Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Andy Lee- SS
Moran Norris-MLB
Josh Morgan- Head Coach
Willis-Long Snapper
  • jrg
  • Veteran
might as well make Willis tight end, and VD MLB, and Alex a CB.
Mays and Lawson as our starting WR's means there is no way we can lose! Their Size/Speed numbers are off the charts! Un-defendable!

Oh wait... there is that whole "catching the ball" thing that might come into play when you're an NFL WR... wierd.
This season just keeps getting worse and worse.
Originally posted by jrg:

That was the next thing I was going to do.

Good to see it back!
Originally posted by stevenking57:
After reading several articles about our W.R.'s not being able to get deep, which in turn allows the defense to play up in the box and stop Gore, any thoughts about putting Mays in with Ginn 3-5 times a game together to loosen up the D.B's? I have a feeling that Mays may be faster than Ginn and I'd bet he has better hands too, not that Ginn has rep for good hands anyway. Mays may be one of the fastest players in the NFL, it would nice to see him and Ginn put the fear of god into a defense. Of coarse the O-Line would to block longer for a longer pass, but....

BOOOOOOOO!
  • Otter
  • Veteran
I like this. And we should definitely move Moran Norris to Center, because he knows how to lead block and he's strong with big muscles.
Originally posted by stevenking57:
After reading several articles about our W.R.'s not being able to get deep, which in turn allows the defense to play up in the box and stop Gore, any thoughts about putting Mays in with Ginn 3-5 times a game together to loosen up the D.B's? I have a feeling that Mays may be faster than Ginn and I'd bet he has better hands too, not that Ginn has rep for good hands anyway. Mays may be one of the fastest players in the NFL, it would nice to see him and Ginn put the fear of god into a defense. Of coarse the O-Line would to block longer for a longer pass, but....

Wow, this board thinks as basic as Mike Singletary. Many coaches have used rookie DB/Kick returners sparingly on offense if that player possesses immense speed and athletic ability.

I would rather try Williams within the offense as a jack of all trades before Taylor Mays, but it isn't a crazy idea. Just that Mays is 230 pounds and doesn't appear to be very shifty which means he may not be able to adjust to a badly thrown deep pass by Alex Smith which is something that happens often.
Actually singletary called me and said to use me as a 3rd WR to stretch the field

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Share 49ersWebzone