There are 258 users in the forums

Eric Davis and Bill Romanowski: Competition breeds success

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great chat between the two on Singletary's comments about Alex Smith. I agree 100%
Link
Did anyone else see what signing Trent Edwards did for David Garrard? It clearly lit a fire under his rear.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
Did anyone else see what signing Trent Edwards did for David Garrard? It clearly lit a fire under his rear.

Competition is the essence of sports. For the life of me I can't see Singletary's logic in this .
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

Competition is the essence of sports. For the life of me I can't see Singletary's logic in this .

That isn't always true. At the same time, everyone is different. Some people seem to collapse under pressure. With Smith, I can't figure it out. When the lights were on and he had two minutes to take the 49ers more than 80 yards, he was able to do so. The 49ers need to put him in that situation with that kind of urgency more often.
  • bret
  • Veteran

That isn't always true. At the same time, everyone is different. Some people seem to collapse under pressure. With Smith, I can't figure it out. When the lights were on and he had two minutes to take the 49ers more than 80 yards, he was able to do so. The 49ers need to put him in that situation with that kind of urgency more often.

The only reason to play is to win Super Bowls. And the Super Bowl is the ultimate pressure. People who collapse under pressure need to be identified in pre-season and cut or, better yet, traded.
Originally posted by bret:

The only reason to play is to win Super Bowls. And the Super Bowl is the ultimate pressure. People who collapse under pressure need to be identified in pre-season and cut or, better yet, traded.

It's difficult to fathom a competitor like Singletary would tolerate, much less promote, such an attitude on his team while holding everyone else to a different standard.
Romanowski sounds drunk

Just look at how Singletary dealt with his own potential competition. He sent Martz walking in fear that Martz's competency with X's and O's may highlight Singletary's incompetency. Sometimes competition brings out the insecurity in people. Alex Smith is the picture of insecurity. That may be why Singletary can relate with him.

[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Oct 7, 2010 at 11:49:08 ]
It only breeds competition if you have the mentality/ psyche for it.

Look at Balmer....

Possibly Coffee

It hasnt worked for Alex Smith either
We've all been saying how Smith has just been babied through his whole NFL career.

A lot of you zoners are to blame as well

Nice to see someone taking Bill Romanowski seriously.

Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:

Just look at how Singletary dealt with his own potential competition. He sent Martz walking in fear that Martz's competency with X's and O's may highlight Singletary's incompetency. Sometimes competition brings out the insecurity in people. Alex Smith is the picture of insecurity. That may be why Singletary can relate with him.[/quote]

Good point.
Share 49ersWebzone