There are 233 users in the forums

Taylor Mays / Eric Berryrevisit

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Ball hawk FS vs Enforcing SS

supposedly we have a hawk in goldson....not so much this year...so far

I have a feeling Reggie Smith will be our FS next year, I'm fine with that.

i second that motion...we need to save some money for someone that can do that thing where you throw the ball real good
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The correct answer is Earl Thomas

3 picks already on the season

yea, now that dude is legit. No question about it.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

actually, the best rookie safety so far this year has been the Eagles Nate Allen. Allen has 3 interceptions, a sack, 4 pass defenses and 14 tackles.

Nate Allen also has 3 picks.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by obx49:
I would rather have Dexter McCluster, but I'll settle with Mays.

yea, i wanted a speedster and was happy when we picked up Vann. Should of converted him to a WR.

That would have been a great idea. This offense is totally devoid of speed except for maybe Vernon Davis.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I would rather have Dexter McCluster, but I'll settle with Mays.

yea, i wanted a speedster and was happy when we picked up Vann. Should of converted him to a WR.

That would have been a great idea. This offense is totally devoid of speed except for maybe Vernon Davis.

even VD isn't very quick. He may have a fast 40 time, but dude seriously lacks quickness. Looks like a robot out there trying to make people miss.
Who is Eric Berryrevisit?

I like what we have in Mays, he is perfect for the role we have him playing. Here is an Eric Berry gif.
Berry has played 4 games vs Mays 1 game and folks seriously want to break this down and re visit the draft? Niner talk at it's finest
Originally posted by boast:
too early to make that assessment. come back in 3 years and ask again.

but....... Mays played great last week. let's hope he continues to work hard and get better.

too early to make that assessment. come back in 3 years and ask again.

but....... Mays played great last week. let's hope he continues to work hard and get better.
Way too early but I was on the Earl Thomas or Morgan Burnett bandwagon. He's got 3 picks already...Burnett had one in his 1st game but he is now out for the season. I didn't want Mays in the first (which would have made him a FS) but at 49 and making him a SS (less coverage, more run support) I was happy with it.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

I like what we have in Mays, he is perfect for the role we have him playing. Here is an Eric Berry gif.

Wow, how many times do you see a guy tackle two people at the same time?

actually, the best rookie safety so far this year has been the Eagles Nate Allen. Allen has 3 interceptions, a sack, 4 pass defenses and 14 tackles.

I heard the Niners reportedly really wanted him and were crushed when he was snatched up and settled for Mays. We'll see what happens though.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yup, but Iupati is doing pretty good for us right now, so that's a pretty tough one, and we also had no shot at Nate Allen who I heard we were targeting. I think the better comparison would be Morgan Burnett and Taylor Mays.

But with that said, I'm more than happy we drafted Mays.
Share 49ersWebzone