. trade all the way up if needed. i need to start watching more college football now so i can get a better feel for next years draft. I dont know any of the top qb's. got an idea of top 5 qb's???
i will say if we get to week 13 or 14 and its obvious we are not making the playoffs.....play nate davis. why the hell not.
Ick! that's too many 10's. Why do I have a feeling our 1st none losing week will be a 10-10 tie. I'm pretty superstitious and I feel doomed by the 10 for some reason. Can someone hit me with the mysterious hamster please. I'll cue the music...

DUH DUH DUUUUH!
Originally posted by global_nomad:
10. Throw the ball down the field
9. Don't give up the big play to the eagles wrs
8. Stop the screen pass
7. Continue to get the ball to play makers
6. Pass to set up the run
5. Offensive line play like the last home game
4. Play field position, special teams turn FP on returns
3. Get Westbrook and Ginn involved. Westrbook has extra motivation this game.
2. Do not turn the ball over
1. Let the QB manage the game, mistake free!

Its all setting up for our first win on 10/10/10!!

feel free to make your own list.

10-10-10....hmmmm...lets see...

10+10+10=30

49ers....hmmmm

49-30=19

19, lets see.....Super Bowl XIX(19)

Superbowl 19 is the Niners 1st Superbowl

10-10-10 is the Niners first win of a 6th Superbowl winning season

19?!?!? Try Superbowl 16 genius!
stick gonna be 10x louder than ever
8. Stop the screen pass

Just a few problems with your 10 Keys to Victory:

Alex couldn't hit water falling out of the boat in the middle of the pacific....

Have you seen how slow out CB's are?????

8. Stop the screen pass
Haven't done it all year.. DL lacks in play recognition....

The only play-maker Alex can get the ball to with consistency is Frank Gore. And that is only with hand-offs..

See #10

Even is Alex get's time he will still throw the ball behind someone or too high for a tip ball for a pick... He's good for at least 1 a game..

Our offense doesn't have this concept down. As they keep giving our defense a short field to work with...

Our offensive coaching staff is allergic to offensive creativity...

Ya think?

See #7 and #10
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
8. Stop the screen pass

Alex couldn't hit water falling out of the boat in the middle of the pacific....

8. Stop the screen pass

The only play-maker Alex can get the ball to with consistency is Frank Gore. And that is only with hand-offs..

See #10

Even is Alex get's time he will still throw the ball behind someone or too high for a tip ball for a pick... He's good for at least 1 a game..

Our offense doesn't have this concept down. As they keep giving our defense a short field to work with...

Ya think?

See #7 and #10

dude you took my post way to serious, I'm just trying to have fun
8. Stop the screen pass

8. Stop the screen pass

See #10

Ya think?

See #7 and #10

dude you took my post way to serious, I'm just trying to have fun

Oh my bad then.......
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
1. Bench Alex
2. Bench Chilo
3. Bench Alex
4. Bench Chilo
5. Bench Alex
6. Bench Chilo
7. Bench Alex
8. Bench Chilo
9. Bench Alex
10. Bench Chilo

8. Stop the screen pass

10-10-10....hmmmm...lets see...

10+10+10=30

49ers....hmmmm

49-30=19

19, lets see.....Super Bowl XIX(19)

Superbowl 19 is the Niners 1st Superbowl

10-10-10 is the Niners first win of a 6th Superbowl winning season

19?!?!? Try Superbowl 16 genius!

ok...well. 2nd superbowl. I was a little high at the time I did that so give me a break man. I was just trying to have some fun. obviously failed but just f**king around since there is obviously nothing else to do this season.
Offensively and defensively the Eagles are quick off the edges. Jam their receivers at the line of scrimmage and run straight at them on defense. If the Eagle receivers go for big yardage it could be a long afternoon. This is one game where the Singletary mentality of pounding the rock could get them a win.
Very good post.

I'd add: A). Don't run on first down
B). More slant passes to VD
C). Use the spread offense the whole game
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Bench Alex

You do that and there goes are chances of getting LUCK, LOCKER, MCELROY, MALLET, or STANZI

funny. i like how you play on how Alex would have to lose close every game of the season to draft top qb.

funny guy.

It drives me crazy when people hope to lose.

HAHA duno what else to say with A. Smith as our QB. C'mon man how long have we 49er fans been waiting on this guy to BUST out of this FUNK. NO its not all on A. Smith BUT who do you look at first with a lost?

Fans and the MEDIA point to one guy....the QB.

I am not defending Smith man. I recently just abandoned the Smith ship or whatever its called. I have given up dude. I do believe he was ruined by years of incompetence but I now just believe it is irreversable and that it is time to go another direction. With that said....I dont believe there is much else to do with the QB position. Best bet for me would be to play Davis. I never supported him but at least more upside than Carr and T. Smith not ready.

That said. I will never hope for our team to lose. Play as hard as you can for the best possible result you can get. I refuse to say give up. I think that they should go out and play as hard as you can no matter if you are 0-15. Trade up in the draft if needed.

I think humor played a little part in his post, hence the smiley face. No real need to get all worked up about.

if so....my bad. just remember how people got before. i remember fans hoping we lose so we get #1 draft. thats not funny. thats just sad ya know.

Not that I am one to hope the Niners lose, EVER, but how is that sad? If diehard fans truly in their heart believe that the only hope is to be in a position in the draft to get the missing piece or two, then that's what they believe and nobody should fault them for their beliefs.

If you "knew" that the only way to avoid another 5-6 years of pitiful play was to lose badly in one season and therefor being able to obtain the players required, wouldn't you, as a fan, be willing to sacrifice one season?

It's the whole band-aid philosophy. We hate Terry Dumbahue, but his screwing us by release all those high priced players in one off season was actually a blessing when Nolan took over the reigns cause we had a ton of cap room to work with.

[ Edited by WINiner on Oct 9, 2010 at 09:38:07 ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Bench Alex

funny. i like how you play on how Alex would have to lose close every game of the season to draft top qb.

funny guy.

It drives me crazy when people hope to lose.

HAHA duno what else to say with A. Smith as our QB. C'mon man how long have we 49er fans been waiting on this guy to BUST out of this FUNK. NO its not all on A. Smith BUT who do you look at first with a lost?

Fans and the MEDIA point to one guy....the QB.

I am not defending Smith man. I recently just abandoned the Smith ship or whatever its called. I have given up dude. I do believe he was ruined by years of incompetence but I now just believe it is irreversable and that it is time to go another direction. With that said....I dont believe there is much else to do with the QB position. Best bet for me would be to play Davis. I never supported him but at least more upside than Carr and T. Smith not ready.

That said. I will never hope for our team to lose. Play as hard as you can for the best possible result you can get. I refuse to say give up. I think that they should go out and play as hard as you can no matter if you are 0-15. Trade up in the draft if needed.

I think humor played a little part in his post, hence the smiley face. No real need to get all worked up about.

if so....my bad. just remember how people got before. i remember fans hoping we lose so we get #1 draft. thats not funny. thats just sad ya know.

Not that I am one to hope the Niners lose, EVER, but how is that sad? If diehard fans truly in their heart believe that the only hope is to be in a position in the draft to get the missing piece or two, then that's what they believe and nobody should fault them for their beliefs.

If you "knew" that the only way to avoid another 5-6 years of pitiful play was to lose badly in one season and therefor being able to obtain the players required, wouldn't you, as a fan, be willing to sacrifice one season?

It's the whole band-aid philosophy. We hate Terry Dumbahue, but his screwing us by release all those high priced players in one off season was actually a blessing when Nolan took over the reigns cause we had a ton of cap room to work with.

Wow. Lighten up peeps. Been watching Niner football for a long time. If I'm still watching after 2-14 seasons and didn't pick up another hobby then what does that tell you. SH*T I could be doing something else with my Sundays/Mondays but I chose and HOPE every year that at least Playoffs and while I'm in HOPE SUPERBOWL.

But right now what does your eyeballs tell you?? You'd be blind to think 49ers are not getting a QB in this years draft. Yes there is more problems then that position but that's were most GOOD teams start adjusting then go from there.

Sh*t...there is so much talent right now around the QB that he fails to get it to them. What is really sad right now is that GORE is our leading receiver...that tells you two things

1. receivers covered (every receiver is covered in the NFL)
2. checks down way to much and fast.

DIE HARD FAN. Pahleese

[ Edited by digital9er on Oct 9, 2010 at 09:49:36 ]
Share 49ersWebzone