There are 250 users in the forums

Something about our division

Shop Find 49ers gear online
that i hope many of you consider before we say that our chances to win the division are shrinking.......We are only 2 games back and the toughest division game we always have AT SEA is over.....looks like we never have problem with the rams and Ariz is done at qb...so they are done! We will pick up 4 - 5 games in the division for sure....and the most important thing to consider:

Ariz STL and SEA still have to play the Saints AND ATl which they will lose to

also, we have a great chance against the eagles, and SEA has little chance against the Giants as do the Cards against the Cowboys.

So i think we will win the division by 1 game maybe 2. I think the niners will finish 9-7 and sea will be 7-9 or 8-8 at best. Even if we finish 8-8 with SEA, as long as we finish with a better division record we will win it. (they lost to the rams so i think they will be 4-2 and we will be 5-1 in the division)

Cheer up, i hope this analysis helps, and by the end of the year our OL will improve as well as Mays and our OC playcalling. The only thing which will have to get better is Smith
There's an NFC West thread, just sayin.
If the offense doesn't start scoring and the defense doesn't stop teams from scoring then we are gonna be able to draft Andrew Luck without a trade.

You are right though our division is bad but I just don't know if Singletary has the knowledge to right the ship. We have a good chance to beat Philly for our first win but if we happen to screw it up and lose, then all hell is gonna brake loose in Ninertown.
that they might get beat by all the teams if the 49ers stop shooting them selfs in the foot
  • B650
  • Veteran
I agree, it's not over yet...not because we're a great team, but because the rest of the division is weak. The Rams are on the rise, but I don't see them winning the division, I mean, is the division that weak? Probably not. The Seahawks seem to be too inconsistent. The Cardinals...they're starting rookie QB Max Hall this week. If we manage to find a way to win against the Eagles, we'll probably be sitting a game back of 1st place with a soft schedule coming up...but we have to start finding ways to win, and play smart. We can't keep making bonehead mistakes and expect to win games.
We're about to be 0-5, get over it it's not going to happen as I've said, since we were dumb enough to commit to Alex in the off-season, this is Seattle's division as depressing as that is.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Should've gotten McNabb.
We're 0-4. Lets win at least 1 before we start talkin division.

Right now all I care about is winning the next game. If we win, then it'll be the game after that. We just have to win, period...and see where the cards fall. We can't sit here hoping for teams to lose when you're in an 0-4 hole. You gotta just hope YOU turn it around.
is 9-7 really gonna make u feel good? barely making the playoffs and getting smashed in the first round is not my idea of a triumph of any kind. i hope we start winning as much as anyone but i just hope its not the usual suck til the last 4 -5 out of contention games and f**k up the draft type s**t that theyve been doing lately.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
is 9-7 really gonna make u feel good? barely making the playoffs and getting smashed in the first round is not my idea of a triumph of any kind. i hope we start winning as much as anyone but i just hope its not the usual suck til the last 4 -5 out of contention games and f**k up the draft type s**t that theyve been doing lately.

If we got to 9-7 and lost in the first round, I'd still take it. It's a step forward. What's better, 7-9 and having a mid round pick or 9-7 and having a mid round pick + playoffs?

But I highly doubt we're gonna go 9-7 anyway and I don't see anyway we can make the playoffs after an 0-4 start. We're gonna lose games we were supposed to win (like we already have) and end up at that dreadful 6-10 or 7-9 range.
[ Edited by Leathaface on Oct 7, 2010 at 1:35 AM ]

+1
yeah, guapo we might win, but we still are handicapped with a HC who can't coach, because he never learned how, and the 'Xs and Os" thing is a mystery to him in a league where you have sean payton, bellichick,etc, and worse, BM is following his BEARS 1985 to the letter. Get him gone , and i agree with you. IF BM stays , we go nowhere.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

If we got to 9-7 and lost in the first round, I'd still take it. It's a step forward. What's better, 7-9 and having a mid round pick or 9-7 and having a mid round pick + playoffs?

But I highly doubt we're gonna go 9-7 anyway and I don't see anyway we can make the playoffs after an 0-4 start. We're gonna lose games we were supposed to win (like we already have) and end up at that dreadful 6-10 or 7-9 range.

i think they have the team to make the playoffs, i dont doubt the players at all but i think singletary is a stubborn f**king moron and if we even get close to playoffs despite him we will be forced to keep him for another year. if were gonna go in convincingly and show that we are a good team im all for it but if weere just gonna stumble in at 8-8 or so and keep singletary around to f**k us up some more next year ill pass.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Thanks for the update.....not all things should go into one thread....that's why there are "different" threads.....just saying
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Thanks for the update.....not all things should go into one thread....that's why there are "different" threads.....just saying

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=145743

It would go nice there.
Share 49ersWebzone